Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: If not Jax, will any team be interested...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    You're wrong buddy. The Broncos going 1-4 to start that season is a testament to how awful a QB Kyle Orton and is getting over whatever residual they had from Josh McDaniel's disastrous tenure as a HC.

That Denver team that the media and people like you credit Tebow with had a stacked defense, excellent OL and Decker and Thomas were very good up and coming playmakers. Manning knew this. Elway knew this and didn't want to continue to waste it with a Fullback pretending to be a NFL QB.
    Decker and Demaryius Thomas didn't have 50 NFL catches between them last year when Tebow took over. In short, they were both about like Stephen Hill was this year, raw talent with a lot of future upside.

Even with that said, go back and look at DT's production in his last 5 games and compare that to what he is averaging now with Manning. Newsflash for you, it's not that different.

The defense wasn't stacked at all. If you go look now, you'll see that 9 of the starters on D this year WEREN'T starters last year. That's a 75% turnover at the starting slots. Add to this a change in defensive scheme, coupled with JDR taking over as DC.

Oline, yeah, they were great last year in run blocking. Pass Pro ? Meh, not so good (and yes, some of that had to do with Tebow holding onto the ball for too long.)

As for Elway and Manning, there are 20+ starting QBs in the league who would have found themselves out the door if Manning had come to their team. So, is that supposed to bother me or something ?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

MYTH BUSTED.

ROFL

Hilarious

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    ROFL

Hilarious
    Tebowing is cool and all, but Bradying is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they minded getting their ass utterly destroyed the following week where Tim scored a whopping 0 points.
    You can't blame any QB, especially a young one, for losing to Brady. Did I mention there was no butt fumble in that game, though?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    You can't blame any QB, especially a young one, for losing to Brady. Did I mention there was no butt fumble in that game, though?
    Since when does Brady play defense? And yes, you can blame a QB for not scoring ANY points. Are you serious? lol.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they minded getting their ass utterly destroyed the following week where Tim scored a whopping 0 points.
    Betcha they didn't mind as much as the 24 other teams that were sitting at home watching the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim Tebow Sucks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Betcha they didn't mind as much as the 24 other teams that were sitting at home watching the game.
    Considering they joined them shortly thereafter, I think they did.

Against a pathetic defense, 9/26 for 136 yards with 0 TDs. That's terrible.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since when does Brady play defense? And yes, you can blame a QB for not scoring ANY points. Are you serious? lol.
    Oh, excuse me, when the Jets lose to the Patriots of course they never say they lost to "Brady"

Oops you had a little illogical leap in deduction: I didn't say you can't blame a QB for scoring any points. Let me reword it for you: It's hard to blame a veteran QB, much less a rookie QB, for losing to the Patriots with Tom Brady as the QB of the Patriots. Regardless of whether the other QB and offense scored any touchdowns against said Patriots defense.

And of course I blame Tebow for not scoring any points. He sucked in that game, just like any rookie QB in their first 4 years. Oh oops .... Tebow didn't get 4 years. My bad.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim Tebow Sucks.
    Go play with Stafford. What are you doing on the Jets board anyway, Detroit?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, excuse me, when the Jets lose to the Patriots of course they never say they lost to "Brady"

Oops you had a little illogical leap in deduction: I didn't say you can't blame a QB for scoring any points. Let me reword it for you: It's hard to blame a veteran QB, much less a rookie QB, for losing to the Patriots with Tom Brady as the QB of the Patriots. Regardless of whether the other QB and offense scored any touchdowns against said Patriots defense.

And of course I blame Tebow for not scoring any points. He sucked in that game, just like any rookie QB in their first 4 years. Oh oops .... Tebow didn't get 4 years. My bad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Considering I never even brought up who lost, the fact that you brought up "Tim losing to Brady" is completely illogical. All I said was that he didn't even score.

Don't reflect your buttmad onto me just because your golden boy is terrible and overrated.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go play with Stafford. What are you doing on the Jets board anyway, Detroit?
    Umm. Why are you knocking him for being from somewhere else? Aren't you yourself from Jacksonville? Hypocrite.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering they joined them shortly thereafter, I think they did.

Against a pathetic defense, 9/26 for 136 yards with 0 TDs. That's terrible.
    Bears repeating that Denver made it to the final 8 teams, while 24 other teams were sitting at home watching

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bears repeating that Denver made it to the final 8 teams, while 24 other teams were sitting at home watching
    Yes, I'm sure they're extremely jealous that they don't play in a division where 8-8 is wins the division while you back yourself into the playoffs after losing your final 3 games.

In all your misguided love for Lolbow, you fail to realize that the big reasons they managed to do ANYTHING were because of their Defense and Kicker.

But, that's okay. Your boy is an irrelevant backup who's soon to be on his way to the CFL where he'll also be a backup. I'm okay with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb7D-W-QW-8

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim Tebow is not a good NFL QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim Tebow is not a good NFL QB.
    Right now? No, he is not a good NFL QB. He's terrible. Could he improve and become good in the future? Absolutely.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now? No, he is not a good NFL QB. He's terrible. Could he improve and become good in the future? Absolutely.
    Tebow could be a good waterboy someday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow could be a good waterboy someday.
    lol, Tim could absolutely become a good QB one day. If you don't think so, I really don't know what to tell you.

I'm not high on Tebowites and their adoration for him because he's currently a terrible QB, but to say he could never become is just ignorant.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Mogglez ....

Again I ask you, WHAT TEBOW FANS? There are maybe 5 of us on this board and 4 long time Jets fans who think Tebow could be good if given a chance to play.

Furthermore, if a team started Tebow and Tebow did well long term, they wouldn't have to worry about the feelings of a rookie draft QB. If Tebow turns out to be any good and becomes the established starter, any rookie QB will get the same chance behind Tebow as he would on any other NFL team.
    Im not talking about the fans on this board, how you took it that way I have no clue.

The fans im talking about are the ones that go as far as buying tickets to games waiting to scream for him the second another qb struggles. Even if that qb is a first round prospect who is expected to struggle a bit. Think there might be a few of those in Jacksonville?? Imagine this. Tebow goes to Jax. where the majority of these people are, the jags have drafted Tyler Wilson (or some other qb doesnt really matter who but lets use Wilson as an example for the heck of it), he goes out for 4 weeks and struggles a bit while showing promise. Do you want that guy dealing with "TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW" his first year of development because you want to appease a bunch of nuts who follow this guy team from team? No.

You also don't seem to be able to understand what I said. Tebow wont go there not because he cant play or cant develop, he wont go there because these new guys in charge want their OWN quarterback that they hand-picked in there. It's how the NFL works. You don't blow a first or second round pick on a QB to stick him on the bench nowadays. The only reason you might do that is to let him learn but even then he's still the future meaning Tim is only a stop-gap for a year or two and nothing more. There is no chance for Tebow to become an "established starter" if the future of the franchise is waiting in the wings.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I'm sure they're extremely jealous that they don't play in a division where 8-8 is wins the division while you back yourself into the playoffs after losing your final 3 games.

In all your misguided love for Lolbow, you fail to realize that the big reasons they managed to do ANYTHING were because of their Defense and Kicker.

But, that's okay. Your boy is an irrelevant backup who's soon to be on his way to the CFL where he'll also be a backup. I'm okay with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb7D-W-QW-8

Oh, you are wrong my friend. Defense and Prater definitely had a lot to do with the wins.

But here, let me quote future HoF'er Champ Bailey for you:

"I don't want to give him all the credit," Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey said of Tebow. "But at the same time, he comes through at crunch time every week. Every single week it's like, 'You've got to be kidding me.' It gets to the point where you say, 'What the frickin' is happening here?' "

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2H5nroJ6j
    Oh, and I've got some pictures of my own:

That's one.

Oh, wait.....

Yep, that's #2.