Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Albert Breer On WFAN

All League
    Charter JI Member

I read somewhere...and excuse me for not having the link...that Gamble is scheduled to come in this weekend?

I've got a feeling the Woody knows that he wants Gamble, couldn't get him here to this weekend, and put off the presser until Tuesday with hopes of having Gamble wrapped up by then.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Boomer and Carton said that Woody paid the firm $200k for lead the search for GM.

So between them and Polian helping I hope we can land Gamble.

We all know Woody has shortcomings and is not a "football guy" but I think having these advisors gives us the best shot at landing a good GM. I just hope Rex does not factor into their decision.
    May be the reason Rex is out of the country and Woody has basically put the "cone of silence" on the Jets this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I'm convinced that Gamble's our guy. Woody needs to do whatever it takes to make this happen, including giving Gamble the authority to fire Rex and bring in his own coach.
    Gamble is the guy I want. Just love everything about the philosophy around there. Drafting oline high. Smart contracts. Developing a qb. So many smart decisions wether or not the public agreed with them.

I hope his first decision is firing Rex.

There are other opportunities. Why would Gamble want the Jets? It is not enough that the Jets want him. Two way street.
    The Jets are a totally dysfunctional organization. Why join a down team?
    He is used to quality. Why go down.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Wow, I remember reading from our esteemed "news" rags in the area that Polian flatly denied the Jets and that was the end of the story. What a stunner.
    Another example of the media in this town piling on, with inaccurate information.

Yet they'll be no ramification.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    There are other opportunities. Why would Gamble want the Jets? It is not enough that the Jets want him. Two way street.
    The Jets are a totally dysfunctional organization. Why join a down team?
    He is used to quality. Why go down.
    if he wants a gm job, it's going to be with a team that is not good, and likely, does not have a franchise qb. also, if he wants to elevate his profile and reputation, there's no better place then to fix this team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow, I remember reading from our esteemed "news" rags in the area that Polian flatly denied the Jets and that was the end of the story. What a stunner.
    Polian did not want the Jets job - that doesn't mean that he can't help advise us on the situation. Having a football mind to advise Woody (outside of Rex, thank God) is a huge help.

All Pro
    Last nite Doosh lagreca (giant fan who should be kicked off Jets coverage) and jody mc were screaming about this alleged diss

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    if he wants a gm job, it's going to be with a team that is not good, and likely, does not have a franchise qb. also, if he wants to elevate his profile and reputation, there's no better place then to fix this team.
    +1 You don't get a reputation by beating up girls.. You get it by beating the tough guys and fixing the bad teams..

Jets Insider VIP
    OK how about Gamble fires Rex and hires a Offensive minded Coach that doesn't have the Revis itch like Rex did.. Gamble trades Revis for what he can get and goes about the process of building a NFL Offense.. I would be cool with that..
    This is the dream scenario right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    OK how about Gamble fires Rex and hires a Offensive minded Coach that doesn't have the Revis itch like Rex did.. Gamble trades Revis for what he can get and goes about the process of building a NFL Offense.. I would be cool with that..
    You are a smart man.

+1 You don't get a reputation by beating up girls.. You get it by beating the tough guys and fixing the bad teams..
    it's got to be someone who can handle the ny market. got to be tough and have a plan.

Banned
    Yup. Why do you think people still talk about bringing in a guy like Parcells?

Because he made a living out of reviving teams that were in the gutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I don't understand why people want to trade the best defensive player in football. Have you guys forgotten how good Revis is?

All League
    Most of the GM candidates that have been rumored to interview with us
    are from scouting backgrounds. For those who scoff at why would Gamble
    take the job here are some facts:

- There are only 32 of these jobs in the world

- You are going to be given a 4-5 year contract worth between 8-12 million
    dollars

- After spending years travelling the back roads of the U.S. scouting
    colleges you are going to be able to create your own NFL team

Remember these candidates probably started out as "gofers" in football
    offices and worked their way up the organizational ladder. The above
    factors make any GM job attractive no matter what people & media
    think

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Yup. Why do you think people still talk about bringing in a guy like Parcells?

Because he made a living out of reviving teams that were in the gutter.
    Remember when Chrebet had a ankle injury and he went to Parcells to say he could play?? The Tuna kicked him in the ankle..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Jets finally have an identity, and you want to just blow it all up for an offensive system

Riddle me this Zippy, who's the QB

Think....all you do is cry like a wench

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't understand why people want to trade the best defensive player in football. Have you guys forgotten how good Revis is?
    Nobody wants to trade him because of his play on the field. We are smart enough to see that he does not fit on a rebuilding team, he is a pain in the ass with contracts and holdouts and his demands too much money when we already have a pro bowl qb under contract.

We are rebuilding, if we can get two second rounders for him, we do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Riddle me this Zippy, who's the QB
    Its Tom Gamble's job to find one.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Its Tom Gamble's job to find one.
    He nor Tanny nor anyone can't just sh1t one out

I have no problem winning ugly football...we did fine like that 2 years ago

Keep the defense strong, and find a decent QB until we can develop one