Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 Years ago (tomororow) 01/04/03

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    The Raiders exposed his arm strength issues in that game.
    And that was before the shoulder injury..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And that was before the shoulder injury..
    Its a myth that the shoulder injury caused the arm strength problem. It was always there. The injury did make it worse though.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember this like it was today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPN2U0_HtWM

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remind me, what happened the next week? That's right, Pennington was exposed as a complete fraud. Injuries had nothing to do with his demise.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, 10 years ago tonight Maurice Clarett played the last meaningful game of his life.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    lolz..

instead of enjoying a 41-0 playoff win, this thread is a bunch of us *****ing about Pennington and his arm.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was kismet

the Chinese lunar year of the noodle

or was it the lunar year of the Chinese noodle?

oh I enjoyed that win against a raw Manning

i recorded it to dvd and still have it

but ultimately it was a privilege to see him go

dink and dunka schoene
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-03-2013 at 07:33 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What could've been
    Exactly, his play-action fake was exquisite probably the best in the league at the time. Smart as hell and accurate to boot before the damned injuries.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go back and watch that game. I did, a few years ago. (I taped the game.) I was surprised at how weak his throws were, even in a dominating game, and pre-injury. He never had an NFL arm.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That field though...

That 03 Meadowlands field was the worst field in the history of football.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is just that Pennington could not stay healthy all the way. What could of or should had been indeed!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I loved Pennington, what could have been without the injuries.

We have something in common. His arm didn't have to be like a rocket. The WRs said he threw an extremely catchable ball. He had no outstanding physical attributes but brought a passion to the NY Jets.

I'll never forget that game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I bypassed going to this game to see a few Phish shows in Hampton VA that weekend (although I did catch the game at the lovely local Hooters establishment)

If I would've known at the time that it would be the last Jets home playoff game for at least 10 years, I might've reconsidered my plans.
    Ha. I remember that. My son left the Phish shows early and drove straight to the game. My it was a cold Sat night tailgating in the lots but never felt cold once inside the stadium. Remember the field being atrocious that night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shuler82;4757650]lolz..

+1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was there. Section 334.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Exactly, his play-action fake was exquisite probably the best in the league at the time. Smart as hell and accurate to boot before the damned injuries.
    Still to this day think he had the best play action fake ive seem since. Just a beautiful move. So smart with the ball and a natural leader. He was the type of player you love more and more the further you get away from when he played. At the time I didn't quite realize how good he was. Same with Mangini. I felt frustrated by him while he was with us but realize know he built most of our core team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    if only hed played for a dome team. lights out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That Colt playoff game was was crazy. At most games, there are casual JETS fans and your non-JETS fans that buy tickets just to see NFL football.

Because of the miracle that happened up in Foxboro the week before, fans weren't expecting a JETS home playoff game.

So, there were tons of tickets that went on sale on Monday morning ( or one morning that week). My buddy and I went to the Ticket Master at GFox in Trumbull Ct and it was an absolute zoo. ALL JETS FANS scrambling to get tix. It was crazy and you would only do it if you were a die-hard JETS fan.

So, on game day, you had ALL JETS fans. It was nuts. I remember the hair standing up on the back of my neck as we walked in late and saw Richie Anderson rumbling down the sideline for a long TD.

After making Manning look like sh*t, I remember saying to my buddy, "I'm so glad Manning didn't come out early because we would have missed out on Pennington"

LOL, how things have evolved since then.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    that was such a great game

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    That Colt playoff game was was crazy. At most games, there are casual JETS fans and your non-JETS fans that buy tickets just to see NFL football.

Because of the miracle that happened up in Foxboro the week before, fans weren't expecting a JETS home playoff game.

So, there were tons of tickets that went on sale on Monday morning ( or one morning that week). My buddy and I went to the Ticket Master at GFox in Trumbull Ct and it was an absolute zoo. ALL JETS FANS scrambling to get tix. It was crazy and you would only do it if you were a die-hard JETS fan.

So, on game day, you had ALL JETS fans. It was nuts. I remember the hair standing up on the back of my neck as we walked in late and saw Richie Anderson rumbling down the sideline for a long TD.

After making Manning look like sh*t, I remember saying to my buddy, "I'm so glad Manning didn't come out early because we would have missed out on Pennington"

LOL, how things have evolved since then.
    I went with my brother the the ticketmaster outlet across from the Quakerbridge Mall and got on line with over 100 other people doing the same thing. The lottery system was set up so that everyone got a number and then the person whose number was pulled became the first in line. We got screwed based on the drawing, and wound up at the back of the line. Luckily, I asked a guy around the front of the line to buy 4 tickets for me and I gave him the cash so we got tickets. I sat in the seats one row behind Fireman Ed (may he rest in peace) for $80 a ticket for a playoff game! Man, how times have changed in only 10 years.