Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 131 of 131

Thread: Tweets & News 1/4

  1. #121
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    +1

    The Niners are an organization that puts about as much emphasis on defense as we do.

    Rex is a defensive oriented coach who at least has back to back AFCCG appearances on his resume.

    Chip Kelly is all about offense (a gimmicky one at that) and has virtually no NFL experience whatsoever.

    Not to mention that Rex and Gamble have supposedly had a good relationship dating back to Buddy Ryan's days with the Eagles.

    I still say we're the favorites to land Gamble's services. Woody is close with Polian and judging by the reports, Polian has been selling Woody on Gamble for weeks now.
    +1?

    How many DL coaches become head coaches? Probably towards the bottom of the totem pole no?

  2. #122
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,271
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Come'on man. I let everyone slide when they go on and on about GMs not wanting to come to a team having a coach forced upon them, but now having a spread option coach forced on you is a plus? Rex is one of the best defensive coaches in the game, who has won a lot more games than the talent should have allowed, is a detriment, but a coach that doesn't even run a pro offense is really going to excite prospective GMs. I get that GMs probably want full control, but you can't have it both ways. If Chip is a plus than Rex should be too. I hope they give our GM unconditional authority over Rex. Rex is an inmate, and shouldn't be running the asylum, but He's a good NFL coach. He just needs structure, and discipline.
    For a guy that can't run a pro offense, Kelly sure had a lot of pro teams interested in him.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    +1?

    How many DL coaches become head coaches? Probably towards the bottom of the totem pole no?
    We have one right now.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    For a guy that can't run a pro offense, Kelly sure had a lot of pro teams interested in him.
    He could run his offense, but I think wha't's going to be his downfall is when he has veteren linemen who can't move that quickly.

    You wouldn't see Brandon Moore moving at that speed.

  5. #125
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    We have one right now.
    And look how popular he is with Jets fans right now.

    How many others?

  6. #126
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He could run his offense, but I think wha't's going to be his downfall is when he has veteren linemen who can't move that quickly.

    You wouldn't see Brandon Moore moving at that speed.
    What have the Patriots been doing for the last couple of years?

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    What have the Patriots been doing for the last couple of years?
    Even they don't move as fast as Oregon does at full speed.

  8. #128
    Mike Smith with the Falcons was a DL coach along with Rex Ryan on that Ravens team

  9. #129
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And look how popular he is with Jets fans right now.

    How many others?
    Mike Smith

  10. #130
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    I never understood the interest in Heckert. He just bombed in Cleveland. Failed GMs aren't recycled this quickly.

    Also, the beat writer info is bogus IMO. All the rumors were that he was looking to follow Reid wherever he went and now that he has landed in KC, that's his obvious destination.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I never understood the interest in Heckert. He just bombed in Cleveland. Failed GMs aren't recycled this quickly.

    Also, the beat writer info is bogus IMO. All the rumors were that he was looking to follow Reid wherever he went and now that he has landed in KC, that's his obvious destination.
    I don't know if he bombed. Cleveland has been assembling some talent. Ownership change wanted their own guys.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us