Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: REVEALED: REX RYAN'S TATTOO OF WIFE WEARING MARK SANCHEZ JERSEY - AND NOTHING ELSE!

Wow, what a ridiculous spin you put on things.

Let's forget about Rex for the moment and talk about what happened to some unfortunate people at Florham Park this week.

Mike Tannenbaum got fired. He didn't do an awful job here in New York, but he took the fall for Rex Ryan and the entire franchise. They didn't even hold a press conference to wish him well.

Mike Tannenbaum orchestrated a contract extension for a QB that is beyond comprehension and doesnt even include an offset. He allowed Revis to become the first completely unrestricted free agent since the franchise tag was invented.

Our strength and conditioning coach got fired. Another guy, just trying to contribute, he gets laid off the week after Christmas.

"A guy just trying to contribute" What does that even mean? Kerley, Keller, and Hill all had soft tissue injuries this season. We had more missed games due to injury then we have had in years. Firing the strength coach is a 100% rationael and normal move. Should they have waited until if was further PAST christmas.

Woody Johnson goes to the extraordinary measure of hiring Korn/Ferry and their respected senior vice president to launch a search for a replacement general manager.

Its not an extraordinary measure at all. The seahawks used the exact same person/firm. Woody is not a football man, so he hired someone who is. Another smart, rationale move

And in the context of all of this, our head coach says nothing, cancels a press conference, shows up in a Titans jacket flying commercial in a busy airport, and now is sporting an inappropriate tattoo while lying topless in front of hundreds of hotel guests with smart phones.

Rex isnt in charge of PR, he didnt cancel any press conference. He wore a team jacket, do you really think he is that unrecognizable that it matters if his jacket was plain black?

Woody Johnson should fire this guy by lunch time. Rex Ryan is disrespecting the entire franchise and disrespecting the entire fan base with his behavior this week. It is completely insensitive to everyone involved, especially those who lost their jobs because of what he did to this team. And as seven other NFL teams search for their replacement general managers, we most certainly are at the bottom of everyone's list.

This man continues to hurt our present and is wrecking our future.

"Insensitive to everyone involved" Your drivel is unreal. Do you know if Rex called mike tannenbaum? Do you know if he fired the poor strength coach in person, himself? Do you know ANYTHING AT ALL happening behind the scenes?

Rex has a weird tatoo that may or may not be fake. If you want him fired, the fine, thats your opinion, but your incessant whining and distortion of the truth is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm going to stop now while I'm ahead, boss man.

Seriously, this is just tough to take. And of all the weeks for him to pull this crap? It's unfathomable.

SAR I
    How many games are you planning on going to next year now? This is great, the Jets are truly an exciting circus!!!

Does anyone think a credible GM would want to work with this attention whore? Rex is a clown.. Woody please just fire him now.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    HOF'er LT (who, unlike you, has been in the locker room, disagrees.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...he_soluti.html

Yeah, but he's also a guy who has never won a single thing (teamwise) and shrinks in the playoffs. I'm not sure he's the best to evaluate coaching....

I think Rex should get another year but LT might not be the best to evaluate coaching.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Reveal your SAR I tattoo and I'll jump in front of a bus.
    I almost always agree with his football assessments.

Maybe a small tattoo.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Really name another head coach that getting followed by reporters on vacation? These are TMZ and MTO cameras where talking a out its freaking Beat Writers .
    These are specific circumstances and this in NY.

As the media was all over the Jets for not having the year end press conference. He knew the media was there. Tell me another team that hasn't had their year end PC?

His wife was laying at the pool with him, if its cool with her, whats the stink.How does this affect your life, my life, the way, our offense performs.This is Rex, trying to be funny.If you don't think its funny, fine. This is why most people love Rex, who know him well.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    IMO Woody does not judge people on such things. (The parents of openly bi-sexual children with drug abuse problems are normally more nuanced in their evaluations of people). Woody will judge Ryan for what he's done as HC -- and he's done enough both to justify his firing him AND to give him a second chance with a new GM.

I'll say it again. Personally, I like the fake tattoo busting the media's chops. Rex needs to be brash. That is who he is. He should succeed or fail in 2013 being true to himself. Perhaps this is his sign to the world that the old Rex is back.
    Ok. But what about the interview process? The candidates are selling themselves, but the Jets are selling themselves to the candidates as well. Rex is not a great bargaining chip, wouldn't you agree?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I agree with SAR, Borgo, Raoul, et al. This is the most clownish behavior I've ever seen. I actually think it would be worse if the tattoo is fake, considering the cluster**** trainwreck of a season Rex just presided over. This is no time for games. If you want to go into hiding for a week then do it, don't pull a ridiculous stunt like this.

And if its real... My God. He and his wife and Sanchez are into some weird crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Really name another head coach that getting followed by reporters on vacation? These are TMZ and MTO cameras where talking a out its freaking Beat Writers .
    Again, I highly doubt this was a TMZ reporter. It was likely a regular joe on vacation near Rex and he sold the image to the daily news or TMZ.

I'm sorry Sonny, but the head coach of an NFL team should not be vacationing in the Bahamas and pulling inappropriate pranks when his owner is left holding the bag in New Jersey trying to clean up his mess, trying to conduct a professional search for the replacement GM, and millions of Jets fans are mourning the worst season we've had in 15 years.
    How do you know Woody didn't simply say, 'hey bud, take a vacation.'?

Because that scenario is 10,000x more likely than Rex Ryan jetting off to the Bahamas and leaving his owner behind with his sleeves rolled up and answering phones and writing handwritten notes to irate season ticket holders.

If it's fake, the only logical explanation is he's TRYING to get fired.

between the Titans jacket and this he MUST be trying to get fired.

Has anyone considered that rather than a prank on the media (why would Rex think he was followed to the Bahamas - it's not like he's Lindsey Lohan), it was just Rex having fun on vacation. Perhaps he and his wife were goofing around getting hemp tattoos. Rex tells the tattoo guy, "I'd like a tattoo of my gorgeous wife who means more to me than anything in the world." She then chimes in with something like, "I was beginning to think you cared more about Mark Sanchez". They then come up with the goofy tattoo of her in a Sanchez Jersey Tebowing.

Not saying that this is what happened, but it seems just as likely as it being a prank on the media, and more likely than it being a real tattoo. People on this Board are really jumping to ridiculous conclusions without knowing any of the facts. I can't believe people are calling for his firing over this as the last straw.

Exactly. Let's forget about Rex for the moment and talk about what happened to some unfortunate people at Florham Park this week.

Mike Tannenbaum got fired. He didn't do an awful job here in New York, but he took the fall for Rex Ryan and the entire franchise. They didn't even hold a press conference to wish him well.

Our strength and conditioning coach got fired. Another guy, just trying to contribute, he gets laid off the week after Christmas.

Woody Johnson goes to the extraordinary measure of hiring Korn/Ferry and their respected senior vice president to launch a search for a replacement general manager.

You've got Tannenbaum's entire staff not knowing what their futures look like, and you have a defensive and offensive coordinatior that probably are leaving and their entire coaching staffs are on pins and needles too.

And certainly not least, millions of Jets fans are getting ready to watch the Bengals and Colts play in playoff games this weekend while our entire franchise locks the doors and hides from us.

And in the context of all of this, our head coach says nothing, cancels a press conference, shows up in a Titans jacket flying commercial in a busy airport, and now is sporting an inappropriate tattoo while lying topless in front of hundreds of hotel guests with smart phones.

Woody Johnson should fire this guy by lunch time. Rex Ryan is disrespecting the entire franchise and disrespecting the entire fan base with his behavior this week. It is completely insensitive to everyone involved, especially those who lost their jobs because of what he did to this team. And as seven other NFL teams search for their replacement general managers, we most certainly are at the bottom of everyone's list.

This man continues to hurt our present and is wrecking our future.

SAR I
    Even though I do feel you're over the top with your criticism, what you say above bears merit. Many of the staff on the Jets have no idea what their job status is and the leadership is off on vacation. Put yourself in those people's shoes for a moment. You are going to work every day knowing that some serious changes and cuts are coming down the pipe and you may not have a job in a couple weeks. You're stressing every day and your leadership is all out on vacation. That's an effed up way to run things.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    His wife was laying at the pool with him, if its cool with her, whats the stink.How does this affect your life, my life, the way, our offense performs.This is Rex, trying to be funny.If you don't think its funny, fine. This is why most people love Rex, who know him well.
    Again, we could all care less about Rex and his personal life. It has been made abundantly clear that he and his wife enjoy experimentation. God bless.

But tell me, after all Sanchez has been through this year, why Rex would pick his jersey for this supposed prank? Mark hasn't had enough negative publicity? The team hasn't been enough of a joke? The tat is real, which makes it insanely bizarre.

I would bet that 90% of all Jet fans hate seeing that shot in today's media. Not because we're prudes, but because it makes our team look even more foolish and out of touch with today's reality in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    If it's fake, the only logical explanation is he's TRYING to get fired.

between the Titans jacket and this he MUST be trying to get fired.
    Huh? Why would that get him fired?

Jets Insider VIP
    Good thing the photographer didn't get Rex from the other side, else he might have seen this tattoo on his left arm...

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Say that to his face tough guy. Talk about my wife like that
    This post is useless without pics.

They should turn Tuesday's press conference with Rex and Woody Johnson into a pay-per-view event.

Woody is embarrassed and humiliated enough by this coach, making him look bad to the country club set. I cannot fathom what is going through his mind this morning as he is trying to conduct a professional search to find a replacement general manager for the one that this idiot got fired.

SAR I
    Tannenbaum got himself fired Scott. He was an awful and clueless GM. In your zest to make Rex the only culprit in this fiasco of a season, you are forgetting that along side Rex is an owner who cares nothing about winning, only selling tickets and making back page headlines to "stay ahead" of the Giants, and a GM who was basically an accountant and knew nothing about evaluating football talent.

The real reason to fire Rex is his moronic decision to stick with the worst QB in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I'm a lover, not a fighter. Thanks for the kind words.

I agree that Rex is entitled to do whatever he chooses in his personal life. Also that gossip/sensationalistic-fueled media is disgusting. I especially wish it had no place in sports reporting.

That said, my only problem with this situation is that Rex would have such a tattoo. IMO, it's just not what a leader of men does. Nor someone who hopes to foster and build an organization's reputation. As I said earlier, I can't imagine that any other HC in the history of the NFL would even think of adding their QB's likeness on their body. It's just friggin' nuts.

Apart from putting his wife in a very strange position (no pun), at the very least, it conveys that Rex will show mark favoritism.
    I agree that the chosen tattoo if real, is strange, but it is his business.

Some things we just dont need to see or know about.