Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: REVEALED: REX RYAN'S TATTOO OF WIFE WEARING MARK SANCHEZ JERSEY - AND NOTHING ELSE!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Really? We're talking about a media that for 4 hours thought that the Newtown shooter was Ryan Lanza when it was in fact his brother Adam.
    Plus they had his Dad dead and his Mom shot at the school..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    in related news photograhers caught up with tom coughlin who is vacationing in florida and he was photographed poolside with a similar tattoo of his wife wearing an eli jersey.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Plus they had his Dad dead and his Mom shot at the school..
    Exactly. And that was a serious news story. If they put that little care into that type of story...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I'm not sure I get the age thing.

If it's recent, it's a bad decision. If it's a few years old, it's a good one????
    well, if he's had it for a while, it's highly likely that the team would know about it. when he got his tribal tattoo, it was in part a message to the team, because it means "believe in yourself."

however, Mike DeVito was on the radio today and said he didn't know about Rex's wife/Sanchez tattoo and had never even heard of anyone mention it. this from a coach who appeared shirtless on "Hard Knocks" and who stripped in the middle of an NHL game to switch jerseys. if he's had it for a while (meaning this season at least), it's likely that the team would know about it. if they know about it and it hadn't made the news before today, then nobody on the team seems to care.

but, if the tattoo is so recent that nobody had seen it, then it means it's something that he got in the past week. if it's a real tattoo that he got this past week, then Rex wouldn't be at the beach exposing it to sunlight and water.

in conclusion:

1. it's a real tattoo, he's had it for a while, nobody cares.
    2. it's a real tattoo, and Rex doesn't care if it gets ruined and/or it gets infected.
    3. it's a fake tattoo.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? We're talking about a media that for 4 hours thought that the Newtown shooter was Ryan Lanza when it was in fact his brother Adam.
    Why would they go through the trouble of finding Rex, photographing him, and photoshopping a silly tattoo on him? That's absurd and really reaching.

It's more likely that Rex simply got a tattoo when he came to NY during the 09-10 span when we all thought Sanchez might be our guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    At this point, how is the Daily News different than the Enquirer or any other grocery store tabloid? I am done with the DN.
    The type of Media you are...is reflected in the message itself.

Marshall McLuhan...wrote many books on the subject. And they were saying...

"The Medium Is The Message"..."The Medium Is The Massage"

This guy knew what was going to come from the media with a vengeance, way back in the 1960s. He knew the medium was a weapon of persuasion and propaganda on many levels. From the subtle subliminal presentations, to the more aggressive and graphically obvious ones.

Of course there are more up to date books that deal with the media subject in this manner. By others as well as McLuhan. But I chose McLuhan here...cause he was prophetic from a vantage point, of an era where the mainstream media seemed less aggressive and intrusive. Less nasty-sleazy-seedy...with less inappropriately cruel overtones. He knew all these types of delivery systems were going to emerge to the forefront of mainstream media presentations.

Mainstream media isn't just informing you...so as to aid you in making good decisions in your life....or for your NYJ. Nor is it always presenting pure escapist entertainment, to help remove you from a world that makes us all weary at times. It often is telling you how to feel...think...and act. In subtle shades to overt tones.

You've been getting a good taste of the media flavor of choice...for our NYJ...by how they've been covering our Jets team...especially since late 2011 to right now. They want you to swallow and digest their cleverly packaged flavor...and react on the poison it just gave you.

For the older of you Jets fans...this is the kind sports journalism and media that your children are growing up in.

Media are privately owned businesses. Mega corporations. And it's their money that's talking to you. Their not catering to your love for the game of football...or your NYJ. They want to capture you and put you in a chicken coop. Force you to lay coins for their treasure chests. They'll give you a carefully concocted presentation that resembles your love for football...and your team. But it's all about money...and the milking of fans to get it.

"The Medium Is The Message"..."The Medium Is The Massage"...

Forget...for a moment, about how disappointed or angry you may feel about the past two years of our NYJ fortunes. And the individuals responsible for your negative feelings. Think more about how calculated and cruel the media has presented this. Guys like Mehta and Cimini...ESPN producers' NYJ guidlines on talking points...and so on. They've been saying to Woody and Rex..."ok...you've pissed us off...now where gonna manipulate your fan base with our persuasive delivery systems...and make them more angry and hateful towards you and the Jets, let that be a lesson to you both."

The media is confident they can pied pipe the fans reactions...with presentations like this...Rex and his tatoo. Cause..."the media is the message"..."the media is the message."

Once in a while...you've just got to kick them in the balls...and let them know you don't like what they're doing. Woody and Rex are saying to a media that's been sh!ting on their Jets...fu*k-u.

What are Jets fans...that bleed the Green 'n White...going to say to these media mafioso's? Not much in defense of their team...so far.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope Rex walks out at PC on Tuesday makes a B-line for Myers and/or Manish beats the living crap out of them get up to the podium and says "next question".

These fvcking scvmbag media types deserve a good a$$ whipping. The sh!t they do nowadays is disgraceful.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Why would they go through the trouble of finding Rex, photographing him, and photoshopping a silly tattoo on him? That's absurd and really reaching.

It's more likely that Rex simply got a tattoo when he came to NY during the 09-10 span when we all thought Sanchez might be our guy.
    That's the most logical explanation if in fact there actually is a tattoo..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's how I see it.

For people wanting Rex fired, it's ammo

For people not wanting Rex fired, it's nothing

To me, if anything, it's funny. There were many many pages on Patriots sites when Brady was posing with a goat and other dumb moves he made making fun of him.

Shake your head, laugh a little, and let it go. If you like Rex, this shouldn't change it. If you don't like Rex, this is just part of the decision process you likely don't like.

Either way, it's just a badly done and silly tattoo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the tattoo is real i think we might be seeing rex on this show real soon.

Spike TV’s new Series “Tattoo Nightmares”

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

Biggest Mexican disaster the Alamo or Rex's tattoo??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

I was thinking that... it's really poorly done. The shading is awful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly. And that was a serious news story. If they put that little care into that type of story...
    That is too harsh. Their jobs are to be the first ones to the story. Mistakes are going to be made. I can't imagine how much media scrambling happened on that day. You really can't compare the NY media's handling of this story vs. that one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Assuming it isn't fake does anyone honestly believe that Rex has had it "for years"? Kind of a convenient coincidence that the tat he chose "years ago" just happened to be a Jets jersey with the same number as the current QB.
    For year of four years?

Tool.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Discussing it on First Take...ripping him for it...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the most logical explanation if in fact there actually is a tattoo..
    Are you even listening to yourself?

You can even tell the image hasn't been photoshopped since there's no grain/artifact mismatching, the style of the cartoon being pretty common for tattoos, the tattoo itself warps and conforms to the angle of Rex's bicep, etc.

It's real. Trust me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you even listening to yourself?

You can even tell the image hasn't been photoshopped since there's no grain/artifact mismatching, the style of the cartoon being pretty common for tattoos, the tattoo itself warps and conforms to the angle of Rex's bicep, etc.

It's real. Trust me.
    You do realize I was agreeing with you??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You do realize I was agreeing with you??
    The multiple periods threw me off.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Discussing it on First Take...ripping him for it...
    Doesn't bother me. It's a given.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The multiple periods threw me off.
    The time of month can be a *****..