Thread: Wildcard round predictions

Wildcard round predictions

Hey there actually is football this weekend (and non-Jets football so it might actually be high quality)

Texans 20 Bengals 17 - gone back and forth on this one. I think the Texans have just fallen apart but I can't take Dalton on the road, too shaky right now. Bengals +4.5 is a great bet though

Packers 31 Vikings 24 - Packers D and Peterson will keep it close but Rodgers and his weapons get it done

Ravens 30 Colts 13 - Ravens are a good bet to win and cover (-7). Colts a terrible road team, Luck is turnover prone, and the Ray Lewis retirement will have that crowd in a frenzy. Colts cinderella story dies hard

Seahawks 27 Redskins 20 - game of the weekend. Seahawks too much of a machine right now. Both QBs play well, but the Seahawks D makes some plays

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Hey there actually is football this weekend (and non-Jets football so it might actually be high quality)

Texans 20 Bengals 17 - gone back and forth on this one. I think the Texans have just fallen apart but I can't take Dalton on the road, too shaky right now. Bengals +4.5 is a great bet though

Packers 31 Vikings 24 - Packers D and Peterson will keep it close but Rodgers and his weapons get it done

Ravens 30 Colts 13 - Ravens are a good bet to win and cover (-7). Colts a terrible road team, Luck is turnover prone, and the Ray Lewis retirement will have that crowd in a frenzy. Colts cinderella story dies hard

Seahawks 27 Redskins 20 - game of the weekend. Seahawks too much of a machine right now. Both QBs play well, but the Seahawks D makes some plays
    I pretty much agree with this, though the Pack D is not playing well and I could see the Vikes pulling it out if Ponder can convert enough 3d downs to let AP do his thing. My prediction is that of all the great RB's playing in this round, Ray Rice will outrush them all.

Packers Win
    Texans Win
    Ravens Win
    Seahawks Win

Vikings Lose
    Colts Lose
    Bengals Lose
    Redskins Lose

Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    I pretty much agree with this, though the Pack D is not playing well and I could see the Vikes pulling it out if Ponder can convert enough 3d downs to let AP do his thing. My prediction is that of all the great RB's playing in this round, Ray Rice will outrush them all.
    I wouldn't trust Ponder on the road. Yes, they played well in week 17 in the dome, but I heard on the radio this morning the gametime temperature will be in the teens and Ponder has never played a game under 40 degrees before. Not to mention he just isn't very good

I agree Rice should have a monster day

Cincy 23 Texans 13......Bengals better than we think.
    Packers 38 Vikings 13.........Hmmmn, Rodgers vs Ponder. Let me think for a minute.
    Ravens 31 Colts 13........Not in Kansas anymore Toto. But a great, great season for Colts. They're back!
    Redskins 23 Seahags 20........two rookie QB's, take the one playing at home.Plus, just can't root for Pete Carrol.

Bonus Game.......ND 20 Alabama 16...... is it just me, or after watching the bowl games, is SEC just a tad overrated this year?

All about the $$ (story lines) so I predict a highly FIXED playoff setting up Manning vs. Old Team . ..Brady vs. Manning . ...
    RGIII advances. ....Packers faithful. ....

Texans 27
    Bengals 13

Colts 23
    Ravens 20 OT

Packers 45
    Vikings 27

Skins 23
    Seattle 21
    Last edited by NewYorkSackExchange; 01-04-2013 at 07:22 PM.

The only home team to win this weekend will be the Packers.

Somehow I'm thinking the Bengals beat Houston. Just haven't been all that impressed by the Texans this season.

Veteran
    GB 38-13
    CIN 20-17
    WAS 13-10
    BAL 31-17

Quote Originally Posted by STL Jet fan View Post
    The only home team to win this weekend will be the Packers.
    reminded me of: "3 home teams...and the f*ckin jets!"

oh the good old days lol

Green Bay

Houston

Indy

Seattle Big

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Houston -4 1/2 and the over (42 1/2)
    GB -7 1/2 and the over (46)
    Colts +7 and the under (47)
    Seattle -3 and the over (45 1/2)

Houston over Cincinnati
    Green Bay over Minnesota
    Baltimore over Indianapolis
    Seattle over Washington

AFC:

Houston over Cinci
    Baltimore over Indy

NFC:
    Green Bay over Minn
    Washington over Seattle (toughest game of the weekend to predict)

Cincinnati + 4.5 over Houston.

Houston should win the game but this will be a lot closer than people think. Cinci is vastly underrated and Houston playing like sh*t as of late. Don't be surprised with an upset here. Take the Over in this game. I do not recommend you give the points on this one. This could easily be a 3 point or less game.

Green Bay -7.5 over Minnesota.

This should be a phenomenal game just like last week, but in the end Aaron Rodgers picks Minnesota apart. Adrian Peterson carries the team on his back, but falls short. ADP is the NFL MVP this year. Take Green Bay and give the points. Definitely the Over as well.

Baltimore -7 over Indi.

Baltimore will dispense with Indi and rookie Luck in a hostile environment. Luck on the road vs a fired up defense? Not a chance. This is the easiest pick for me of the weekend. Take the Ravens and give the points. I'd stay away from the over/under on this one, but if you must, take the Under. Depends on how effective the Balt defense plays.

Washington +3 over Seattle.

I love Seattle, but Washington will win this game at home. Seattle on the road with the rookie QB is NOT nearly the same as Seattle at home with Wilson. Night and day, people. If the venue were Seattle, I'd tell you to take Seattle and give as many points as you want... but not in Washington. RG III will be more at ease at home and the Washington run game is a house. Redskins shock the world and send Seattle packing! OMG! Take the Redskins and the 3 points by all means and if you are compelled with Under/Over, try the Under.

Bengals 24
    Texans 27

Seahawks 23
    Redskins 20

Vikings 17
    Packers 34

Colts 19
    Ravens 27

All Pro
    Cincinnati over Houston
    Minnesota over Green Bay
    Indianapolis over Baltimore (Luck >>>>>>>>> Flacco)
    Washington over Seattle

I see 3 home wins this weekend.

Texans over Bengals - I just think JJ Watt is going to have a ball game today. He'll have at least 2 sacks and loom all day and make Dalton uncomfortable.

Vikings over Packers - They just beat them last week, and I think Adrian Peterson is on an incredibly torrid pace right now and the Packers can't do anything about it. They pull this out in my opinion.

Ravens over Colts - Ray Lewis is back and he's going to put their defense back on track. A good defense can beat Luck, and I think they will.

Redskins over Seahawks - If this game were in Seattle, the Seahawks would win. Since they're not the same team on the road, RGIII and Aldred Morris lead the Skins to victory.

Cinn vs Hou - 1 for 1

Colts and Skins are going to get stomped. Neither team has any business being in the playoffs.