Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm excited about the core and the near future

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Do we have a game next week or is the draft in Jan??
    Point being, the organization as is currently stands is a complete mess.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aztec321 View Post
    Round One: OLB PLAYMAKER!!! Thats all we need to be All World on D

Round Two: RB We need a homerun hitter. Im sure there is one to be found where we pick in round two.

Round Three: OLB Chose the best available unless you have an Offensive Lineman graded ALOT higher.

Round Four: OG We need guard help bad.

From there we need safety help and a blocking tight end. We can round out the roster with the remaining picks and UDFA.
    Wouldn't argue with that at all. Mingo or Moore in the first would be great.

Also need to get rid of Sparano. Bring in Norv. I think the OP is too kind to Sparano, though Sanchez was ****ty as well. The 2 qb system was a failure from the start, yet there were no adjustments - same old same old. Sanchez is best throwing on the run, play action, screens etc but the playcalling was atrocious and predictable. Never want to see that again. Sparano was almost as bad as Shoddy, he can take his fist pump for field goals elsewhere

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmm you are certainly entitled to your opinion but if this all that you see wrong with how the Jest have been run then you and I are watching two totally different teams and I have been watching the Jets now for over 43 years and this has to be one of the worst years I have ever experienced as a Jets fan.

Indeed plenty of the posters out here, not just me, on JI called out and said the Jets were headed in the wrong direction LAST SUMMER!! There were actually Posts out here that said it was Sanchez's fault as to why we had Mason or Plex on the team last year....... total INSANITY!!

Did Sanchez say get rid of his favorite WR in Edwards??? Think on it.. the Jets claimed they had a secret plan!!; "they were going in another direction etc." We literally had over 30 threads out here saying why didnt we bring Edwards back.

Posters out here made up stuff in a vain attempt to defend the Jet FO, such as "Edwards was unsignable, he wanted to much $$$$, he was a locker room cancer.. etc..." None of it was true!!

Then to add insult to injury and to show how foolish we are we bring Edwards back this year and he INSTANTLY became one of our best offensive players on the field!! But he couldnt have helped us last year....It is a disgrace...

Oh and bringing in Tebow was a "football move" when Rex wouldn't put him on the field!!!!

I for one was totally against the idea of bringing Tebow in because he was a unneeded DISTRACTION for a struggling starting QB and he wasn't an upgrade as say Stanton was, but the Jets and Rex couldnt see this!!!

But the truth is Tebow should sue the Jets for false misrepresentation. The Jets have managed to destroy two QB's reputations in one season.... Amazing and another disgrace....

Hmmmmm oh and you mean Rex and the previous OL coaches weren't selling us on how GOOD HUNTER was?

As CMART has meticulously pointed out in thread after thread where is the development of the players on the Jets? It is a joke!!

And that has nothing to do with Sanchez!!! Sanchez has played poorly, I think that they, the Jets may have RUINED him for good so we may have to get rid of him no matter what for NOTHING or next to NOTHING..... Another DISGRACE!!!

And let me clear, I said repeatedly THREE YEARS AGO that the Jets were NOT grooming Sanchez properly. Three years ago...

But I wasn't and am not alone on saying that indeed Steve Young, Kurt Warner, Phil Simms and every other PROMINENT NFL sports observer said the same thing. NO ONE, NO ONE except posters out here have said we developed Sanchez properly.. Another DISGRACE!!!

So this Jets INSANITY wasn't unforseen or an act of God and now people out here once again are saying the Jets are just a player away......

You can't make it up.....
    This is the point. The team was badly mismanaged yet I and others posting in this thread still think that if we land an average QB and a few skill players in the upcomming FA/draft that we're back in contention for a playoff spot. This is as opposed to many on these boards who are calling for a multi year rebuild.

Also (and in no particular order):

*The Tebow circus is on Woody so let's not go there.

*Sparano and his secret plan circus is on the Tuna-Tanny-Sparano link.

*Without the 2011 8-5 meltdown we're in the playoffs 3 yrs back to back.

*Sanchez has THE WORSE cumulative stats of all QBs with a significant number of starts over the last 4 yrs combined. He never was! Grooming has little to do with it. The kid stinks.

*Rex on Hunter was just coachspeak. Coaches do that all the time.

p.s.: I'm with you on Edwards; I wanted him instead of Holmes too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    It's going to take years of quality drafts and management of the cap to get this team to the point where it could contend for the Superbowl. We're in pretty bad shape IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    It's going to take years of quality drafts and management of the cap to get this team to the point where it could contend for the Superbowl. We're in pretty bad shape IMO.
    How did Indy go from last to contender in a year. How do the Lions get so close in every game but are at the bottom at the end.

Sometimes small changes have a huge affect.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex has had elite defensive talent in NY?

Outside of Revis and MAYBE Cromartie I'm not sure who on this defense in elite. The front 7 consists of late round or undrafted players, two failed DEs turned OLBs, and two cement legged ILBs. This is the first year you can say Rex has had a real NFL safety in his defense in NY. While I too find it annoying that the Jets have drafted defense in the first round for 3 straight years, we were also picking in the latter half of the draft those years and picking the guys that were sliding down the draft boards and were considered BPA.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's impossible to be optimistic till we know who the GM is, the Coach is, the O and D-Co's are, and the players we lose and aquire.

Far too early for anything but patience.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe not optimistic but it is exciting that we're going to have a lot of changes and there's a lot to anticipate with the draft etc.

It can die pretty quickly though if we start making dumb personnel decisions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chance Warmack and Monte Ball.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    How did Indy go from last to contender in a year. How do the Lions get so close in every game but are at the bottom at the end.

Sometimes small changes have a huge affect.
    If you think Indy went through small changes you need to look again.

They had a pretty heavy roster turnover, new coach, new GM and brought in a once in a decade prospect at QB who had a possible (but probably not likely) Hall of Fame receiver to work with.

I don't think the Jets are doomed to years of suffering, but I do think that if they try to fix things through paper cuts they are in for more mediocrity.

I truly believe that the Jets should write off next year, send Ryan packing and bring in a new coach once they've cleared out some of the major cap dedicated to some players who aren't worth it (Holmes, Sanchez et al)

If, like the Colts, the Jets were willing to eat it for a year I think they could turn it around much quicker.

A few band-aids won't cut it for your team. Get out of those terrible Tannenbaum contracts ASAP, roster and coaching turnover and then they'll be ready to compete while guys like Revis, Mangold and Wilkerson still have years left in the league.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    hahaha elite players? Revis was elite, thats it.. Laudry is close, but early in season when he wasnt lighting guys up he was getting burt or missing some tackles, because he was trying to light a guy up instead of wrapping him up. but he improved a lot..

Cromartie was never very good until Revis went down. We all knew he had the athletic ability, thurman use to say that all the time.. but he never studied or tried to improve, and would get burnt constantly or was king of D interferance calls.. He didnt like being the number 2 on the Jets so he didnt bother working hard. He said so himself. Im not ready to give him praise until he can atleast do that for a complete season, lets see if he keeps up the work ethic when Revis returns. Will his ego get in his way of play again when Revis goes back to cover the #1 reciever?
    Cromartie has been a good CB his entire career.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Exactly Rex needs to earn his Genius tag. Let's see him field a top 10 defense without taking the vast majority high draft picks and salary cap.

Top 10 defense and top 10 offense will make for a very good team. But the O needs a lot more help...
    So, who are the elite playmakers coming out this year that are worthy of a top 10 pick? There are no Adrian Petersons, Trent Richardsons, Julio Jones, AJ Greens this year. And you don't take an OG or RT in the top 10.

The first rounder should be used on an OLB. The second and third rounders can be used on offense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Francesa said that if you build the defense around Wilkerson, Cromartie, Revis, and Landry, you might have the best Jets defense of all time. I agree.

The question is the offense. The OL can be solidified this offseason. If you can put a pretty good QB (Matt Flynn?) behind that OL, with the above mentioned defense, things don't sound that bad.

Btw, if you want to see bad shape. Go look at the team that Herm left Mangini. It was devoid of talent. This team has talent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2013 7-9 at best
    Thereafter, the OL is aging. And the QB will be?
    And, of course, they will remain injury free.
    The development of a good team is a consistent effort of good player acquisition and development year after year with a long term strategy.
    The Jets do not have a long term strategy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Am I sensing a Phil Jackson comparison?
    no phil jackson won.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Rex has had elite defensive talent in NY?

Outside of Revis and MAYBE Cromartie I'm not sure who on this defense in elite. The front 7 consists of late round or undrafted players, two failed DEs turned OLBs, and two cement legged ILBs. This is the first year you can say Rex has had a real NFL safety in his defense in NY. While I too find it annoying that the Jets have drafted defense in the first round for 3 straight years, we were also picking in the latter half of the draft those years and picking the guys that were sliding down the draft boards and were considered BPA.
    Well he has first rounders in Wilkerson, Coples, Thomas, Wilson, Revis and David Harris was a very high 2nd rounder. He has high priced free agent acquisitions in Pace, Scott, Landry. we traded a 2nd and took on a significant salary in Cromartie.

So if you mean Rex was forced to play with Pouha and Bell well you are right.

I think the argument can be made that half the defensive coordinators in the league could have a top ten defense with all the resources the Jets have invested on the defensive side.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you go into next season having SB expectations, you're going to be pretty disappointed. Are Peyton Manning and Tom Brady retiring in the offseason?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aztec321 View Post
    Round One: OLB PLAYMAKER!!! Thats all we need to be All World on D

Round Two: RB We need a homerun hitter. Im sure there is one to be found where we pick in round two.

Round Three: OLB Chose the best available unless you have an Offensive Lineman graded ALOT higher.

Round Four: OG We need guard help bad.

From there we need safety help and a blocking tight end. We can round out the roster with the remaining picks and UDFA.
    I hear you and that's reasonable but if I am the GM and we are rebuilding BPA or trade down.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex's defense is last in the league on 3rd and long, he scheem is out dated and can't produce in this age.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have dug themselves a hole, and their solution is to keep digging.