Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Taxes going up

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Contrast that to Romney who actively attacked the underclass and recalibrated his message over and over again.

Reagan unlike both Romney and Obama had a few key consepts that he didn't calibrate. His apeal wasn't to the left at all but he took a large number of blue collar Democrats who were willing to make the move because he didn't actively talk to them like they were trying to steal your lunch.

Reagan wasn't a hater and the Republican party ran a race of outright hatred toward the President. It's not good enough to gain middle class labor votes. Reagan never took the bait, Romney did and he was destroyed in the last election.

Your hatred toward the opposition is palpable. It's simply not a way to win a national election with a fairly evenly divided electorate.
    My abject hatred towards "the opposition" its nonsensical ideology and all the freaks that live by it, although only part of the reason I vote, is based on a more than palpable reality - the institutionalized thieving of services without so much as an IOU paid by my property and income tax dollar. Blame for all (D) related failings on others with an ever increasing dollop of rancid racism, anti-Americanism and quack moral relativism mixed in. Their failure to enforce laws. The failure to adequately address economic and/or social problems. Vilifying and demonizing the normal and law-abiding while elevating deviancy in the name of social justice aka "getting even" etc.

All worse than and more egregious than "stealing my lunch"...

Again, Romney was not "destroyed", we'll leave that honor to the Mondales of American history. He lost a close election in a divided nation made more divided by the occupant of the WH and his sicko-phants-0 is no different than the EO/AA sub-mediocre hire in your workplace that people are reluctant to fire. Not my fault 4 million "conservative" dopes couldn't vote with any intelligence. When someone else becomes the GOP nominee and promises fiscal probity without gutting the military and bloating the govt I'd have no problem voting for him or her, no matter the race color or creed.

All Pro
    Reagan taxed Cap gains and income at the same rate. Cash in a public company is shareholder value and will be taxed at some point. Thank Bill Clinton for taxing income at a higher rate and taxing gains at a lower rate.
    The Clinton increase fell on everyone and stunted economic growth until (R) took Congress. As a newlywed who just bought a house that was as welcome as this years hike....

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    The Clinton increase fell on everyone and stunted economic growth until (R) took Congress. As a newlywed who just bought a house that was as welcome as this years hike....
    Absolutely and the Bush 1 compromise on taxes with the Democrats got him 1 term. Notice Obama had the good sense to not raise taxes until after he was elected to a second term.

All Pro
    Absolutely and the Bush 1 compromise on taxes with the Democrats got him 1 term. Notice Obama had the good sense to not raise taxes until after he was elected to a second term.
    That's the strategery going forward, say you are "moderate" until you are locked in then be your usual radical self.

At least for (D)... all the "radicalization" that (R) "will do when they get in" never happens