Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jets reach out to OC Cam Cameron

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

This is the same sh*t we lauded Schitty for when we first hired him.
    Except Cam was the OC... Schotty was just a QB coach.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Except Cam was the OC... Schotty was just a QB coach.
    I would think a QB coach has more to do with actually developing a QB than does the OC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Steiny is a garbage source. Dump.
    Agreed, hes some 18 year old kid. I doubt the Jets are doing all this "reaching out" when their HC is on vacation and they don't have a GM yet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I would think a QB coach has more to do with actually developing a QB than does the OC.

The OC is the one calling the plays and has the biggest factor on how the QB does.

QB stats under Cam Cameron

2002-Drew Brees 17 TD 16 INT, 77 QB rating 61%, 2,284 yards 6.24 YPA
    2003-Drew Brees 11 TD 15 INT, 68 QB rating, 58%, 2,108 yards, 5.92 YPA
    2004-Drew Brees 27 TD 7 INT, 105 QB rating, 66%, 3,159 yards, 7.90 YPA
    2005-Drew Brees 24 TD 15 INT, 89 QB rating, 65%, 3,576 yards, 7.15 YPA

2006-Philip Rivers 22 TD 9 INT, 92 QB rating, 62%, 3,388 yards, 7.37 YPA

2008-Joe Flacco 14 TD 12 INT, 80 QB rating, 60%, 2,971 yards, 6.94 YPA
    2009-Joe Flacco 21 TD 12 INT, 89 QB rating, 63%, 3,613 yards, 7.24 YPA
    2010-Joe Flacco 25 TD 10 INT, 94 QB rating, 63%, 3,622 yards, 7.41 YPA
    2011-Joe Flacco 20 TD 12 INT, 81 QB rating, 58%, 3,610 yards, 6.66 YPA
    2012-Joe Flacco 22 TD 10 INT, 88 QB rating, 60%, 3,817 yards, 7.19 YPA

Not bad QB production.
    Last edited by k.Rhodes25; 01-04-2013 at 11:08 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The OC is the one calling the plays and has the biggest factor on how the QB does.

QB stats under Cam Cameron

2002-Drew Brees 17 TD 16 INT, 77 QB rating 61%, 2,284 yards 6.24 YPA
    2003-Drew Brees 11 TD 15 INT, 68 QB rating, 58%, 2,108 yards, 5.92 YPA
    2004-Drew Brees 27 TD 7 INT, 105 QB rating, 66%, 3,159 yards, 7.90 YPA
    2005-Drew Brees 24 TD 15 INT, 89 QB rating, 65%, 3,576 yards, 7.15 YPA

2006-Philip Rivers 22 TD 9 INT, 92 QB rating, 62%, 3,388 yards, 7.37 YPA

2008-Joe Flacco 14 TD 12 INT, 80 QB rating, 60%, 2,971 yards, 6.94 YPA
    2009-Joe Flacco 21 TD 12 INT, 89 QB rating, 63%, 3,613 yards, 7.24 YPA
    2010-Joe Flacco 25 TD 10 INT, 94 QB rating, 63%, 3,622 yards, 7.41 YPA
    2011-Joe Flacco 20 TD 12 INT, 81 QB rating, 58%, 3,610 yards, 6.66 YPA
    2012-Joe Flacco 22 TD 10 INT, 88 QB rating, 60%, 3,817 yards, 7.19 YPA

Not bad QB production.
    This board is so infatuated with stats.

Let's compare Brees' stats at NO vs. SD. I would argue that he really developed as a QB after he got to NO.

And John Ramsdell is credited with developing Philip Rivers. Not Cam Cameron.

Those of you who would be happy with Cam Cameron, that's your prerogative. I personally hope he's not hired.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This board is so infatuated with stats.

Let's compare Brees' stats at NO vs. SD. I would argue that he really developed as a QB after he got to NO.

And John Ramsdell is credited with developing Philip Rivers. Not Cam Cameron.

Those of you who would be happy with Cam Cameron, that's your prerogative. I personally hope he's not hired.
    I'm not saying hes my #1 choice for OC, I'm just saying hes a upgrade over Tony Sparano and Brian Schottenheimer, he also has a good history with QBs.

Cam had the hard years with Brees, the development stage, yeah he didn't open things up as much for him but they also had Marty Schottenheimer as HC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'd never know that following Matt Cavanaugh.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You'd never know that following Matt Cavanaugh.
    Ugh. He needs to go as much as anyone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh. He needs to go as much as anyone.
    I'm starting to wonder if Rex has a tat of him somewhere too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I just listened to a interview with Manish and he stands behind his claims and says its 100% accurate that Rex rather be fired if the team doesn't make a complete overhaul of its offense. He wants a new QB, new WRs, new RB, improve OL, new OC, new QB coach....ect.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not saying hes my #1 choice for OC, I'm just saying hes a upgrade over Tony Sparano and Brian Schottenheimer, he also has a good history with QBs.

Cam had the hard years with Brees, the development stage, yeah he didn't open things up as much for him but they also had Marty Schottenheimer as HC.
    Spot on!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I just listened to a interview with Manish and he stands behind his claims and says its 100% accurate that Rex rather be fired if the team doesn't make a complete overhaul of its offense. He wants a new QB, new WRs, new RB, improve OL, new OC, new QB coach....ect.
    He acts as if Sparano wasn't his own choice. Like it or not, Kerley and Hill aren't going anywhere. They are cheap. It would be foolish to bail on Hill now. Good luck dealing Holmes. Not likely. Better to replace QB and Greene and focus on Oline. If somehow someway can unload Holmes, then look for a decent FA replacement and keep an eye on WRs in the draft. Replacing starting QB has to happen. Sanchez can hold the clipboard and accept his role as career back up.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Turner ran the offense.
    Turner didn't run the offense. Turner and Cameron didn't even coach together in San Diego.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure there's a coach in the NFL whose production so far exceeds his fan reputation than Cam Cameron. The guy has been awfully good for the last decade. In his 11 seasons as NFL head coach or OC, he's had three top five scoring offenses, including a top-ranked scoring offense. Even more impressive, in those 11 years his offenses have been in the top half of the league in scoring 9 times. He's done that with three different starting QBs who has averaged 3.2 years of NFL experience.

By comparison, Jon Gruden's offenses have finished in the top HALF of the league in scoring only four times in 14 seasons. Of course, Gruden's a genius and Cameron's a moron. He just can't seem to overcome that one year in Miami.

Also, the Ray Rice doesn't get the ball argument is one of the most overblown in sports. He's twice recorded more than 2,000 yards from scrimmage, including just last year. He's second in the NFL in touches (Arian Foster) since the beginning of the 2010 season. People like to make the same argument at times with LaDainian Tomlinson. I guess he didn't get the ball to the tune of becoming one of the most productive running backs in history. Heck, even Ronnie Brown the year Cameron was in Miami was leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage after seven games when he blew out his knee.

As for QBs, Rivers went to the Pro Bowl in his first year as a starter under Cam. Brees went in his third. Flacco's the only QB in NFL history to make the playoffs in each of his first five seasons.

The Ravens set the franchise record for points this year and also set the franchise record for fewest turnovers.
    Last edited by flipper14; 01-07-2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: mistake

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a fan of Cameron, but Cameron will look like Bill Walsh in comparison to Sparano.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason this is ridiculous is that what manish is saying Rex wants isnt even possible.

We can draft probably 1 lineman, 1 RB and 1 WR MAXIMUM this year in the entire draft if we want to have any semblanace of getting value and filling holes for this team.

Look at the teams left in the league now. Does anyone really think that Powell wouldnt be starting for GB, and splitting carries/starting over Moreno in Denver? He is a good player (not great) who was used terribly by the Jets.

How about jeremy kerley? Would he not be the starter opposite andre johnson in houston and possibly starting and at mimimum splitting reps with golden tate? Would he not be the 3rd WR on Denver, New England, Atlanta?

Our offensive talent is not in the top groups in the league, but we have no idea what these guys are capable of given the fact that they played with the 31st ranked QB in the NFL this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flipper14 View Post
    I'm not sure there's a coach in the NFL whose production so far exceeds his fan reputation than Cam Cameron. The guy has been awfully good for the last decade. In his 11 seasons as NFL head coach or OC, he's had three top five scoring offenses, including a top-ranked scoring offense. Even more impressive, in those 11 years his offenses have been in the top half of the league in scoring 9 times. He's done that with three different starting QBs who has averaged 3.2 years of NFL experience.

By comparison, Jon Gruden's offenses have finished in the top HALF of the league in scoring only four times in 14 seasons. Of course, Gruden's a genius and Cameron's a moron. He just can't seem to overcome that one year in Miami.

Also, the Ray Rice doesn't get the ball argument is one of the most overblown in sports. He's twice recorded more than 2,000 yards from scrimmage, including just last year. He's second in the NFL in touches (Arian Foster) since the beginning of the 2010 season. People like to make the same argument at times with LaDainian Tomlinson. I guess he didn't get the ball to the tune of becoming one of the most productive running backs in history. Heck, even Ronnie Brown the year Cameron was in Miami was leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage after seven games when he blew out his knee.

As for QBs, Rivers went to the Pro Bowl in his first year as a starter under Cam. Brees went in his third. Flacco's the only QB in NFL history to make the playoffs in each of his first five seasons.

The Ravens set the franchise record for points this year and also set the franchise record for fewest turnovers.
    Thank you new JI poster and Cameron friend/family member.
    I am not going to argue with you. I saw enough Raven games to know that "Rice not getting the ball enough" is not overblown. Ravens fans hated Cameron, and for good reason. Jets fans had a guy always looking to fool opponents unnecessarily to show how clever he is. Brian Schittenheimer. The Jets have alienated their fan base and they cannot sell the idea of Cameron as the new OC to their fans. Bringing in a despised retread while facing a coup d'etat is a poor idea.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Thank you new JI poster and Cameron friend/family member.
    I am not going to argue with you. I saw enough Raven games to know that "Rice not getting the ball enough" is not overblown. Ravens fans hated Cameron, and for good reason. Jets fans had a guy always looking to fool opponents unnecessarily to show how clever he is. Brian Schittenheimer. The Jets have alienated their fan base and they cannot sell the idea of Cameron as the new OC to their fans. Bringing in a despised retread while facing a coup d'etat is a poor idea.
    Posting positives about Cam Cameron makes me a family member? So the Jets should hire someone that the fans feel "good" about rather than a guy who has consistently produced?

Again, if Ray Rice never gets the ball how in the world is he so productive? I found it interesting that the key play for the Ravens yesterday, the 3rd-and-1 early in the fourth quarter when the Colts had cut the lead to within one score. Who got the ball? Bernard Pierce.

Are there some games when Ravens fans can look back and say, "Man, Ray Rice should have gotten the ball more." Sure, just like every other OC in football. On the flip side, find one OC who has gotten more production out of his running backs over the last decade than Cam Cameron. I don't think you'll find one.
    Last edited by flipper14; 01-07-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: mistake

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flipper14 View Post
    Posting positives about Cam Cameron makes me a family member? So the Jets should hire someone that the fans feel "good" about rather than a guy who has consistently produced?

Again, if Ray Rice never gets the ball how in the world is he so productive? I found it interesting that the key play for the Ravens yesterday, the 3rd-and-1 early in the fourth quarter when the Colts had cut the lead to within one score. Who got the ball? Bernard Pierce.

Are there some games when Ravens fans can look back and say, "Man, Ray Rice should have gotten the ball more." Sure, just like every other OC in football. On the flip side, find one OC who has gotten more production out of his running backs over the last decade than Cam Cameron. I don't think you'll find one.

Cam Cameron didn't see eye-to-eye with Flacco (Flacco wanted to air it out more)....that's why he was fired.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The reason this is ridiculous is that what manish is saying Rex wants isnt even possible.

We can draft probably 1 lineman, 1 RB and 1 WR MAXIMUM this year in the entire draft if we want to have any semblanace of getting value and filling holes for this team.

Look at the teams left in the league now. Does anyone really think that Powell wouldnt be starting for GB, and splitting carries/starting over Moreno in Denver? He is a good player (not great) who was used terribly by the Jets.

How about jeremy kerley? Would he not be the starter opposite andre johnson in houston and possibly starting and at mimimum splitting reps with golden tate? Would he not be the 3rd WR on Denver, New England, Atlanta?

Our offensive talent is not in the top groups in the league, but we have no idea what these guys are capable of given the fact that they played with the 31st ranked QB in the NFL this year.
    Exactly.

Kerley, Powell, Mangold, Dbrick, Holmes, Braylon, S. Hill make a relatively decent start to an offense.

Howard was serviceable and one of Moore, Ducasse and Slausson at G Is also good enough. The Jets need to spend 90 percent of their focus on settling their QB situation (Either via FA or the draft) the other ten percent on landing an upgrade at one of the Guard spots. If they do a good job with those two spots our offense can become an asset overnight.