Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: REVEALED: REX RYAN'S TATTOO OF WIFE WEARING MARK SANCHEZ JERSEY - AND NOTHING ELSE!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess you're only allowed to have fun when the team is winning.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex Wants To Get Fired

When Rex several days ago denied wanting to be fired , it reminded me of Herm Edwards statement, shortly before he escaped to Kansas City.

This is such a perfect excuse to get fired ( the one jersey on the whole Jets team that his wife should not be depicted wearing) that I have to think Rex orchestrated this. He has six million reasons to do so.

I have to think Rex wants to get fired ... why else would he chance lying on the beach, exposing this tat while media is likely close by. How does Rex know there is a photographer close ?
    Rex has got to now there is a Daily News or New York Post photographer on the beach given how his career swings in the wind this week. It's obvious he would already have received a phone call from New York saying he was photographed at baggage claim after arriving, more likely to come.

I would not be surprised if Rex had the tattoo done specifically to get fired.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I distinctly remember a scene in Hard Knocks where Rex is chilling in a hot tub in the lockeroom. If he did that once on tv it's not a stretch to assume he does that on a fairly regular basis.
    Yep.

"Accountability for everyone, except my bff I tattoo'd on my arm."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Borgo aptly used the word "unprofessional". That word can come up all the time when dissecting today's Jets.

NY is the media capital of the world. Got it. Now, when is the last time anyone covered a Tom Coughlin vacation? MAYBE a mentioning after he wins a Superbowl.

Coughlin is not a spiteful man, so if a reporter asked him 'are you jealous of the attention Rex Ryan gets?' he'd say 'no' without any added nuance of smugness or humor and wait for a question about football to which he'd give more than a one-word answer. We could use a coach like that. We always could.
    Exactly. People act like Rex is some innocent victim of the evil NY media. WHY do you think that they are covering him the way they are? He has brought this on all by himself. The stupid comments , the awful predictions, self proclaiming greatness, insulting his competitors, all of this has brought the attention to himself. Sadly this is something that Woody likes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Zero.

No joke. I'm taking the year off. You'll see me in my seats again when Ryan is gone and the rebuild actually starts.

SAR I
    From the Board too?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is wrong with wearing a throwback jacket?

If it is Rex's sense of humor, For the team's sake I hope he believes he won't be back and is giving a big FU to the media.

If he believes he is coming back and he thinks tweaking the media is good for the jets brand after this year, he is clueless.

If it is real and done that poorly that is just sad.

I know a guy that has the number 33 under the Celtic Shamrock for Bird. But Rex's tat is tasteless. If it was the logo, fine, thousands of people have the logo
    Last edited by patman; 01-04-2013 at 09:59 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am guessing Woody told Rex to disappear for a week and that's why he went on vacation.

If the tatoo is real, I agree it was a bad idea.

If the tatoo is fake, I agree it was a misguided idea (but funny).

Rex's tatoo has NOTHING to do with football.

This board sounds like the managing board of a retirement village: Judemental without all the facts.

You all need to lighten up!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this is Rex playing a prank on the media, I think it is awesome.

If that tat is real, then it is creepy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    From the Board too?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    The real reason to fire Rex is his moronic decision to stick with the worst QB in the NFL.
    Kind of funny you're telling that to SAR. He still thinks Sanchez is legitimate 1st round franchise QB who's been let down by: HC, GM, OC, OL, RB, WR, ownership, QB coach, and Fireman Ed.

They have all failed to provide Sanchez an environment needed to thrive - so look elsewhere for the worst QB in the league. Ours has a built in excuse.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why are people happy that he's "trolling" the media? He's not. Real or fake, he gave the media an unnecessary story.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I don't want Rex coaching the Jets anymore because he's just not a respectable figure head.
    He's just a big goofball & he proves it in every presser.
    Even if its a fake, why?
    We need Rod Serling to narrate the story of the 2012 Jets.

What you will witness is an inside look into a circus, a circus orchestrated by a spoiled rich kid, an accountant turned football GM & a stubborn much too loyal footloose coach embarrassing the very fans that waste their Sundays, dreaming about a Superbowl & respectability.

What these fans don't know is that have entered a space in time, just another sad moment 44 years in the making.
    This is The Twilight Zone.
    LoL...Get it produced, sounds like 30 million views to me

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really dont care about the tattoo or if hes on a vacation....but I must admit that I would prefer my HC to be acting/talking more like this:

"I can't even describe how it hurts. I don’t know what to do,” Coughlin told WFAN’s Mike Francesa. “I’m walking around here like a crazy man. I am. I don’t know what to do with myself. We shouldn’t be doing this right now. The pain of it is almost indescribable.”

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Not so much when winning, but how about not when half your staff is sitting at home wondering if they have a job next week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    that tattoo is embarassing and disturbing. This buffoon is our HC? please save us Woody or new GM!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    When Rex several days ago denied wanting to be fired , it reminded me of Herm Edwards statement, shortly before he escaped to Kansas City.

This is such a perfect excuse to get fired ( the one jersey on the whole Jets team that his wife should not be depicted wearing) that I have to think Rex orchestrated this. He has six million reasons to do so.

I have to think Rex wants to get fired ... why else would he chance lying on the beach, exposing this tat while media is likely close by. How does Rex know there is a photographer close ?
    Rex has got to now there is a Daily News or New York Post photographer on the beach given how his career swings in the wind this week. It's obvious he would already have received a phone call from New York saying he was photographed at baggage claim after arriving, more likely to come.

Nonsense. All the antics that he would be "pulling" to get fired would also be there for scrutiny when he tries to get a job with another team. Rex is starting to become the Tebow of coaches. Nobody's going to want to hire him because of the amount of unwanted attention he brings.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

not for anything, but I thought he looked like a real a$$ when he did that also. He is unprofessional and makes the organization look the same. I don't buy the theory that he takes the light and pressure off his players. His big mouth was a constant distraction from the team's great runs to both AFC Championships. Instead of being respected, the Jets are laughed upon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    I really dont care about the tattoo or if hes on a vacation....but I must admit that I would prefer my HC to be acting/talking more like this:

"I can't even describe how it hurts. I don’t know what to do,” Coughlin told WFAN’s Mike Francesa. “I’m walking around here like a crazy man. I am. I don’t know what to do with myself. We shouldn’t be doing this right now. The pain of it is almost indescribable.”
    good thought

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post

You're right! Cost of tattoo, $400? Final two years of contract, $6 million!