Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/4

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    49ers Director of Player Personnel Tom Gamble is expected to get strong consideration going into Jets GM interview process. He's up tomorrow

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Ryan Grigson: Colts will do "whatever we could" to keep Bruce Arians http://wp.me/p14QSB-6SsK

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Source says Rex Ryan & Tom Gamble got along fine when they knew each other dating back to yrs Buddy Ryan & Harry Gamble worked for Eagles

I'll give Mehta credit. He's not delving and swamping into this ridiculous non-story with the tattoo and going about his business.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    @MMehtaNYDN gamble was also with the Jets a while back, wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Chiefs make it official and announce they "part ways" with Scott Pioli. The prelude to the forthcoming Andy Reid announcement.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Would you want Pioli Jets fans?
    I'm going to keep posting this about Pioli

In 4 seasons with KC:

He picked a QB nearly as bad as Sanchez, he's gone through 2 coaches
    His team went 25-39
    They lost the only playoff game they went to (30-7)
    They have drafted in the top 5 2x

Frankly, I don't see any work away from the Pats that even puts him on the same level as Tannenbaum.

@ConorTOrr: According to his Twitter page @dannylan58, LB Danny Lansanah is now a member of the #jets

If it is only a year stipulation it is not the end of the world. We will be rebuilding anyway next year, and it gives us a year to choose a new HC and staff. Not the way I would go, but I would think only a 1 year stipulation would not scare a GM candidate away, in fact it actually gives him a "free" year in some ways so it is not all bad. Now if Woody tells them that Ryan is the coach and he stays until Woody decides than the good GM candidates will go running to the hills.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    With the Chiefs looking for a GM, they'll have to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Reid could bring Eagles dir of pro personnel Louis Riddick in.

I swear, the Rooney Rule is the dumbest **** in the world.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

With the Chiefs looking for a GM, they'll have to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Reid could bring Eagles dir of pro personnel Louis Riddick in.

That's how we got the Flim Flam BBQ man..

All Pro
    It got him an interview. What got him hired.? What got him the division championship and 3 trips to the playoffs in 5 yrs?
    Uh

Jets Insider VIP

More affirmative action BS

Actually they've talked to plenty of Coaches that said even interviewing for a job helped them drastically down the line. It's certainly not a perfect rule, but all you have to do is look at the NCAA to see why it's around (Currently 5 head coaches in Division 1-A, Never has there been more than 8).

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Actually they've talked to plenty of Coaches that said even interviewing for a job helped them drastically down the line. It's certainly not a perfect rule, but all you have to do is look at the NCAA to see why it's around (Currently 5 head coaches in Division 1-A, Never has there been more than 8).
    I have no problem with it WORKING, I have a problem with the politics surrounding it. Giving/taking away opportunities based on the color of someone's skin is stupid.

A.) Rex's arm tattoo looks like a photoshop job.

B.) Our team is going to get worse before it gets better.

C.) Start looking forward to Jets games again earliest 2014...

I have no problem with it WORKING, I have a problem with the politics surrounding it. Giving/taking away opportunities based on the color of someone's skin is stupid.
    Not getting opportunities because of the color of someone's skin is more stupid and while I'd be okay with the Rooney rule going away for coaches now, it certainly was needed for years.

Not getting opportunities because of the color of someone's skin is more stupid and while I'd be okay with the Rooney rule going away for coaches now, it certainly was needed for years.
    Either way, it's just two sides to the same coin. Until people can see each other as humans and not as black, white, brown, etc. we're gonna have stupid ass rules like this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Now we need a reverse one for RB's,W/R's and DB's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Either way, it's just two sides to the same coin. Until people can see each other as humans and not as black, white, brown, etc. we're gonna have stupid ass rules like this.
    With some of the posters on this board that may take awhile..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    With some of the posters on this board that may take awhile..
    lel