Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who deserves a new contract more? Landry or Revis?

Who deserves a new contract more? Landry or Revis?

To take a break from all the speculation threads, I thought it would be cool to have a hypothetical discussion.

Hypothetically if the Jets could only manage to keep one, who would you want?

Extend Landry and trade Revis ?
    -or -
    Extend Revis and just cut ties with Landry ?

Idk how to do a poll so just talk about it I guess lol.

I say we should extend Landry and trade Revis for picks in this draft. I love Revis to death, but the dude takes up too much cap space and wants too much money for a DB.

What do you guys think?

Revis needs to be traded for a couple of high picks.

1st and 3rd gets it done, imo. Or a 1st this year, and a 2nd rounder in 2014.

Jets Insider VIP
    Our luck we'll re-sign Landry and he'll get hurt.

I don't think Landry will be as hot a commodity as we think..

I feel there will be reluctance to give him a long term contract..

So he may be able to come back..

I am all about trading Revis.. Purely on his attitude... And especially if we are considering next year to be rebuilding..

Hall Of Fame
    Darelle Revis is an animal. We would have been a 13 or 14 win team with a healthy Darelle Revis. Sanchez would have thrown fewer picks if only Darelle was playing on the other side of the ball. Revis makes everyone around him better. Whatever he wants is not enough so we should just make him the highest paid player in the game and give him the option to reopen negotiations at any point during the deal especially if he gets to feelin' disrespected.

The future hall of famer and best player in the franchises history.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Revis needs to be traded for a couple of high picks.

1st and 3rd gets it done, imo. Or a 1st this year, and a 2nd rounder in 2014.
    I'd prefer a 2nd this season and 1st in 2014. Ideally from a potentially bad team that will net a top 10 pick.

Revis deserves a new contract, just not for top QB money.

LaRon has, by all means, earned a new contract this year. He may not get one from us, but someone is gonna sign that beast.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I'd prefer a 2nd this season and 1st in 2014. Ideally from a potentially bad team that will net a top 10 pick.
    Absolutely agree.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Darelle Revis is an animal. We would have been a 13 or 14 win team with a healthy Darelle Revis. Sanchez would have thrown fewer picks if only Darelle was playing on the other side of the ball. Revis makes everyone around him better. Whatever he wants is not enough so we should just make him the highest paid player in the game and give him the option to reopen negotiations at any point during the deal especially if he gets to feelin' disrespected.
    You have to put in smileys when your being sarcastic otherwise some will think your being serious..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You have to put in smileys when your being sarcastic otherwise some will think your being serious..
    I thought he was serious until the last sentence

All League
    this is a joke right.....yeah nevermind it has to be.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    this is a joke right.....yeah nevermind it has to be.
    God, I hope Sanchez stays.

Hall Of Fame
    Yes a joke but I was seriously channeling almost word for word what some of the "pay him whatever he wants" idiots around here have been selling for the last few years. That there is literally no number at which he becomes too expensive.

Did I happen to mention what idiots those people are?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

+1

Revis would've caught most of Sanchez's int's and would've returned them for TDs... JET TDs. We should let him name his price and then we should double it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yes a joke but I was seriously channeling almost word for word what some of the "pay him whatever he wants" idiots around here have been selling for the last few years. That there is literally no number at which he becomes too expensive.

Did I happen to mention what idiots those people are?
    Most of them are self evident..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    +1

Revis would've caught most of Sanchez's int's and would've returned them for TDs... JET TDs. We should let him name his price and then we should double it.

Landry is a poor investment long term. Both of those Achilles' are going to pop at some point and he's going to get a 3-5 year offer from some team and cripple their cap when one or both of those Achilles' go out.

Revis OR Cromartie need to go. It's ludicrous to have that much money tied up at corner.

Before somebody tells me how vital it is to Rex's system to have good corners, I'd like to let you know that I realize and it's why I think Rex needs to go. On top of playing 1970s offensive football with Scrub McVomit playing QB.

I much rather keep Revis, hes a much better player.

Our pass rush is so close to being legit, with Coples and Wilkerson emerging all we need is a legit edge rusher. If we can sign Connor Barwin in FA, that would be great. Pick 9 may go to a pass rusher, since that is what looks to be the best position at that pick.