Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Traveling to Scotland

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I got this email chain as Bonhomme's thread went up. I guess I can post it now.

I'll show myself out.
    Ron..... Burgundy? Didn't know you knew him....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'm not.

I love our Mods, each and every one, but I'm beginning to think J.I. seriously needs a Troll Crusher Mod again. The strip is all but unreadable nowadays cause of the mass-trollage.
    I vote for not Ruby.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'm not.

I love our Mods, each and every one, but I'm beginning to think J.I. seriously needs a Troll Crusher Mod again. The strip is all but unreadable nowadays cause of the mass-trollage.
    I thought the strip was unreadable because of the opiniated Jet fans posting there that hate eachother?

Besides, if modding is so easy why dont you...oh.

Nevermind.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Nevermind.

-
    I'd love to. I'm all for it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, I want to do this trip.

-
    The more the merrier my friend

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Ahhh, the Last King of Scotland.
    Uganda dude

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    wow seems like its a $1000+ ticket right now on kayak.com

richard you might want to consider doing a side trip on the cheap. easyjet.com and ryanair.com are the two lowest cost airlines serving europe with CRAZY prices at times. For example, you can leave edinborough and be in amsterdam on easyjet in less than an hour for as little as $150 r/t. once in amsterdam, its a simple $10 round trip from the airport to the city center by train. once in AMS you can walk around and get a very nice little room for 50-70 bucks a night. so for just the airfare of maybe 150-200 bucks, you can visit amsterdam for a night or two. Its worth it. WORTH IT! also, you can take ryanair from edinborough to paris for $60 euros r/t. Thats crazy. If you spend hours at those sites you can find all sorts of crazy deals going to all sorts of european cities.

I once took a side trip from london to amsterdam. the r/t was 2, yes 2 euros on sale at ryanair. I just paid taxes i think it was 35 bucks american total so why not
    You have to be careful with some of those cheap flight deals as the airport can be nowhere near the city you want to go to.So a trip to Milan can actually be a trip to Bergamo or somewhere similar anywhere up to 100 miles away.you were lucky with Amsterdam which is a great city by the way but they're about to ban foreigners from smoking pot so that just leaves the red light district which I'm guessing BH's fiancée might not be overly thrilled with.If I had to recommend 1 city to take a break to other than Edinburgh it'd be Rome....but that's another trip for another year.
    But anyway even though I'm biased he's chosen a great holiday and will have a great time and from what I can tell his reasoning for going is damn sound.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    BTW, I think Edinburgh has a city "buried" under the city. You should see if you can get to tour it. Chicks may not dig it, but I think that'd be pretty cool.
    Good shout Big L the hidden city is apparently superb.not done it myself but those I know that have said it was fascinating.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Good shout Big L the hidden city is apparently superb.not done it myself but those I know that have said it was fascinating.
    What? Turn in your kilt immediately.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I vote for not Ruby.

I thought the strip was unreadable because of the opiniated Jet fans posting there that hate eachother?

Nevermind.

-
    The trolls are just a small problem. Has TX been permabanned again? I don't see his trolling rods in the water.

The bigger problems is constant Jordy/Ray Ray backbiting, and SARs endless attention-whoring agenda.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to be careful with some of those cheap flight deals as the airport can be nowhere near the city you want to go to.So a trip to Milan can actually be a trip to Bergamo or somewhere similar anywhere up to 100 miles away.you were lucky with Amsterdam which is a great city by the way but they're about to ban foreigners from smoking pot so that just leaves the red light district which I'm guessing BH's fiancée might not be overly thrilled with.If I had to recommend 1 city to take a break to other than Edinburgh it'd be Rome....but that's another trip for another year.
    But anyway even though I'm biased he's chosen a great holiday and will have a great time and from what I can tell his reasoning for going is damn sound.
    Absolutely. I know exactly what u mean but Amsterdam via easy jet is the main airport. Ryanair is the one that uses a lot of the smaller airports, not so much easy jet but either way its a great deal and a great idea but Richard blasted me for trying to help him on what might be the one time he ever crosses the pond.

Rome is a great idea aswell

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uganda dude
    looks like smilie fail to me. Sorry, Red.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe anyone could think I was trolling for offering travel advice. It's one of my passions.

Find a girlfriend or at least a guy who puts make up on and talks in a high voice. You'll find the Internet less important in your life

Bye

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe anyone could think I was trolling for offering travel advice. It's one of my passions.

Find a girlfriend or at least a guy who puts make up on and talks in a high voice. You'll find the Internet less important in your life

Bye
    I couldn't see having a relationship with Dirtstar given his obsession with me. Plus I like women with real vaginas.

But by all means, you have my blessing. Being gay isn't as frightening a prospect as it used to be for guys like you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    well have a good time but for the life of me i dont understand your logic on why you picked scotland of all places.

I've been to scotland and Edinburgh - enjoyed them. but this was my first thought too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

The trolls are just a small problem. Has TX been permabanned again? I don't see his trolling rods in the water.

I put him to bed for a while, wasnt a perma though. He usually bans himself for a while after his real ban is up.

You have a very severe, forceful, humorless way of "offering" advice.

Its more like questioning his judgement, then hammering him over the head with what you think he should do.

Perhaps your heart was in the right place, but your delivery could use some work.

You're like the Tony Clifton of travel advisors.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You're like the Tony Clifton of travel advisors.

-
    This is the biggest compliment you could have given me. Thanks.

I can't help it if I just know better than most others. It's tough

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What? Turn in your kilt immediately.
    Lol easy tiger,you might get more than ye bargained for

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I'm thinking of going to Scotland during the last week of March -- specifically Edinburgh, but I'm open to other suggestions and would like to see some of the Lochs/Highlands
    I've been to the UK in March. If you are going to be driving in the country areas, make damn sure you are back to your hotel around 4 pm at the latest. Driving there takes getting used to, and I'm not talking about driving on the other side of the road or from the right side of the car,which isn't that hard. The roads are very narrow and curvy. Takes a few days to get used to it. You'll find yourself bailing in the ditch a bit as cars come at you, or sigh with relief as a car passes you and you didn't hear any contact. In March, it gets dark early and there always seems to be mist on the windshield. Makes the driving very difficult. I was there in March and I probably swore more during the first few days of driving there than ever before.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the biggest compliment you could have given me. Thanks.

I can't help it if I just know better than most others. It's tough
    Maybe folks can take the long way back through Italy and France for some real food fashion scenery weather and women?

I dont get the fear part - Europe as we rebuilt it is part of the 1st world, English is pretty much spoken everywhere, cell phones, internet, credit cards and atms will work as well as they do here and as the passport reads you can always visit the local US embassy or consulate if there's a serious problem.

Well maybe just the embassy