Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: REVEALED: REX RYAN'S TATTOO OF WIFE WEARING MARK SANCHEZ JERSEY - AND NOTHING ELSE!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Lets just say it is fake, What's he saying about Sanchez then? is he making a joke at Sanchez's expense? This is the main problem with this guy, why draw attention to yourself like an ass. This guy is not a HC.
    bing bing bing.......winner
    Exactly what I immediately thought.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Ummmwhut? What pressure do the players feel now? The season is over. So lounging on a beach in the off season with a tat of your wife wearing the jersey of one of the league's worst QBs is part of Rex's master plan for next season?

Real, fake, whatever the one thing that is indisputable...it was unprofessional. Can you name one other credible NFL head coach who would do something similar? Rex is well aware of the circus label hung on the organization, does this "joke" do anything to alter that widely held perception?

If your quoted post was intended as sarcasm...nevermind.
    Since there are only about 5 credible head coaches in the NFL with any long term success and we aren't getting one of them the incredible is an option I'm not willing to throw out.

Yep I think im done with him. So many things wrong with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    It's not about having a "weird tattoo". It's completely about putting your QB's jersey on your wife as the artwork. It's flat out bizarre and unprofessional.
    I dont want to get into any kind of war with you Borgo because I truly like you as a poster.

But is this really unprofessional on Rex's part or the people following him? He does have a personal life right?
    I think this whole thing is nonsense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I wonder how Sanchez feels about this. It is kind of creepy.
    They should turn Tuesday's press conference with Rex and Woody Johnson into a pay-per-view event.

Woody is embarrassed and humiliated enough by this coach, making him look bad to the country club set. I cannot fathom what is going through his mind this morning as he is trying to conduct a professional search to find a replacement general manager for the one that this idiot got fired.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I dont want to get into any kind of war with you Borgo because I truly like you as a poster.

But is this really unprofessional on Rex's part or the people following him? He does have a personal life right?
    Both, but we don't root for the NYDN.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    The media is an embarrassment for taking the picture, grant you, but this is the world that we live in today.
    I doubt the media took that pic. I assume a random tourist/sports fan took the picture and sold it to the Daily News. Happes all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    They should turn Tuesday's press conference with Rex and Woody Johnson into a pay-per-view event.

Woody is embarrassed and humiliated enough by this coach, making him look bad to the country club set. I cannot fathom what is going through his mind this morning as he is trying to conduct a professional search to find a replacement general manager for the one that this idiot got fired.

SAR I
    How do you know Woody isn't a little bit Kinky? He may well be enjoying this.

Say that to his face tough guy. Talk about my wife like that

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    It's not about having a "weird tattoo". It's completely about putting your QB's jersey on your wife as the artwork. It's flat out bizarre and unprofessional.
    The conspiracy theory that says Rex Ryan is deliberately trying to get fired to collect the two years remaining on his contract has just picked up steam.

If the tattoo is real, it again is a horrific example of decision-making. A public figure again doing something that he shouldn't.

If the tattoo is fake, it again is a horrific example of decision-making. Combined with an inappropriate theme and a horrible sense of timing.

Looks like Fireman Ed isn't the only classless quitter on this team. Problem is, he is supposed to be leading it.

SAR I
    +1

-

The fact that people care so much about this is puzzling to me. It is clearly a prank. And I get that some question his judgment behind the prank. (Personally, I like it). This would seem to be a matter of one's taste for pranks. IMO, it's just Rex being Rex. He is known for this sort of thing. Any other coach ever do a press conference in a wig and insult his sister-in-law? Oh yeah, the Jets were winning then, so it was funny.

Perhaps you can all wait to pass final judgment until his press conference. By the way, Tom Gamble - whom I believe is the leading candidate for the GM job - has known Rex for 20 years.

Gamble worked with Buddy Ryan in Philadelphia and has known Rex Ryan for more than 20 years. So he and Rex, who have a mutual respect for each other, could become a strong team.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...m1V2RMe5j9kX6I

Jets Insider VIP
    There is a silver lining:

None of the GM candidates with embarASSing tatoos will take the job now...

SAR I
    This past week Woody seems to have finally gotten it. Trying to clean up the mess (yes, that he partially created) but still trying to clean it and seemingly doing all the right things. Especially telling Rex to get out of town for a few days, so he doesn't say or do something stupid.

And now this, I feel bad for the guy.

Undrafted Free Agent

Seriously? No one is saying Rex shouldn't have a personal life. He can suck feet until he turns blue for all I give a shyte. That's a personal decision.

But when he tattoos a jersey of a player who, at this current moment, is embroiled in controversy, who also appears to be mimicking a pose of ANOTHER player mired in controversy, on a likeness of his wife, who for all intents and purposes is his soulmate...do you really NOT get this? At best, it looks as if he's impartial to Sanchez. Which, right now, is the kiss of death.

That's not a personal decision...that's a personnel decision.

The conspiracy theory that says Rex Ryan is deliberately trying to get fired to collect the two years remaining on his contract has just picked up steam.

If the tattoo is real, it again is a horrific example of decision-making. A public figure again doing something that he shouldn't.

If the tattoo is fake, it again is a horrific example of decision-making. Combined with an inappropriate theme and a horrible sense of timing.

Looks like Fireman Ed isn't the only classless quitter on this team. Problem is, he is supposed to be leading it.

SAR I
    If he is trying to get fired, I hope all he gets is demoted and then quits so we can put him on the shelf for 2 years. I really had nothing against him up until the last 3 or 4 weeks, it's really gone over the cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
    Wow. If Beli was to get his woman in a Brady jersey tattooed on his arm, this board would go ballistic. Oh, but since it's "our" coach, it's ok. Hypocrites.

This is beyond creepy.
    If it was Herm or Mangini they'd be ballistic.

Rex seems like a good, fun guy to be around and have a beer with. That's why there isn't the outrage

As DD said I wanted him out months ago. This week hasn't changed that one way or the other. He isn't a HC
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-04-2013 at 09:06 AM.

All League
    Sorry guys, but Woody has to be seething. He hires a firm to land the best possible GM candidate, and he has to have this farg it up?

This alone shouldn't get a Coach fired, but the timing of it may spell the end for Rex.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    The fact that people care so much about this is puzzling to me. It is clearly a prank. And I get that some question his judgment behind the prank. (Personally, I like it). This would seem to be a matter of one's taste for pranks. IMO, it's just Rex being Rex. He is known for this sort of thing. Any other coach ever do a press conference in a wig and insult his sister-in-law? Oh yeah, the Jets were winning then, so it was funny.

Perhaps you can all wait to pass final judgment until his press conference. By the way, Tom Gamble - whom I believe is the leading candidate for the GM job - has known Rex for 20 years.
    I'm sorry Sonny, but the head coach of an NFL team should not be vacationing in the Bahamas and pulling inappropriate pranks when his owner is left holding the bag in New Jersey trying to clean up his mess, trying to conduct a professional search for the replacement GM, and millions of Jets fans are mourning the worst season we've had in 15 years.

Again, the guy can do whatever he wants with his personal life it's not for us to tell him what he can't do. But he is a public figure, the face of our franchise, and someone who knowingly represents millions of people. He can't make foot fetish videos, he can't be photographed in Newark airport in a Titans jacket on his way to the Bahamas, and he can't display Mark Sanchez tattoos of his bottomless wife on his arms knowing he's going to get photographed at a very busy tourist resort.

SAR I

I'm a lover, not a fighter. Thanks for the kind words.

I agree that Rex is entitled to do whatever he chooses in his personal life. Also that gossip/sensationalistic-fueled media is disgusting. I especially wish it had no place in sports reporting.

That said, my only problem with this situation is that Rex would have such a tattoo. IMO, it's just not what a leader of men does. Nor someone who hopes to foster and build an organization's reputation. As I said earlier, I can't imagine that any other HC in the history of the NFL would even think of adding their QB's likeness on their body. It's just friggin' nuts.

Apart from putting his wife in a very strange position (no pun), at the very least, it conveys that Rex will show mark favoritism.

Hall Of Fame
    Am I the only one who likes Rex more now?