Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm excited about the core and the near future

I'm excited about the core and the near future

This team already has one very good, on the verge of being great, unit.
    Coples and Wilk's progression has been exactly what the DL needed.
    Landry needs to be resigned and it'd be smart to bring back Bell as well.
    The team is a couple linebackers away from potentially being the D that Rex promises every year. Round 1 will likely get us one of those 'backers.

This year the team would have been at worst 9-7 but probably 10-6 with average QB play. Even better with somewhat above average play.
    I wouldn't say Sparano is good at his job, I would like him replaced, but he is taking more heat than deserved. #6 deserves 90% of the blame, he is just that bad. Get a guy like Alex Smith along with a QB in round 2 or 3 and let's see what happens.

Resign Bray and I don't even see the need to spend much money or any kind of high draft pick looking for a WR. Holmes/Hill/Kerley/Braylon is really good unit and they pretty much cover all the bases that you're looking for out of a WR unit. Obviously, Hill needs to improve. Keller I could go either way on, it may actually be best to bring him back one way or the other, though he doesn't deserve it.

The RBs and OL need to be beefed up. Be smart with the other picks in the first 4 rounds and address these needs.

I don't think we are far off at all if we could only get average QB play. Anything better than that and we are elite. When you have a defense with the talent that this unit has, you don't go into a season with anything less than SB expectations.

How many elite players does Rex need to keep his genius tag? It's nonsense, we should be able to field 3 lunch pail LB's to replace Scott, Pace, and Thomas and still be top 10. Demario, McIntyre and a cheap FA are more than sufficient.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    How many elite players does Rex need to keep his genius tag? It's nonsense, we should be able to field 3 lunch pail LB's to replace Scott, Pace, and Thomas and still be top 10. Demario, McIntyre and a cheap FA are more than sufficient.
    But the Jets need one serious playmaker in that unit. Not every LB has to be a Pro Bowler but we could really use one stud OLB that gets consistent pressure or commands a double-team.

I would like to use our first pick on an offensive lineman. 2nd or 3rd pick Aaron Murray.

Jets Insider VIP
    Minus the injuries we should have a better team next year. I agree with most of your post but I'd like a big Guard like Chance Warmack from Alabama. We need a road grader to get the running game going. The OL needs at least one high pick. Round 2 for the LB or RT.

We may need a safety as Landry may want out.

100% ....

When the New Gm sees the Tape for the Season... He's going to Draft all Offense...

Line needs a Overhaul .... Skill Positions at Te and Rb need a infusion of Talent and of course Qb ....

I think where we sit at #9 it's got to be one of the LBs or an OL. I do agree we don't need big dollar free agents to replace those guys. Those 3 all need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    The team is a couple linebackers away from potentially being the D that Rex promises every year. Round 1 will likely get us one of those 'backers.

This year the team would have been at worst 9-7 but probably 10-6 with average QB play. Even better with somewhat above average play.
    I wouldn't say Sparano is good at his job, I would like him replaced, but he is taking more heat than deserved. #6 deserves 90% of the blame, he is just that bad. Get a guy like Alex Smith along with a QB in round 2 or 3 and let's see what happens.

Resign Bray and I don't even see the need to spend much money or any kind of high draft pick looking for a WR. Holmes/Hill/Kerley/Braylon is really good unit and they pretty much cover all the bases that you're looking for out of a WR unit. Obviously, Hill needs to improve. Keller I could go either way on, it may actually be best to bring him back one way or the other, though he doesn't deserve it.

The RBs and OL need to be beefed up. Be smart with the other picks in the first 4 rounds and address these needs.

I don't think we are far off at all if we could only get average QB play.
    Anything better than that and we are elite. When you have a defense with the talent that this unit has, you don't go into a season with anything less than SB expectations.
    I love this concept. How about you give Belichick Revis and Cromartie? How would he do with average secondary play?

Rookie

I don't think we are far off at all if we could only get average QB play. Anything better than that and we are elite. When you have a defense with the talent that this unit has, you don't go into a season with anything less than SB expectations.
    Good post. There has been way to much doom and gloom on these boards recently. I agree 100% with almost everything you say. I'd rather move back in the 1st for a TE and use the 2nd that we'd get for a QB, Murray being my choice. None the less, if we go the vet QB route then a stud OLB at #9 and our D would be awesome going forward. Either way it's a win win and we're good to go in 2013.

Exactly Rex needs to earn his Genius tag. Let's see him field a top 10 defense without taking the vast majority high draft picks and salary cap.

Top 10 defense and top 10 offense will make for a very good team. But the O needs a lot more help...

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Exactly Rex needs to earn his Genius tag. Let's see him field a top 10 defense without taking the vast majority high draft picks and salary cap.

Top 10 defense and top 10 offense will make for a very good team. But the O needs a lot more help...
    When is the last time Rex had someone not named Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Revis or Cromartie?

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    When is the last time Rex had someone not named Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Revis or Cromartie?
    Am I sensing a Phil Jackson comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Am I sensing a Phil Jackson comparison?
    I only play that card when people ask how how good of a coach Belichick is without Brady. How great is Rex's defense without a handful of HoF players? Unless we are in the business we have no idea what the relative contributions are between coaches and their players who are incredibly talented.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by N Y J View Post
    I would like to use our first pick on an offensive lineman. 2nd or 3rd pick Aaron Murray.
    I like Murray, but his stock has risen since the Bowl Game and he may not be available after round 1. I am NOT in favor of drafting an ofeensive lineman in round 1.

Round One: OLB PLAYMAKER!!! Thats all we need to be All World on D

Round Two: RB We need a homerun hitter. Im sure there is one to be found where we pick in round two.

Round Three: OLB Chose the best available unless you have an Offensive Lineman graded ALOT higher.

Round Four: OG We need guard help bad.

From there we need safety help and a blocking tight end. We can round out the roster with the remaining picks and UDFA.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I only play that card when people ask how how good of a coach Belichick is without Brady. How great is Rex's defense without a handful of HoF players? Unless we are in the business we have no idea what the relative contributions are between coaches and their players who are incredibly talented.
    At the same time, what coach can you possibly not ask that about? It's a fallacy of an argument, one that will end up in an infinite loop of causality dilemmas.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by aztec321 View Post

Round Two: RB We need a homerun hitter. Im sure there is one to be found where we pick in round two.

Round Three: OLB Chose the best available unless you have an Offensive Lineman graded ALOT higher.

From there we need safety help and a blocking tight end. We can round out the roster with the remaining picks and UDFA.
    There are some that think we should be going offense for the first 3 picks.
    I'm just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by aztec321 View Post

got to find a place to address the team's biggest need, no? I'm with you on LB in round 1 and I'd love Eddie Lacy if he is there in round 2. But a QB got to be in the mix in first 3 rounds.

Jets Insider VIP
    First good thread in weeks :yes;

Sent from a phone using an app

If by "a couple" you mean 4 or 5 I totally agree. This team has neglected the LB spot for a decade.