Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets reach out to OC Cam Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    I'll go with my original assumption of "gross incompetence".

You don't get fired from a current division winning team without reason.
    The only incompetence is your own

As I said, coaches get fired and recycled all the time

Andy Reid is getting the red carpet treatment in KC after they couldn't get him out of town fast enough in Philly.

Sometimes the problems are beyond the coach. Cam has a very good history in San Diego, and he DID help to overhaul the Ravens offense when John Harbaugh took over. We really don't know what took place this year, but the spin that it is because he ignored his all-pro RB is crap, Rice was a stud for the last several years, Cam was also the OC.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    I'm all for Sparano getting canned, but I don't want Cam Cameron anywhere near Florham Park
    I do not think any NFL team will hire Cameron as an OC. His future, if he has one, is as a QB coach, not as OC. I'd at least interview him for the Jets soon to be open QB coach position.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    That would be false.
    A guy who's been fired from two jobs in the last five years (including the middle of this season) who's been under siege by fans for conservative playcalling?

Yeah, big upgrade.

Tout the San Diego offense if you want, but a lot of offensive coordinators would look good with an "in his prime" LT. I suppose we should be going after the Vikings OC because AD just had a 2000 yard season?

Give me someone who has a proven track record of developing QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I do not think any NFL team will hire Cameron as an OC. His future, if he has one, is as a QB coach, not as OC. I'd at least interview him for the Jets soon to be open QB coach position.
    Which is a major need for the Jets right now.

I also think it's possible that if Cam is an option and they pursue him, they may team him up with Sparano, or have Sparano coach the OL and running game?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Well that is true. 100-57 career record as an OC with Baltimore and San Diego.
    not picking a side here, but Cam Cameron used to have a pretty good rep IIRC.

All League
    Ask any San Diego fan what they think of Norv Turner, which most of this board would prefer, myself included.
    that is completely different, Norv was a HC in san diego

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    A guy who's been fired from two jobs in the last five years (including the middle of this season) who's been under siege by fans for conservative playcalling?

Yeah, big upgrade.

Tout the San Diego offense if you want, but a lot of offensive coordinators would look good with an "in his prime" LT. I suppose we should be going after the Vikings OC because AD just had a 2000 yard season?

Give me someone who has a proven track record of developing QBs.
    Cam has a proven track record developing QB's

He was fired from a HC job

And Ray Rice just came off a 2000+ total yard season and has been a stud in Baltimore. Do you or anybody know what the real issues were? Why did things change this year, as apposed to last year when the offense had progressed as Flacco had supposedly matured? Maybe Flacco has regressed?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    Who ran the offense.

If the Jets could land Norv as OC and Cam as QB coach, that would be a huge upgrade.

All League
    Who ran the offense.
    lol you obviously don't get it

why would they reach out to anyone wout the gm in place??

All League
    The ONLY reason I can think of is that no one will return their calls because everyone knows this is a one year gig with the odds of being even marginally successful ore slim and none.

What the hell could we honestly promise any potential OC candidate?

We have a QB that has been ranked in the bottom 10 in the league since he was drafted. He has led the league in turnovers three of the last four seasons in which he has averaged more than 2 per game the last two years DESPITE the fact that 3000 yards passing is like 5000 to every other QB in the league.

He is solely responsible for the last two OCs to get fired.

But if you can get him to become just a slightly below average QB than you can write your own ticket as an OC for a real team after this entire staff gets canned Jan. 2014.

lol you obviously don't get it

No, you don't.

All League
    If the Jets could land Norv as OC and Cam as QB coach, that would be a huge upgrade.
    Light years better than the Sparano/ Cavanaugh duo.

Banned
    +1

now we're talking

Jets Insider VIP
    Ummm, didn't Ray Rice lead the league, or was in the top of the league in rushing and receiving the ball the last two years? Cam Cameron was the same OC during that stretch. There could be other factors in play here that we don't know about, personnel, OL play, more weapons in the passing game, trying to put more on Flacco's shoulders...
    They have 3 pro bowl players on their OL. Flacco is having a difficult year but is still in the playoffs! He was a dropped pass from being in the SB last year. His receivers are not exactly great. If we can make excuses for Suckchez we should be able to make them for Flacco too. But why make excuses for guys being paid to win?

I'd rather we try to sign NORV TURNER for our OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    They have 3 pro bowl players on their OL. Flacco is having a difficult year but is still in the playoffs! He was a dropped pass from being in the SB last year. His receivers are not exactly great. If we can make excuses for Suckchez we should be able to make them for Flacco too. But why make excuses for guys being paid to win?
    Enough of your "excuses" garbage, it's overplayed.

Hall Of Fame
    Which is a major need for the Jets right now.

I also think it's possible that if Cam is an option and they pursue him, they may team him up with Sparano, or have Sparano coach the OL and running game?
    GTFO.

Seriously.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Light years better than the Sparano/ Cavanaugh duo.
    Agreed. It could make Sanchez very servicable for us. We are in a bind money wise. If we could draft a young QB and develop him while Sanchez played decently for a few years, Id be all for ut!