Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Interviewing John Dorsey (Packers)

Jets Interviewing John Dorsey (Packers)

JasonLaCanfora: Packers exec John Dorsey interviewing with Jets this weekend and has strong shot to get GM job with Andy Reid in KC

Thoughts?

Jets Insider VIP
    I would honestly prefer him over Gamble.

The Packers have drafted lights out for a decade and place an obvious emphasis on offense.

Sign me up
    Last edited by Ruby2; 01-04-2013 at 12:19 AM.

All League
    Right up there with Gamble. I'd love the hire.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

What happened to Reed,, bringing in his own GM.,

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    What happened to Reed,, bringing in his own GM.,
    He's bringing in Heckert.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He's bringing in Heckert.
    That's what I thought I read, but this thread starts off saying the JETS interviewing Dorsey ,but he has a strong shot at GM with Reed?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Good shot to get GM job in KC? Reed? Confused....

I think it's spelt read

All League
    This is what might be holding up any announcement. I think Dorsey's name has come up very recently to be the new GM in KC.

So much so that there were some questions about who would have final say over the roster in KC, and if it wasn't Dorsey, then GB wouldn't have to let him go there because that would essentially be the same position he has in GB (only difference would be in title only).

Jets Insider VIP
    His area of expertise is scouting and Green Bay has a great OL.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    His area of expertise is scouting and Green Bay has a great OL.
    Specifically his area of expertise is college scouting and Bulaga has been quite good. Derek Sherrod had his leg snapped by Tamba Hali so I'd give him a pass him that pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    If we bring in Dorsey, I'll pretty much guarantee we go with Warmack in the 1st round.

Gamble, Dorsey, Caldwell

I'd be thrilled with any of those guys

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If we bring in Dorsey, I'll pretty much guarantee we go with Warmack in the 1st round.

Gamble, Dorsey, Caldwell

Me 2 I think we get one of theses guys to right this ship.

I don't understand where this sentiment that our line is the first thing that needs to improve comes from. IMO: Brick= Elite, Slauson=Not great, but slightly above average and if you lock him up for 3 years 6 mil or something he can be very useful and provide value for cheap. Mangold is a HOF center. Moore can still play. Howard is cheap and was just fine this year. I don't see OL as a place we need to improve immediately at all, especially when we have spots (QB, OLB, WR) where we have no talent at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Good shot to get GM job in KC? Reed? Confused....

I think it's spelt read
    Uhhhhh r e i d

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Uhhhhh r e i d
    Idk, I think it's "Reede".

The Dorsey File:

•Has served four tenures in Green Bay: first as a player (1984-89); second as a college scout (1991-1997) and director of college scouting (1997-98); third as director of college scouting (2000-2012); and fourth as the current director – football operations (2012-present).
    •Served on the NFL College Advisory Committee.
    •A linebacker during his playing days, was a fourth-round pick of the Packers in 1984, enjoying a five-year career in Green Bay.
    •A four-year starter at Connecticut (1980-83), was named Defensive Player of the Year in the Yankee Conference each of his final two collegiate seasons, also earning Division I-AA All-America recognition as a senior. Is a member of the school’s 100th Anniversary All-Time Football Team, selected in 1998.

John Dorsey, now in his 22nd year in NFL player personnel, was promoted to director — football operations in May 2012, his fourth tenure in Green Bay. He previously served 12 years as the Packers’ director of college scouting.

An effective player for the Packers during the 1980s, Dorsey oversees the college side of Green Bay’s scouting operations, and also is actively involved in the area of pro personnel.

Brought back to the team as director of college scouting on May 8, 2000, by then-Executive Vice President/General Manager Ron Wolf, the 52-year old Dorsey earlier had been a key component in Green Bay’s personnel operations for nine highly successful years. First hired as a college scout in May 1991 with a focus on linebackers, he was retained by Wolf the following year and, ultimately, was promoted to head up the Packers’ college scouting department on Feb. 27, 1997, succeeding John Math, who retired.

Hired as director of player personnel for the Seattle Seahawks on Jan. 26, 1999, as he followed former Packers coach Mike Holmgren to the West Coast, Dorsey resigned that position just over a year later, leaving shortly after the 2000 NFL Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Idk, I think it's "Reede".
    I see what you did ... Lol

The offensive players the Packers have found in college while Dorsey was the director of college scouting have obviously been golden. Some really impactful defensive players as well. Now the Jets just need to find their Aaron Rodgers and go from there. hells yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Gamble, Dorsey, Caldwell

Same here. I'm leaning towards Gamble, but Dorsey and Caldwell would be fine with me as well.

All League
    Dorsey would be a great choice. The Packers have great Offensive talent, and have an understanding of how an NFL offense should be constructed and coached. Something that the Jets desperately need.