Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: How Does Jets Nation Feel About Scott Pioli?

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,744
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    I am not advocating for him, or against him, for that matter. But he is now available and has had some success. He has also been a part of this organization at one time. So I am curious to read what the consensus is out there for him.
    He would make a great usher in Section 101. Otherwise, no.

    He created a train wreck in KC. How does that make him qualified to run the Jets?

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    He would make a great usher in Section 101. Otherwise, no.

    He created a train wreck in KC. How does that make him qualified to run the Jets?
    Well if you look at it that way he fits in perfectly...

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by JETFAN1; 01-04-2013 at 04:22 PM.

  3. #23

  4. #24
    No thanks.

    New, young blood would be best.

  5. #25
    NO NO NO NO NO

    This story coming from KC is just too bizarre, I wouldn't hire this guy.

    http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/14...nover-off.html

  6. #26
    I don't want anyone that's part of the Parcells tree.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,865
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post

    Tom Brady is a better "jobs program" than the US Government could ever devise. He has saved Belichick, got OC Josh McDaniels a Head Coaching job, got a very average Deion Branch a Super Bowl MVP award, etc. The Tom Brady "halo effect" is huge. Pioli was just one of the many beneficiaries.

    awful post
    Set me straight. You don't think Tom Brady has made a ton of average or good people seem great???
    Last edited by jetstream23; 01-04-2013 at 05:44 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    How Does Jets Nation Feel About Scott Pioli?
    Perhaps you should ask them.. I hear they are still at www.*********.com

    Here at Jets Insider, I do not favor Scott Pioli as our next GM. His lack of success without the Brady/Bellichek combination is concerning.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    He created a train wreck in KC. How does that make him qualified to run the Jets?
    Because Pioli has an insanely good track record prior to that. Steven Spielberg directed Indiana Jones 4 - does that make him unqualified to be a director?
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 01-04-2013 at 11:24 PM.

  10. #30
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    We just need to hire him to keep him from going back to New England.

    They haven't won a thing since he left.

    SAR I

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Perhaps you should ask them.. I hear they are still at www.*********.com

    Here at Jets Insider, I do not favor Scott Pioli as our next GM. His lack of success without the Brady/Bellichek combination is concerning.
    Pioli drafted Brady. Before his glory years in New England he was the director of pro personnel with the Jets during the Parcells years and was partially responsible for us going from 1-15 to 12-4 and AFCG two years later.


    Pioli made 2 bad mistakes in KC which ruined his tenure there (Cassell, Haley) that said I think he deserves another shot and could actually help us acquire talent on offense.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We just need to hire him to keep him from going back to New England.

    They haven't won a thing since he left.

    SAR I
    The Patsy's drafting has gone to sh*t since Pioli left. Not a coincidence.

  13. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,115
    Chiefs fans were paying out of their own pockets to fly banners over the stadium to fire this turd. Many of the fans that actually showed up were wearing black to the games instead of the usual red in protest. How some of you can be even remotely interested in Pioli is mind-boggling.

  14. #34
    Yeah absolutely not, Pioli's a joke...I laughed almost as hard as when Cimini suggested Jerry Angelo as a GM candidate when I heard Pioli's name mentioned...I think a lot of Jets fans need to stop thinking like the old organization that in various times throughout history had no idea what they were doing...

    The Jets are looking at GREAT candidates, and word is Tom Gamble is their top target so I'm just hoping for him and if that falls through I want Marc Ross or David Caldwell (although I heard it's pretty much a done deal for him in Jacksonville)...if they hire anyone but those 3 it will be a disappointment in my eyes

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,740
    Hell no

    Why anyone would want a former GM or coach from New England is beyond me.

    All of these guys blow after they leave Foxboro.

    It should be clear to everyone by now that it has always been Belichick and Kraft calling the shots up north.


    Bring in Gamble or Caldwell

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Hell no

    Why anyone would want a former GM or coach from New England is beyond me.

    All of these guys blow after they leave Foxboro.

    It should be clear to everyone by now that it has always been Belichick and Kraft calling the shots up north.


    Bring in Gamble or Caldwell
    How do you feel about Dimitroff?

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,740
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    How do you feel about Dimitroff?
    Forgot about Dimitroff

    Excellent GM

    Still doesn't change the fact that 99% of coaches and executives from New England have fallen flat on their faces once they've left for a promotion.

  18. #38
    The NFL's random and finicky enough that you can be unpopular with a bad track record and still wind up somewhere and do well.

    I don't think it's quite random enough that the most hated executive in the league can do a good job with the Jets.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Forgot about Dimitroff

    Excellent GM

    Still doesn't change the fact that 99% of coaches and executives from New England have fallen flat on their faces once they've left for a promotion.
    How many of them drafted Brady? Or provided Belichick players on defense that led to 18-1 season and 3 Super Bowls? Drafted Seymour, Wilfork, Mayo, Matt Light, Asante Samuel, traded for Welker, signed Koeppen as UFA - ever wonder why the Pats haven't had a good draft since 2008? Or helped Parcells take the Jets from 1-15 to 12-4 in less than 2 years?


    It's easy to dismiss Pioli as a joke because he missed badly with Cassell in KC. You want a NFL GM with a perfect record? No such thing exists.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 01-05-2013 at 02:54 AM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Set me straight. You don't think Tom Brady has made a ton of average or good people seem great???
    Sure he has..but Belichick isnt one of them. It just sounds silly and homerish when people say that.

    Educate yourself on belichicks backstory before making idiotic comments. **** like this makes our entire fanbase look like morons.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us