Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If not Jax, will any team be interested...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    he would probably do well (not on the field perhaps) for any team that is saddled with a miserable QB situation. I'm thinking AZ, KC, CLE, or JAX. Now, I don't know if those teams would take him, but if he came in, played a year at QB, could it really be worse than what they have?

He would bring media attention and fans which is what those franchises need right now, and it would mostly be positive, say what you want, but the guy doesn't really get rattled by the media, even if he was just a one year band aid.
    Is there any possibility that the guy might actually do well? Nobody gives the guy a chance in hell of being any good but what if he actually does well down in Jacksonville and finds himself a home? Nobody seems to think this is a possibility, which makes me think it will definitely happen.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the first post was meant as a goof but people took it serious. Holy smokes a 4th rounder... Cousins???? Sports radio disease has hit. If we can get a 7th, I would jump at it. We are gonna get squat for him. What a waste of picks and $. Man and people wonder why the GM was fired. Durrrrrrr. Maybe we should sign McElroy to an extension.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    he would probably do well (not on the field perhaps) for any team that is saddled with a miserable QB situation. I'm thinking AZ, KC, CLE, or JAX. Now, I don't know if those teams would take him, but if he came in, played a year at QB, could it really be worse than what they have?

He would bring media attention and fans which is what those franchises need right now, and it would mostly be positive, say what you want, but the guy doesn't really get rattled by the media, even if he was just a one year band aid.
    How will it be for any team, that's struggling mightily at the QB position, and happens to have Tebow on their roster...then they decide to spend a high draft choice on a QB prospect? Will these teams want Tebowmania hovering around their new QB investment?

Will Alex Smith...who just got bumped as starter by the 49ers for kaepernick, want to go to a team that has Tebow on their roster? Or may he look elsewhere?

I'm not saying these will be problems for sure, if Tebow is on these teams. But if I was a team looking to draft and develop a young QB prospect...I wouldn't want my new QB talent, competing in a Tebowmania environment.

JMO.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Is there any possibility that the guy might actually do well? Nobody gives the guy a chance in hell of being any good but what if he actually does well down in Jacksonville and finds himself a home? Nobody seems to think this is a possibility, which makes me think it will definitely happen.
    Now that he has been beaten down by the Jets and can't be humiliated any further many pundits are starting to admit that in the right system he can and would most likely be very successful. That was always the case.

Given a chance (which did not happen in NY because of the lack of intelligence by Jet coaches) and in the correct offensive scheme, Tebow will be a winning QB. Give it time and as Barney would say; "Wait for it".

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the Jets can't afford to get into the habit of cutting players either they don't want or who don't want to be on the team and eating the money.

He gets traded or he's a Jet
    He could play special teams, 3rd string QB, full back, wild cat option etc.
    Use him wherever.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    I thought the first post was meant as a goof but people took it serious. Holy smokes a 4th rounder... Cousins???? Sports radio disease has hit. If we can get a 7th, I would jump at it. We are gonna get squat for him. What a waste of picks and $. Man and people wonder why the GM was fired. Durrrrrrr. Maybe we should sign McElroy to an extension.
    I was just going to laugh at the thought, but if so many people still believe he's a QB then maybe one of them is a GM. It's amazing that people want Rex fired, but think Tebow is a QB. Hello...you have to be able to throw to play QB in the NFL. He'd be great on a team that only faces prevent defenses.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    How will it be for any team, that's struggling mightily at the QB position, and happens to have Tebow on their roster...then they decide to spend a high draft choice on a QB prospect? Will these teams want Tebowmania hovering around their new QB investment?

Will Alex Smith...who just got bumped as starter by the 49ers for kaepernick, want to go to a team that has Tebow on their roster? Or may he look elsewhere?

I'm not saying these will be problems for sure, if Tebow is on these teams. But if I was a team looking to draft and develop a young QB prospect...I wouldn't want my new QB talent, competing in a Tebowmania environment.

JMO.

If this draft had a stronger QB class coming out I'd agree. I don't think all of these teams are finding a sure fire starter in this draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing people are forgetting is that the Denver players wanted Tim Tebow to be their quarterback. They were proud to have him as their QB. They believed in him. It's not that he got run out of Denver by the players, he just happened to have a Hall of Fame QB as his vice president of football operations (Elway) who couldn't wrap his mind around anything but the prototypical passer that he was in his prime. It took a whole new way of thinking, and John Elway just couldn't get his mind around it.

Tebow needs to go someplace where top management and coaches CAN get their minds around it.
    Last edited by billygreen; 01-04-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

That is exactly what he found with the Jets last offseason, a team saddled with a miserable QB situation, losing fans to the other superbowl team in the same city/stadium

and "management" did not let him play 15 minutes all season, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out he has no value to this team and should be released tomorrow

any other NFL team would have started him before Thanksgiving

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing people are forgetting is that the Denver players wanted Tim Tebow to be their quarterback. They were proud to have him as their QB. They believed in him. It's not that he got run out of Denver by the players, he just happened to have a Hall of Fame QB as his vice president of football operations (Elway) who couldn't wrap his mind around anything but the prototypical passer that he was in his prime. It took a whole new way of thinking, and John Elway just couldn't get his mind around it.

Tebow needs to go someplace where top management and coaches CAN get their minds around it.
    Denver with Tebow - 8-8

Denver with Peyton - 13-3

And some Denver players like Demariyous Thomas and Eric Decker have criticized Tebow since he left the team. I don't think he was popular in the Broncos lockeroom like the media made him out to be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't trade Teblow to Jacksonville? Simple solution:

CUT THE CLOWN

Can't be that bad. I think we save $1.5 million in cap room.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    That is exactly what he found with the Jets last offseason, a team saddled with a miserable QB situation, losing fans to the other superbowl team in the same city/stadium

and "management" did not let him play 15 minutes all season, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out he has no value to this team and should be released tomorrow

any other NFL team would have started him before Thanksgiving
    Regardless how we feel about Sanchez it isn't the same. Sanchez was the starter. Tebow wasn't coming in to challenge him for the job. Jax, AZ, KC are in QB limbo

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are not trading Tebow. He is going to be released. The current HC preferred to lose games by turning the ball over 5 times than give Tebow a shot, he will not be a Jet in 2013.

We'll save $1.5M per Jason's site. That just may be enough to resign Cumberland and Edwards (if he'll take vet minimum).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    We are not trading Tebow. He is going to be released. The current HC preferred to lose games by turning the ball over 5 times than give Tebow a shot, he will not be a Jet in 2013.

We'll save $1.5M per Jason's site. That just may be enough to resign Cumberland and Edwards (if he'll take vet minimum).
    Resign Edwards and Keller and get a 3rd down back that can actually catch the ball out of the backfield and be a safety valve. Those 3 moves would significantly help our offense next season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Denver with Tebow - 8-8

And some Denver players like Demariyous Thomas and Eric Decker have criticized Tebow since he left the team. I don't think he was popular in the Broncos lockeroom like the media made him out to be.
    I'll go ahead and reply with the exact same thing I said last time you posted this bull****:

The Broncos were 1-4 before Tebow took over, they ended the season at 8-8. That puts Tebow's record with them at 7-4.

Manning's winning % ? 81.25
    Tebow's winning % 63.6%

It's a 2 game difference. If you want, I'll break the math down for you.

So, a first ballot Hall of Famer takes over a team, has some key new personnel added to the team, and they improve 2 games over what Tebow came off the bench and did the year before? IS that supposed to reflect negatively on Tebow or something ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I'll go ahead and reply with the exact same thing I said last time you posted this bull****:

The Broncos were 1-4 before Tebow took over, they ended the season at 8-8. That puts Tebow's record with them at 7-4.

Manning's winning % ? 81.25
    Tebow's winning % 63.6%

It's a 2 game difference. If you want, I'll break the math down for you.

So, a first ballot Hall of Famer takes over a team, has some key new personnel added to the team, and they improve 2 games over what Tebow came off the bench and did the year before? IS that supposed to reflect negatively on Tebow or something ?

Do the Jags have an active forum such as this for you? Have you scouted out your future NFL message board home yet? Feel free to make the most of your remaining time here. Upon Tim's release or trade, I wish you a fond farewell. It's been fun. Peace.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Denver with Tebow - 8-8
    Jets 2009 with Peyton Manning: Superbowl Win
    Jets 2010 with Peyton Manning: Superbowl Win
    See how that works?
    BFD.

Not a Tebow fan on this forum said he was better than Manning.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Jets should see if they can do Green Bay a favor and trade them Tebow for Aaron Rodgers. I mean Rodgers is OK, but Tebow....he just wins. Guy just wins!

Or maybe work out a 3 way deal with the Jets, GB, and Minny. Jets get Rodgers and ADP and GB and Minny get to somehow split Tebow. But I say leave those details up to them since we drive a hard bargain!

He shattered the mold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I've said before, I really think that if we cut Tebow and Jax. doesn't take him, I can honestly see him being out of football. Although I personally don't see him ever becoming a viable starter in this league I don't actually think that his ability to play is what will hold him back. Like someone previously said in this thread, his fans, the media, and this entire year with Jets have done nothing but harm his stock. Teams got to see just how much of a distraction the guy can be. While this isn't Tims fault at all, the whole Tebowmania thing may end up killing his career.

If you're the new GM and HC in Jacksonville, or any other rebuilt team for that matter, DO YOU want your first move to be acquiring Tim Tebow and the distraction that comes with him? Especially after you've hand picked a young QB from the draft (almost a certainty for all of the teams mentioned). That's job suicide in my eyes and I cant see any smart GM/HC tandem doing it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm doing a mash-up of my favorite posts in this thread because I agree with every one of these statements. I know you're all waiting to hear my point of view LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    The Tebowmania media obsession has done Tim Tebow...the player...a disservice. Most teams don't want any part of the disruptive media circus created by Tebow's presence.
    I also think the constant coverage by ESPN and other news agencies has caused a lot of people to hate him. Not Tebow's fault, but he's bearing the brunt of that hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Personally I'd cut Sanchez and McElroy before Tebow ... I could see Oakland, Jax, Carolina, Seattle, SF, Pitt, or NO giving him a look. ... The biggest reason I don't get us not using him was he fit the ground and pound better then the other two idiots.
    Absolutely. And one of the main reasons Rex Ryan should be fired is because he didn't take Tebow for a test drive in the last 2 games of the season, when we had nothing to lose.

Yes, it will definitely happen.

Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Now that he has been beaten down by the Jets and can't be humiliated any further many pundits are starting to admit that in the right system he can and would most likely be very successful. That was always the case.

Given a chance (which did not happen in NY because of the lack of intelligence by Jet coaches) and in the correct offensive scheme, Tebow will be a winning QB. Give it time and as Barney would say; "Wait for it".
    Yep, it's going to be legendary! Tebow was the original real deal. Folks who are now watching Manziel, RG3, Kaepernick etc. are getting to witness the magic firsthand. The same magic that Tebow created as a Gator. The new type of QB that's a lot more fun to watch than a vanilla passing game.

Oh, my bad. I forgot that 10penny told me that college stats mean nothing to NFL scouts or teams looking for draft prospects. If a QB like Tebow does good in college, it was mostly because he had to face tiny college-sized defenses. In the time between college graduation and the NFL draft, these defensive players grow 3 feet taller and 200 pounds heavier. That's why rookie NFL QBs are unable to beat these gigantic NFL defensive players.

I have a strong feeling he's going to be successful in Jacksonville or wherever he goes. This is somehow going to come back to make the Jets organization look very very stupid again.
    Probably, except that the Jets organization does a pretty good job looking stupid without any outside help. Since I'm a Jets fan now, I hope that Rex Ryan is fired sooner rather than later. He's a weak girly man.