Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/4

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Chiefs make it official and announce they "part ways" with Scott Pioli. The prelude to the forthcoming Andy Reid announcement.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Would you want Pioli Jets fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    I feel your pain man. Instead of rebuilding and setting up a foundation for the future, I guess Woody wants one more year for Rex to fail and delay the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    One more year? We're getting that one year plus FIVE MORE due to the failure GM we are being forced to hire now. This Keep Rex thing has implications for way more than one year.
    This is what's driving me crazy. Why doesn't that bespectacled dunce see this?

Right now, we have the perfect opportunity to go out and hire a heavy weight GM and HC. Very few fans would b1tch about dumping Rex. So, go do it!

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Todd Haley hasn't said yes to Cardinals interview http://wp.me/p14QSB-6Ss3

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Would you want Pioli Jets fans?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    No.
    +1

@TheBigLead: You shut your mouth RT @BrianCoz: Would you want Pioli Jets fans? Guess that's a no

i love the sky is falling, we are ****ed, **** my life, Zack Morris and Slater are the only ones who are going to take our GM job Jet fans...i dont think people realize how hard it is to get a GM job...the hottest thing is not always the best thing...i feel a heck of a lot better about Rex then i do about the SF guy bringing his BFF linebackers coach to be the HC.

The jets will get a competent HC, that will be the best choice for this franchise...i have confidence...you should too.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    John Dorsey in Jets GM mix too RT @caplannfl Source said Andy Reid has Packers Dir of Fball Ops on radar to interview 4 Chiefs personnel job

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    YOU said you wanted Parcells to help the search. #BlameCoz #BlameTebow RT @BrianCoz: Would you want Pioli Jets fans?

All League
    So the GM has to keep Rex for a year. Same thins is probably going down in Carolina and Jax.

We are screwed if the new GM gives Rex any kind of authority on personnel.

For all we know, keeping Rex may be linked to re-signing a couple of our FA (like Landry).

What will hurt us is if the new GM makes desperation moves in order to win in 2013 in order to give Rex a fighting chance. This could eat up a bunch of our available cap space n 2014 and we could see us passing on potential prospects for ones that cam come in and contribute immediately.

Ala wham Parcells was here. Any Competant GM will tell Woody that you can either you risk everything for a shot at the WC in 2013 or we build the right way and try to build a team that can over take Brady and Pats and then take the reign when Brady retires.

Otherwise, It's almost like playing poker and you have an open straight. Only we need two cards, we bluffing our way in, and everybody at the table know we are doing it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    So the GM has to keep Rex for a year. Same thins is probably going down in Carolina and Jax.

We are screwed if the new GM gives Rex any kind of authority on personnel.

For all we know, keeping Rex may be linked to re-signing a couple of our FA (like Landry).

What will hurt us is if the new GM makes desperation moves in order to win in 2013 in order to give Rex a fighting chance. This could eat up a bunch of our available cap space n 2014 and we could see us passing on potential prospects for ones that cam come in and contribute immediately.

Ala wham Parcells was here. Any Competant GM will tell Woody that you can either you risk everything for a shot at the WC in 2013 or we build the right way and try to build a team that can over take Brady and Pats and then take the reign when Brady retires.

Otherwise, It's almost like playing poker and you have an open straight. Only we need two cards, we bluffing our way in, and everybody at the table know we are doing it.
    Dollars to donuts that Rivera and Mularkey would both be jettisoned if one of the top GM candidates insisted on it.

RT @RobDemovsky John Dorsey & family love GB but I'm told his wife has strong ties to KC area. She even works for a firm based there #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i love the sky is falling, we are ****ed, **** my life, Zack Morris and Slater are the only ones who are going to take our GM job Jet fans...i dont think people realize how hard it is to get a GM job...the hottest thing is not always the best thing...i feel a heck of a lot better about Rex then i do about the SF guy bringing his BFF linebackers coach to be the HC.

The jets will get a competent HC, that will be the best choice for this franchise...i have confidence...you should too.
    Is that a Saved by the Bell reference?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Dollars to donuts that Rivera and Mularkey would both be jettisoned if one of the top GM candidates insisted on it.
    Riviera- its possible. Jax is interviewing Caldwell from Atlanta and he very well may keep Mularkey since they worked together as recently as last year.

Another way to look at this is Getting the right staff together makes or breaks the HC. Tomsula has just recently been mentioned as a potential hire for who ever gets Gamble. But for the last few months, Reid, McCoy, Chip Kelly , etc. have anticipated getting offers to be HCs and have been recruiting staff.

By the time we make the GM hire, most of the quality asistants may be gone. Doesn't he Rex this year but what if....

We sign Thurman to a multi-year extension. He stays as DC next year and Tomsula has a year to recruit and build a an offensive staff. So next Black Monday we are already moving on implementing the staff turnover instead of listening to consultants tell us what every other team with a GM opening already knows.

Free agent-to-be Mike DeVito on Rex's tattoo: "I've never seen that. This is 1st time I've even heard that before.... I have not seen that"

Not sure, but I don't think Mike has ever seen Rex's tattoo before.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    #Jaguars are interviewing #Giants exec Marc Ross today for GM job, I believe, in NJ. He's received a ton of interest, is well thought-of

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Just to recap from last night -- Browns asked permission to talk to Gamble, Telesco interviews with SD and Caldwell with Jets today.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    ... Gamble will interview with the Jets this weekend, and @RapSheet reports Ross is with the Jaguars today.

P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags
    Oh, stop with any Pioli praise. All of KC's best players were drafted by Carl Peterson.

Norv Turner may be on Jets' short list for OCs, but @UTKevinAcee noted couple weeks ago Turner won't end up with #NYJ. Acee would know.