Thread: Dallas Cowboys Owners Says Change Required

Dallas Cowboys Owners Says Change Required

So, without definition, that may mean any of Dallas's Coaches, Coordinators or even their QB could be in-play.

Does any of them have appeal to you, and if so, why?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So, without definition, that may mean any of Dallas's Coaches, Coordinators or even their QB could be in-play.

Does any of them have appeal to you, and if so, why?
    Yeah, they have a very good team and most of the staff is excellent. Romo throws a pick at the wrong time but it could of just as well gone the other way.
    I like their whole offense and would consider picking up anyone available if cap permitted.

How about Revis for Romo straightup.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Yeah, they have a very good team and most of the staff is excellent. Romo throws a pick at the wrong time but it could of just as well gone the other way.
    I like their whole offense and would consider picking up anyone available if cap permitted.

amnd we can even throw in sanchez to sweeten the pot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post

Dallas would never trade Romo. They would be stuck with no one. That said I would make that deal in a heartbeat.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Dallas would never trade Romo. They would be stuck with no one. That said I would make that deal in a heartbeat.
    But with who ? If they get rid of the HC ? OC yes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Well they have Orton whose 2 years younger then Romo..

All League
    I know Jerry insists on being in charge, but this philosophy has not served him well. Could he mean hiring a GM?

It's not likely, but it's certainly within the realm of possibilties. Just saying...

Hall Of Fame
    Everyone thought they would go after Norv. But Garrett came out and said he doesn't need Norv or something to that effect. He does not want to relinquish his play calling duties.

I can see them making some changes with assistant coaches. They need to upgrade their DL especially the tackles. And they need help with the offensive line.

The Cowboys have a lot of nice skilled position players but they are weak at the OL and DL and that has continued to bite them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    [/B]

amnd we can even throw in sanchez to sweeten the pot!!!
    Just because we are such nice guys.

I know it sounds nuts but I could see Jones going with Norv Turner as the coach.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I know it sounds nuts but I could see Jones going with Norv Turner as the coach.
    Norv is from here in the SF Bay area, Martinez, a quiet, laid back place. No way Norv goes back to glitzy Dallas to work with a meddlesome doosh, with lackluster talent, coming back as a Savior from the Good Ol Daze. Norv knows that a fail/FAIL situation

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Well they have Orton whose 2 years younger then Romo..
    The problem is that Orton sucks and Romo is actually very good. Without Romo the Cowboys are the 2012 NY Jets. I'd happily take Romo as our QB but there is no way Dallas gives him up.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Y
    Why? The offensive play calls are fine, it's seems to be the guy(Romo), trying to pass the ball in key situations.

I think Garrett is an absolutely awful head coach. Completely clueless in so many regards.

Romo is damaged goods in Dallas. I'm pretty sure he's in the last year of his deal, so I bet they'll try to dangle him out there in trade talks. I think Romo in New York has fiasco written all over it. For one, he'd be going from the #2 pressure cooker in the NFL to the #1...that already nixes it for me. Secondly, IMHO for Romo to be successful he needs a strong minded veteran head coach with a background in offense.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Y

Why? The offensive play calls are fine, it's seems to be the guy(Romo), trying to pass the ball in key situations.
    Just a notion. Garrett is clueless as a coach IMO. he's been Jerry's little pet project but I just don't see him as a leader. I think Jerry is married to Romo being the guy and is going to be looking for an offensive guru to maybe play QB whisperer to him. Who better than Norv?

Just a notion. Garrett is clueless as a coach IMO. he's been Jerry's little pet project but I just don't see him as a leader. I think Jerry is married to Romo being the guy and is going to be looking for an offensive guru to maybe play QB whisperer to him. Who better than Norv?
    Jerry said recently that Garrett was a "leader of men". He is in love with the guy, I think he'd bail on Romo before Garrett.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Jerry said recently that Garrett was a "leader of men". He is in love with the guy, I think he'd bail on Romo before Garrett.
    Yeah I get that. I'm just wary of the fact these guys say one thing and generally do another. Woody gave a big endorsement to Rex as well but I don't necessarily buy the idea of him being here next year. Hell last year they couldn't give Shotty enough praise publicly while kicking him out the door.