Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Would it be OK for NYDN to out a star Jets player who's gay?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: Out him. It's news.

10 12.20%
  • No: There's a line between public and private life.

72 87.80%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would it be OK for NYDN to out a star Jets player who's gay?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's acceptable to expose a homosexual relationship or sexual preference in any circumstance it's acceptable to expose a heterosexual relationship or sexual preference.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Agree to disagree about the two examples.

I get your point, and it's a fair one. Rex is coaching in the biggest media center in the world and hasn't shied away from spotlight.
    I'd go one further...he seems to embrace it. Problem is, it's a double edged sword.

I really couldn't care less what Rex does in his personal life. It has no bearing on me and how I live my life. But when this type of bad media, especially when it makes it look like he's a staunch Sanchez supporter, and the Jets are in the midst of trying to right this badly overturned ship by hiring a good, professional GM, it pisses me off. The last thing the Jets, as an entire organization, need right now is bad publicity. Just shut your mouths, keep your noses clean, don't rock the boat you're trying to right and concentrate on hiring the best man for the job. It doesn't help if you may potentially scare the right man for the job away, though. This goes for potential GM's, OC's and DC's.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
    I'd go one further...he seems to embrace it. Problem is, it's a double edged sword.

I really couldn't care less what Rex does in his personal life. It has no bearing on me and how I live my life. But when this type of bad media, especially when it makes it look like he's a staunch Sanchez supporter, and the Jets are in the midst of trying to right this badly overturned ship by hiring a good, professional GM, it pisses me off. The last thing the Jets, as an entire organization, need right now is bad publicity. Just shut your mouths, keep your noses clean, don't rock the boat you're trying to right and concentrate on hiring the best man for the job. It doesn't help if you may potentially scare the right man for the job away, though. This goes for potential GM's, OC's and DC's.
    If he has had the tattoo for years (presumably before becoming Jets coach, based on earlier tweet by Cimini, then I'm not really sure how Rex is to blame here.

He got a tattoo years ago. Then after a bad season he went on vacation, and reporter saw tattoo and photographed it. I mean. Are you saying Rex brought attention to himself by taking his shirt off on the beach?

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Who are we talking about?
    It could be the Tight End.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I thought being gay wasn't tattoo anymore.

Fixed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    If he has had the tattoo for years (presumably before becoming Jets coach, based on earlier tweet by Cimini, then I'm not really sure how Rex is to blame here.

He got a tattoo years ago. Then after a bad season he went on vacation, and reporter saw tattoo and photographed it. I mean. Are you saying Rex brought attention to himself by taking his shirt off on the beach?
    In less he was psychic how he did get the Sanchez one before he was Jet HC..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I know a women that Cimini is banging that's not his wife.. And that's a fact..
    That would be great but you'd be crucified... doesn't seem to work both ways.

When that ahole newspaper published the interactive map of addresses of people with gun permits it was fine.

When people retaliated with interactive maps of the where the newspaper staff lived they got shut down.

go figure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    That would be great but you'd be crucified... doesn't seem to work both ways.

When that ahole newspaper published the interactive map of addresses of people with gun permits it was fine.

When people retaliated with interactive maps of the where the newspaper staff lived they got shut down.

go figure.
    I'm not the only one here that knows about Cimini.. Unfortunately the women in question is a friend of mine.. Great person terrible taste in men.. The media had no problem pointing out BB's affair..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In less he was psychic how he did get the Sanchez one before he was Jet HC..
    At least one person (Cimini) is reporting that he's had the tattoo for years, I would assume that meant before he was even on the Jets. Maybe his wife was an athlete and wore #6, who knows.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    At least one person (Cimini) is reporting that he's had the tattoo for years, I would assume that meant before he was even on the Jets. Maybe his wife was an athlete and wore #6, who knows.
    Maybe Werblin is on to something..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    I think it's acceptable to expose a homosexual relationship or sexual preference in any circumstance it's acceptable to expose a heterosexual relationship or sexual preference.
    I strongly disagree. There have been many studies that show that a gay male will experience difficulties being gay in an environment such as a pro locker room. By outing him you may end up limiting career opportunities for him. If the player wanted his sexual preference known, he would announce it. I always hated the radical gay position that believed that exposing prominent gay people it would make it easier for other people to come out.
    Last edited by patman; 01-04-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Not exactly. What I'm saying is that Rex is already under a HUGE amount of scrutiny. The first losing season, the QB controversy (specifically, sticking with Sanchez as long as he did), the questionable hiring of Tony S, his bumbling press conferences, his "prediction" of a top 5 defense, his comments about this being the best Jets team he's ever had, etc. To top that off, his GM gets fired, a press conference is scheduled, gets cancelled, and gets put off until next week, which breaks NFL rules and really pisses of the media hyena's salivating for some scraps to turn into stories.

With all that said, and knowing how the media is, one of the last places I'd go is a VERY public place, on the biggest resort in one of the most popular winter vacation spots, with a tattoo on my arm depicting my wife wearing the jersey of a QB, whom I've been very controversially backing all year, that suspiciously looks like she's "Tebowing", for any person to photograph, whether it be media or some clown that posts said picture to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. You have to be aware. Think ahead. If I were Rex, go ahead...vacation. But I would've done it at a more private location.

But that's just me.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I know a women that Cimini is banging that's not his wife.. And that's a fact..
    ????

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Not exactly. What I'm saying is that Rex is already under a HUGE amount of scrutiny. The first losing season, the QB controversy (specifically, sticking with Sanchez as long as he did), the questionable hiring of Tony S, his bumbling press conferences, his "prediction" of a top 5 defense, his comments about this being the best Jets team he's ever had, etc. To top that off, his GM gets fired, a press conference is scheduled, gets cancelled, and gets put off until next week, which breaks NFL rules and really pisses of the media hyena's salivating for some scraps to turn into stories.

With all that said, and knowing how the media is, one of the last places I'd go is a VERY public place, on the biggest resort in one of the most popular winter vacation spots, with a tattoo on my arm depicting my wife wearing the jersey of a QB, whom I've been very controversially backing all year, that suspiciously looks like she's "Tebowing", for any person to photograph, whether it be media or some clown that posts said picture to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. You have to be aware. Think ahead. If I were Rex, go ahead...vacation. But I would've done it at a more private location.

But that's just me.
    AKA Devil's advocate...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    AKA Devil's advocate...
    Or dumbass. I'd accept both

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Or dumbass. I'd accept both
    Too late Nostradumbass is already claimed by many SOJF's of the Chicken Little Brigade..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see any connection.

There is no connection.

The tattoo is on his arm. He chose to not wear a shirt in a public environment. End of story.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would be ok if CNN did it...if it was Fox News, possible hate crime.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not the only one here that knows about Cimini.. Unfortunately the women in question is a friend of mine.. Great person terrible taste in men.. The media had no problem pointing out BB's affair..
    I hope Cimini's wife doesn't read these boards.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    ????

Well, my penis is just for show now...