Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Does Jets Nation Feel About Scott Pioli?

How Does Jets Nation Feel About Scott Pioli?

I am not advocating for him, or against him, for that matter. But he is now available and has had some success. He has also been a part of this organization at one time. So I am curious to read what the consensus is out there for him.

Not part of Jets nation, but...

P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags
    Oh, stop with any Pioli praise. All of KC's best players were drafted by Carl Peterson.

Banned
    Would Pioli bring back Mangini?

For what?

In 4 seasons:

He picked a QB nearly as bad as Sanchez, he's gone through 2 coaches
    His team went 25-39
    They lost the only playoff game they went to (30-7)
    They have drafted in the top 5 2x (And picked in the top 5 when he started)

Frankly, I don't see any work away from the Pats that even puts him on the same level as Tannenbaum.

My first instinct is to say 'no thank you' based on his time in Kansas City. I would like to see someone post his resume in KC and NE before I dismiss the idea all together. I know he has enjoyed some success and is respected around the league.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

No thanks. Retreads are fine, but they need to have success first.

Clearly BB puts a permanent hex on anyone who leaves Foxboro.

All League
    Another guy living off Tom Brady.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    No thanks. Retreads are fine, but they need to have success first.

Clearly BB puts a permanent hex on anyone who leaves Foxboro.
    No hex....he just doesn't let them take Brady when they leave!!

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post

Frankly, I don't see any work away from the Pats that even puts him on the same level as Tannenbaum.
    Yup, anyone associated with the Pats is tainted because they had the benefit of Tom Brady (taken in the 6th round). THey fell ass backwards into an all time great QB and therefore the GM and the assistants like Mangini, Crennel, Weiss, all looked like geniuses until they left the Pats and turned out to be nothing special.

Bellichick still has an all time losing record, as head coach, in years he coached teams without Brady.

All Pro
    Pioli did a very poor job in KC.

He does not deserve another GM gig anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Yup, anyone associated with the Pats is tainted because they had the benefit of Tom Brady (taken in the 6th round). THey fell ass backwards into an all time great QB and therefore the GM and the assistants like Mangini, Crennel, Weiss, all looked like geniuses until they left the Pats and turned out to be nothing special.

Bellichick still has an all time losing record, as head coach, in years he coached teams without Brady.
    Uh. That wasn't really my point. Pioli benefited from being around Belichick (and Brady I suppose). If you think Belichick is only successful because of Brady, then you are simply delusional.

Coaches can improve and learn from an unsuccessful stint (Pete Carroll, Tom Coughlin (somewhat successful his first time around), and so forth)). But Pioli on his own has been far worse than Tannenbaum with the Jets. My commentary had nothing to do with Belichick.

All League
    do not want

Major step backwards. Pass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    Another guy living off Tom Brady.
    + 1,000,000

Tom Brady is a better "jobs program" than the US Government could ever devise. He has saved Belichick, got OC Josh McDaniels a Head Coaching job, got a very average Deion Branch a Super Bowl MVP award, etc. The Tom Brady "halo effect" is huge. Pioli was just one of the many beneficiaries.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

KC has stunk forever, the last thing I want is the guy who built that mess here. We want Gamble or Ross!

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Uh. That wasn't really my point. Pioli benefited from being around Belichick (and Brady I suppose). If you think Belichick is only successful because of Brady, then you are simply delusional.

Coaches can improve and learn from an unsuccessful stint (Pete Carroll, Tom Coughlin (somewhat successful his first time around), and so forth)). But Pioli on his own has been far worse than Tannenbaum with the Jets. My commentary had nothing to do with Belichick.
    great post

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    + 1,000,000

Tom Brady is a better "jobs program" than the US Government could ever devise. He has saved Belichick, got OC Josh McDaniels a Head Coaching job, got a very average Deion Branch a Super Bowl MVP award, etc. The Tom Brady "halo effect" is huge. Pioli was just one of the many beneficiaries.
    awful post

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I thought he just left here?

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    I am not advocating for him, or against him, for that matter. But he is now available and has had some success. He has also been a part of this organization at one time. So I am curious to read what the consensus is out there for him.
    I have no prejudice against him, but I just don't think he can do the job. I never believed he was the guy in charge in NE, just a talking head IMO. I just don't really believe we'd be getting any better than what we just fired. All those awards he got in NE? Obviously not deserved given his failure in KC.

If Tom Brady is a national job creator then Sanchez needs to be held accountable as a recession-creator. He's cost a lot of people their jobs.

NO!!!!!!!