Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 130 of 130

Thread: Jets reach out to OC Cam Cameron

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by flipper14 View Post
    I'm not sure there's a coach in the NFL whose production so far exceeds his fan reputation than Cam Cameron. The guy has been awfully good for the last decade. In his 11 seasons as NFL head coach or OC, he's had three top five scoring offenses, including a top-ranked scoring offense. Even more impressive, in those 11 years his offenses have been in the top half of the league in scoring 9 times. He's done that with three different starting QBs who has averaged 3.2 years of NFL experience.

    By comparison, Jon Gruden's offenses have finished in the top HALF of the league in scoring only four times in 14 seasons. Of course, Gruden's a genius and Cameron's a moron. He just can't seem to overcome that one year in Miami.

    Also, the Ray Rice doesn't get the ball argument is one of the most overblown in sports. He's twice recorded more than 2,000 yards from scrimmage, including just last year. He's second in the NFL in touches (Arian Foster) since the beginning of the 2010 season. People like to make the same argument at times with LaDainian Tomlinson. I guess he didn't get the ball to the tune of becoming one of the most productive running backs in history. Heck, even Ronnie Brown the year Cameron was in Miami was leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage after seven games when he blew out his knee.

    As for QBs, Rivers went to the Pro Bowl in his first year as a starter under Cam. Brees went in his third. Flacco's the only QB in NFL history to make the playoffs in each of his first five seasons.

    The Ravens set the franchise record for points this year and also set the franchise record for fewest turnovers.
    This is all I need. Sign me up!!!

  2. #122
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by flipper14 View Post
    Posting positives about Cam Cameron makes me a family member?
    It is a bit odd that you just joined the board and your very first posts are a full-blown defense of Cam Cameron and you've exclusively been on this thread for the last hour.

    I can see where the other poster is coming from.

  3. #123
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,114
    Quote Originally Posted by flipper14 View Post
    Posting positives about Cam Cameron makes me a family member? So the Jets should hire someone that the fans feel "good" about rather than a guy who has consistently produced?

    Again, if Ray Rice never gets the ball how in the world is he so productive? I found it interesting that the key play for the Ravens yesterday, the 3rd-and-1 early in the fourth quarter when the Colts had cut the lead to within one score. Who got the ball? Bernard Pierce.

    Are there some games when Ravens fans can look back and say, "Man, Ray Rice should have gotten the ball more." Sure, just like every other OC in football. On the flip side, find one OC who has gotten more production out of his running backs over the last decade than Cam Cameron. I don't think you'll find one.
    Don't believe me, fine. How about Terrell Suggs? Cameron is just like Schitty. Their game planning and playcalling is so bad, that players had to call them out publicly. And yeah, I find it rather curious that you just joined and chose this particular topic to focus your attention on. A strange agenda indeed. The NY Jets are facing bigger issues than choosing an OC. They don't even have a GM yet.

    I'm sure your friend/relative Cam is a nice guy. So was Schitty. Nevertheless, this particular fan base has zero interest in Cameron ever running the Jets offense no matter how much you defend him. I hope he gets hired in Buffalo.

    http://baltimoresportsreport.com/ter...ude-20562.html
    Last edited by RoadFan; 01-07-2013 at 12:07 PM.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It is a bit odd that you just joined the board and your very first posts are a full-blown defense of Cam Cameron and you've exclusively been on this thread for the last hour.

    I can see where the other poster is coming from.
    Does it matter? The persons posts seem accurate and factual. Cameron has been very productive wherever he has gone.

  5. #125
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Does it matter? The persons posts seem accurate and factual. Cameron has been very productive wherever he has gone.
    No. I was just making an observation.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Does it matter? The persons posts seem accurate and factual. Cameron has been very productive wherever he has gone.
    All I know is that I it's not true.



    If the Jets hire Gamble, HE should be the one who is given the opportunity to get his OWN Coaches(even if he has to keep Ryan) which means HIS *OWN* OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR and not someone the Jets "IDIOTS" front-office select via eenie-meenie-miney-moe.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    All I know is that I it's not true.



    If the Jets hire Gamble, HE should be the one who is given the opportunity to get his OWN Coaches(even if he has to keep Ryan) which means HIS *OWN* OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR and not someone the Jets "IDIOTS" front-office select via eenie-meenie-miney-moe.
    You are aware that the next GM will definitely be the one to choose the next OC? Rex will be lucky to keep his job, he may have some input on who the next OC is (you obviously want them to be able to work together) but the days of Rex exercising significant influence on these types of decisions have passed.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by flipper14 View Post
    I'm not sure there's a coach in the NFL whose production so far exceeds his fan reputation than Cam Cameron. The guy has been awfully good for the last decade. In his 11 seasons as NFL head coach or OC, he's had three top five scoring offenses, including a top-ranked scoring offense. Even more impressive, in those 11 years his offenses have been in the top half of the league in scoring 9 times. He's done that with three different starting QBs who has averaged 3.2 years of NFL experience.

    By comparison, Jon Gruden's offenses have finished in the top HALF of the league in scoring only four times in 14 seasons. Of course, Gruden's a genius and Cameron's a moron. He just can't seem to overcome that one year in Miami.

    Also, the Ray Rice doesn't get the ball argument is one of the most overblown in sports. He's twice recorded more than 2,000 yards from scrimmage, including just last year. He's second in the NFL in touches (Arian Foster) since the beginning of the 2010 season. People like to make the same argument at times with LaDainian Tomlinson. I guess he didn't get the ball to the tune of becoming one of the most productive running backs in history. Heck, even Ronnie Brown the year Cameron was in Miami was leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage after seven games when he blew out his knee.

    As for QBs, Rivers went to the Pro Bowl in his first year as a starter under Cam. Brees went in his third. Flacco's the only QB in NFL history to make the playoffs in each of his first five seasons.

    The Ravens set the franchise record for points this year and also set the franchise record for fewest turnovers.
    Yeah, I don't get the Cam Cameron hate. He has a proven track record, and everywhere he's been that track record is overwhelmingly positive.

    The idea that he's grossly underused Rice when he's averaging basically 350 touches a season the last 4 regular seasons, plus god knows how many extra touches in the postseason, is bordering on comical. Using him any more would have been approaching Larry Johnson-levels of running the poor guy into the ground.

    Now, I tend to think the source is BS and hence this rumor is BS, any OC search is in its infancy stages until a GM is in place. Hell, we haven't even fired Sparano yet. But Cameron would absolutely be a fine candidate for an interview. As would Turner, as would Whisenhunt, ect.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The same Cam Cameron who had Ray Rice and refused to use him so that Joe Flacco could "air it out"?

    Yeah, that's just what we need. Didn't we go through this in 2011?
    Actually, I'd say an OC who is so committed to the pass that he ignored Ray Rice is exactly the type of offensive temperament we need to offset Rex's infatuation with the "Ground and Pound". Is Martz available?

    Seriously, though, I like the fact that we are looking at pass-first coordinators.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    You are aware that the next GM will definitely be the one to choose the next OC? Rex will be lucky to keep his job, he may have some input on who the next OC is (you obviously want them to be able to work together) but the days of Rex exercising significant influence on these types of decisions have passed.

    You are aware that these are the JETS?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us