Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/4

@AdamSchefter: Not a good sign for Jaguars HC Mike Mularkey: Jacksonville's assistant coaches given permission today to speak to other teams about jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @AdamSchefter: Not a good sign for Jaguars HC Mike Mularkey: Jacksonville's assistant coaches given permission today to speak to other teams about jobs.
    The coach isn't the thing that's going to stop Gamble going there. Tebow will be the one that decides that front office.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The coach isn't the thing that's going to stop Gamble going there. Tebow will be the one that decides that front office.
    Epic troll job if we could somehow get Jacksonville to trade for Lolbow AND cockblock them from Gamble.

All League
    missed one:

Travis Bond Tripucka

@LunchMeat8
    Can't wait to be reunited w @FlightPhase and Big Vlad #minutemen gotta laugh who woulda thought?

Tanny was always good to UMASS.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Jags wrapping up GM search this weekend, talking to Steve Keim (AZ) today, Tom Gamble (SF), but many believe Dave Caldwell gets it ...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    If Caldwell does land the Jags GM job, a coaching change is expected with Greg Roman (SF) a strong candidate.

Hall Of Fame
    ESPN New York considers free agent SS LaRon Landry "highly unlikely" to re-sign with the Jets.

A clause in Landry's one-year contract prevents the Jets from franchise tagging him, and he's already made it clear he won't accept a hometown discount. Beat writer Rich Cimini believes the Jets simply "won't be able to afford him." Landry is going to be seeking big money on a long-term deal at age 28.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    ESPN New York considers free agent SS LaRon Landry "highly unlikely" to re-sign with the Jets.

A clause in Landry's one-year contract prevents the Jets from franchise tagging him, and he's already made it clear he won't accept a hometown discount. Beat writer Rich Cimini believes the Jets simply "won't be able to afford him." Landry is going to be seeking big money on a long-term deal at age 28.
    Too bad. I guess he'll be someone elses "Revis".

One of the only right things we've done in awhile and we can't keep him. FML.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Too bad. I guess he'll be someone elses "Revis".
    And before people start to panic, I don't think he's going to New England. They seem pretty happy with Chung and I don't think they would pay. Maybe Houston?

All Pro

another way suckchez has screwed us

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    another way suckchez has screwed us
    Can't blame Sanchez for Tanny's terrible extension.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    RT @RapSheet: Hearing Andy Reid is telling ppl he hopes to bring Tom Heckert & Packers exec John Dorsey to KC

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    RT @RapSheet: Hearing Andy Reid is telling ppl he hopes to bring Tom Heckert & Packers exec John Dorsey to KC
    Ughh - If that's the case, neither one would have been a fit here. I don't want anyone willing to be 2nd or 3rd on the org chart. We need someone who wants to be #1!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    Ughh - If that's the case, neither one would have been a fit here. I don't want anyone willing to be 2nd or 3rd on the org chart. We need someone who wants to be #1!
    But not play like number 2

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Riviera- its possible. Jax is interviewing Caldwell from Atlanta and he very well may keep Mularkey since they worked together as recently as last year.

Another way to look at this is Getting the right staff together makes or breaks the HC. Tomsula has just recently been mentioned as a potential hire for who ever gets Gamble. But for the last few months, Reid, McCoy, Chip Kelly , etc. have anticipated getting offers to be HCs and have been recruiting staff.

By the time we make the GM hire, most of the quality asistants may be gone. Doesn't he Rex this year but what if....

We sign Thurman to a multi-year extension. He stays as DC next year and Tomsula has a year to recruit and build a an offensive staff. So next Black Monday we are already moving on implementing the staff turnover instead of listening to consultants tell us what every other team with a GM opening already knows.
    I would love to have Chip Kelly as HC. He gets it on offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    I don't care for Heckert, but Dorsey or Gamble would be my top choice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I don't care for Heckert, but Dorsey or Gamble would be my top choice.
    Sounds to much like Hackett??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Sounds to much like Hackett??
    I yearn for the days of Hackett after putting up with Schitty and Shades the past 7 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I yearn for the days of Hackett after putting up with Schitty and Shades the past 7 years.
    Cumar was the only guy that went to his retirement party that was held in a phone booth on Hempstead Turnpike..

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Another guy we unfairly ran out of town....