Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Jets interim football OPS being run by astnt GM Scott Cohen, frmr GM Terry Bradway

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets interim football OPS being run by astnt GM Scott Cohen, frmr GM Terry Bradway

Jets interim football operations being run by assistant GM Scott Cohen, former GM Terry Bradway

As the Jets various roster moves have come out -- the signing of reserve/future contracts, basically -- a few of you have asked a great question: Who, exactly, is making these moves while the team searches for a new general manager?

This may seem obvious, but since I heard from a few of you on Twitter, figured we'd hash it out here: Former GM and current senior personnel executive Terry Bradway and assistant GM Scott Cohen.

Woody Johnson and his executive search firm Korn/Ferry will begin GM interviews on Friday, but in the meantime, Cohen and Bradway have maintained control of football operations.

Bradway was the team's general manager from 2001-06 and Cohen joined the team as assistant GM in 2008 after eight seasons as the Eagles director of pro personnel.

The Pro Football Writers Association rescinded their formal complaint to the NFL regarding the Jets not making Rex Ryan available to the media within a week of the season ending, a violation of the NFL media policy.

The Jets will have Ryan speak on Tuesday, nine days after the end of the year.

"The PFWA is satisfied that the New York Jets are following the spirit of the rules in making their executives available on Tuesday, the statement from the PFWA read in part.

Conor Orr: corr@starledger.com; twitter.com/ConorTOrr

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201..._operatio.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    CMart, do you know who's in charge of personnel and contracts right now? Asst. GM?
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    That'd be my guess-Cohen and/or Bradway for these type of moves. Ari Nissim has been the contract / cap guy for the past 5-6 yrs.
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...252647&page=10

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is more official.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    Jets interim football operations being run by assistant GM Scott Cohen, former GM Terry Bradway

Please new GM, whoever you are, get Terry Bradway out of our lives for good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    I asked if Bradway keeps his job a couple of days ago. IMO Bradway was more than just a scout with Mike leaning on him due to his inexperience in scouting.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Probably Cohen is the new GM and Bradways his assistant GM. my concerns will remain until the new GM is hired if he is hired. I just don't trust this organization to do the right thing anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing earth-shattering here. Both of them have experience.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody's got to do the job until we find the new guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Yes they do. But I feel better that only 5 hours after I questioned who fired our Stenth & Cond. Coach this thread was started with the answer makes me think Woody does care what we think.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have had 4 losing seasons and a .500 season since 2001, when Bradway came aboard. He also had 9 years with the Chiefs (they went to 5 playoffs with 7 winning seasons) and was a scout with the Giants when they won 2 SBs. I think he's a good, steady evaluator, and I think Cohen has a good track record with the Eagles and Jags. I wonder how much say/input they had in assembling the current roster? you know, the roster lacking necessary talent in key spots.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Exactly. Plus some of these guys in the scouting department are still under contract anyway.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally want bradway to stay on in a scouting capacity.

He is not responsible for hiring sparano.

He is not responsible for playing bart scott and eric smith.

He is not responsible for giving sanchez a contract extension or allowing revis to be completely unrestricted this year.

By all accounts, our selected players, outside of Vlad have all been average NFL players (mcknight, greene and wilson), NFL "starters" (keller and slauson), have good upside (Hill, demario and ellis), or have played great early in their careers (coples and wilkerson).

Bradway is not the problem here

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I personally want bradway to stay on in a scouting capacity.

He is not responsible for hiring sparano.

He is not responsible for playing bart scott and eric smith.

He is not responsible for giving sanchez a contract extension or allowing revis to be completely unrestricted this year.

By all accounts, our selected players, outside of Vlad have all been average NFL players (mcknight, greene and wilson), NFL "starters" (keller and slauson), have good upside (Hill, demario and ellis), or have played great early in their careers (coples and wilkerson).

Bradway is not the problem here
    If they listened to Bradway, they'd have Russell Wilson instead of Tim Tebow.