Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prediction: New GM Tom Gamble will be on the podium for Tuesday presser

Veteran

Prediction: New GM Tom Gamble will be on the podium for Tuesday presser

I'm trying to make sense out this whole Tuesday business. I think Tuesday we'll be introducing Tom Gamble as our New GM.

1 - Korn/Ferry must have been working on this for a while. I'm sure they reached out to candidates to gauge interest (not sure if this constitutes Tampering), but as soon as the Jets were given permission, there must have been heavy conversations. Search firms normally due extensive interviews with candidates before trying to place anyone. There must be significant interest before sending a candidate on an interview. I really believe that Gamble wants the job and if he hits the interview, the job is his. Why else would Woody pay them $200K?

2 - Having the new GM on the podium TOTALLY changes the nature of the presser. In essence, Woody and Rex would be off the hook. The whole presser is about going forward, not looking back. Sure they would still have to answer some questions, but the Focus will not be on them.

3 - This whole silence from the organization is too un-Jet like. Something is up.

4 - Rex in the Bahamas? Gotta be a reason he staying as far away as possible. Woody doesn't want him around to spoil anything.

5 - Gamble has been leaked as the likely candidate.

6 - Bill Polian pushing Gamble for the job - isn't it convenient that that leaked out??

I know trying to make sense out of anything Jet related is probably a waste of brain matter, but I'm calling it. Tom Gamble new JET GM - introduced on Tuesday!!
    Last edited by norm428; 01-04-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: added content

good post, sounds like a great plan! Guess we will know more over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    I'm trying to make sense out this whole Tuesday business. I think Tuesday we'll be introducing Tom Gamble as our New GM.

1 - Korn/Ferry must have been working on this for a while. I'm sure they reached out to candidates to gauge interest (not sure if this constitutes Tampering), but as soon as the Jets were given permission, there must have been heavy conversations. Search firms normally due extensive interviews with candidates before trying to place anyone. There must be significant interest before sending a candidate on an interview. I really believe that Gamble wants the job and if he hits the interview, the job is his. Why else would Woody pay them $200K?

2 - Having the new GM on the podium TOTALLY changes the nature of the presser. In essence, Woody and Rex would be off the hook. The whole presser is about going forward, not looking back. Sure they would still have to answer some questions, but the Focus will not be on them.

3 - This whole silence from the organization is too un-Jet like. Something is up.

4 - Rex in the Bahamas? Gotta be a reason he staying as far away as possible. Woody doesn't want him around to spoil anything.

I know trying to make sense out of anything Jet related is probably a waste of brain matter, but I'm calling it. Tom Gamble new JET GM - introduced on Tuesday!!
    It's a bit of a longshot, but it's possible.

Hall Of Fame
    If Gamble is the Jets guy, then they can not allow him to leave Florham Park without signing the deal. Do what the Chiefs did with Andy Reid.

All Pro

Where?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Where?
    The Media said new GM for the jets could be a Gamble..

Where?
    It's been reported by people that he is at the top of the Jets list. Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com also predicted Gamble will come here when he predicted all the different position changes throughout the NFL.

question: do the Jets have to wait until SF's season is officially over before they can hire Gamble?

or does that only apply to coaches?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    question: do the Jets have to wait until SF's season is officially over before they can hire Gamble?

or does that only apply to coaches?
    I think he can go with SFs permission. From SFs perspective they do not need Gamble for this playoff run. However if I were Gamble I would be sticking around til its over. Why miss out on a potential SB?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I think he can go with SFs permission. From SFs perspective they do not need Gamble for this playoff run. However if I were Gamble I would be sticking around til its over. Why miss out on a potential SB?
    He would still be part of anything surrounding the 49'ers this season..

What he could do is tell Woody that he will sign here but wait until the Niners are done in the postseason. Like an unwritten contract.

Sort of like when college coaches coach the bowl game with their original team and they going to leave for another team.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I believe Gamble is being Interviewed today not tomorrow and said Sat. just to throw the press off & if that': the case it will probably be leaked out, by a anonymous source sometime this Afternoon.

All Pro
    In that case it sounds like Woody told Rex to go take a vacation while they work out the details of getting Gamble here and to come back for the presser Tuesday to appear with his new boss.

And the media bites on the tattoo and creates the necessary diversion.

Schluberator & Gadfly

No. 4 worked out real well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    I believe Gamble is being Interviewed today not tomorrow and said Sat. just to throw the press off & if that': the case it will probably be leaked out, by a anonymous source sometime this Afternoon.
    Your unnecessary capitalization irks me.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    In that case it sounds like Woody told Rex to go take a vacation while they work out the details of getting Gamble here and to come back for the presser Tuesday to appear with his new boss.

And the media bites on the tattoo and creates the necessary diversion.
    Interesting to find out who is paying for that. The Jets or Rex?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    I think it was reported (or tweeted) that the Jets were interviewing Dave Caldwell today. He wouldn't be a bad hire, either.

If he's accepted the NYJ GM job in principal...he needs to be with the Jets organization, as soon as he's given permission to do so by the 49ers. Cause some of the decisions for OC and QB coach, etc...may need to be acted upon quickly. Or some of these candidates, that Gamble may be very interested in, could be grabbed by other teams...before the 49ers are out of playoffs, or are hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. As for HC...I'm assuming that Rex is still going to be here, as Woody has told us.

First of all, I hope the OP is right. But i still think the "keeping Rex" stipulation will turn Gamble (and other top tier candidates away). Just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If Gamble is the Jets guy, then they can not allow him to leave Florham Park without signing the deal. Do what the Chiefs did with Andy Reid.
    sec.101row23 is bang on.....this needs to happen if Woody is serious about this guy.