Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: REVEALED: REX RYAN'S TATTOO OF WIFE WEARING MARK SANCHEZ JERSEY - AND NOTHING ELSE!

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    no problem i never liked you anyway. i guess what others think of you is true.
    As you can see, I really don't care.

Too many egos on this board.

All Pro
    Lmao it's amazing a tattoo is such a big deal around here..

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Which is why I can't believe it's real. I fail to believe that anyone, including Rex Ryan, can be that dumb. It's a conflict of interest and make it impossible to keep his integrity.
    If it's photoshop, a lawsuit (or a$$ whooping) will be forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Question - If the tattoo was simply of Rex's wife in a green, non-numbered Jets jersey, would it be a non-issue? Would it actually be cool?

New rule to live by.

Unless they're a retired HOF player, or saved your baby from a burning building, only tattoo double zero (00) for a number on a tattoo of your wife in a sports jersey and not the number of someone who works for you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    The issue isn't that he has a tattoo. The issue isn't that he has his wife tattoo'd on him. The issues isn't that he has a Jets jersey on his naked wife tattoo'd on him.

...but can we be 100% confident in that when the coach is so close with the guy that he has him tattoo'd on his body on his naked wife?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Is it a "story"? Everything is a "story" with the TMZing of the news.

I don't know how many NYers are here, but if you picked up the Daily News today, what they did is reprehensible IMO. There were two big shootings in the city last night and 3 cops were shot. The Knicks also had a big win against the Spurs. Under any normal news organization that shouldve been the front and back page stories. Instead, the News has the Rex tattoo story on BOTH the front and back page of the paper.

Ridiculous.
    I agree. That IS ridiculous.

The issue isn't that he has a tattoo. The issue isn't that he has his wife tattoo'd on him. The issues isn't that he has a Jets jersey on his naked wife tattoo'd on him.

The issue is he has Mark Sanchez's jersey tattoo'd on him. It's unprofessional as a leader to do things that give the perception that you have "favorites" working for you. Your favorites should be determined by the way they play on the field. Anything outside of that becomes inappropriate. As a player who wants to win, how can I be 100% confident that my coach is making a football decision about the QB who is struggling terribly when I know he has such a close relationship with him that he has him tattoo'd on his arm? Maybe Mark really did give the Jets their best chance to win, but can we be 100% confident in that when the coach is so close with the guy that he has him tattoo'd on his body on his naked wife?
    And on a more serious note, I fail to see how it's any different then Mangini naming his kids after various players on the Jets, and we all thought that was charming at the time and not a conflict of interest, you're waaaaaaaaay overthinking this ****.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Look, My take on this is that it is weird that a grown man would put this type of tattoo on his arm. First, his wife 1/2 undressed and to top it off wearing a Sanchez jersey, it would be bad enough if it was a generic with the word jets.It is his wife 1/2 naked! Maybe it is just my prudish Catholic upbringing?

If it is a fake and he is doing it to tweak the media, it is just clownish. The media does not need any further reason to run the jets down.
    It would be worse if the name Sanchez was in the tatoo, but it isn't, and that is what is lost on everybody.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    And on a more serious note, I fail to see how it's any different then Mangini naming his kids after various players on the Jets, and we all thought that was charming at the time and not a conflict of interest, you're waaaaaaaaay overthinking this ****.
    Excellent point..

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Or if it's 2009 and Rex celebrated acquiring his franchise QB who (he thought) would lead him to the Promised Land by getting the tattoo.
    Again, as a leader it's a poor decision in your example. It shows that he's willing to blindly get behind a guy that has yet to even step on the field. Is this something you'd see a guy like Parcells do? Parcells wouldn't even talk nice about him until he started showing something on the field. If Parcellss were to ever get a tattoo of a guy's jersey on his arm for argument's sake it would be a player who proved himself over a career. How stupid does it look now to have the number of a guy who has flopped and damn near cost him his career?

All Pro
    Again, as a leader it's a poor decision in your example. It shows that he's willing to blindly get behind a guy that has yet to even step on the field. Is this something you'd see a guy like Parcells do? Parcells wouldn't even talk nice about him until he started showing something on the field. If Parcellss were to ever get a tattoo of a guy's jersey on his arm for argument's sake it would be a player who proved himself over a career. How stupid does it look now to have the number of a guy who has flopped and damn near cost him his career?
    I say fire him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Am I the only one who finds this picture quite disturbing?
    Looks like they're playing footsies underwater.

I only wish one of my drinking buddies did something like this. It would give me years of pleasure/material at his expense.

In the grand scheme of things, it's harmless.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    For year of four years?

Tool.
    You really should stick to stalking underage gymnasts who make funny faces. You never heard the expression that something had been going on "for years"?

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    If it's photoshop, a lawsuit (or a$$ whooping) will be forthcoming.
    i don't think it's photoshopped, i just think it's a fake tattoo.

why i think this:

1 -- if it's a real tattoo that he's had for "quite some time" (as reported by Cimini), then we would've known about it sooner. Rex has appeared shirtless in 'Hard Knocks' (picture of him in the tub), he took his shirt off in the middle of an NHL game to put on a jersey, etc. If he's had this for some time, someone would've seen it/commented on it before today.

2 -- if it's a real tattoo, the team would know about it. Rex got a tribal tattoo meaning "believe in yourself" in 2011, partly as a message to his players. today Mike Devito said on the radio that he had never seen/heard of the alleged tattoo of Rex's wife. with Rex's personality and close relationship to his players, i find it odd that the team wouldn't know about it.

3 -- if it's a real tattoo that Rex just got recently (explaining why even the players had never seen it), he wouldn't be exposing it to sunlight and saltwater at the beach. the only thing worse than a bad tattoo is a bad tattoo that gets ruined/infected.

all this leads me to believe that it's a fake (henna or similar). of course i may be completely wrong and it's possible that it's a real thing and Rex has somehow managed to keep it a secret all this time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    theres alot more to this story.

not sure what direction it takes.

sanchez is involved with the ryans in a love triangle.

tattoo is fake and rexs way of getting back at the media.

1 thing for sure theres never a dull moment as jets fan.
    I think him storming off, as ESPN reported, rules out Rex faking this.

So, it's either real or NYDN photoshopped it, which I'm not so sure wouldn't be actionable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Assuming it isn't fake does anyone honestly believe that Rex has had it "for years"? Kind of a convenient coincidence that the tat he chose "years ago" just happened to be a Jets jersey with the same number as the current QB.
    Maybe it used to be purple and had #36 on it (Jim Leonhard).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    What team have you been watching?

Rex Ryan has ALWAYS had the players credibility, respect, and admiration. Despite not having much talent this last season, they always played hard for Ryan. Players are outspoken about their desire to continue playing for Rex Ryan.

No credibility? I think not.
    Good thing you're not too EXTREME in your viewpoints. The players always played hard for Ryan? Like Santonio did last year? Like they did in Buffalo (among many) this year? San Diego? Yeah, they played their asses off for him.

Rex is a joke and should be fired. Four years of his schtick is enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    I believe this to be an actual portrayal. Only the "6" has nothing to do with Mark Sanchez.

I have a working theory that Mr. and Mrs. Ryan both don the 6 as he she lies on him feet to face in their version of the "69".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It would be worse if the name Sanchez was in the tatoo, but it isn't, and that is what is lost on everybody.
    I'm pretty sure it was a mistake. I think he wanted Revis number on there instead.