Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 114

Thread: If not Jax, will any team be interested...

  1. #81
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Oh, you are wrong my friend. Defense and Prater definitely had a lot to do with the wins.

    But here, let me quote future HoF'er Champ Bailey for you:



    Oh, and I've got some pictures of my own:



    That's one.

    Oh, wait.....



    Yep, that's #2.



    Wow, a teammate not talking bad about his QB? WHOA! Get a clue, Demos.

    Also,



    I know you wish college achievements meant **** all in the NFL, but they don't. Even derps like Sanchez and Tebow can win titles in college.

  2. #82
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Im not talking about the fans on this board, how you took it that way I have no clue.

    The fans im talking about are the ones that go as far as buying tickets to games waiting to scream for him the second another qb struggles. Even if that qb is a first round prospect who is expected to struggle a bit. Think there might be a few of those in Jacksonville?? Imagine this. Tebow goes to Jax. where the majority of these people are, the jags have drafted Tyler Wilson (or some other qb doesnt really matter who but lets use Wilson as an example for the heck of it), he goes out for 4 weeks and struggles a bit while showing promise. Do you want that guy dealing with "TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW" his first year of development because you want to appease a bunch of nuts who follow this guy team from team? No.

    You also don't seem to be able to understand what I said. Tebow wont go there not because he cant play or cant develop, he wont go there because these new guys in charge want their OWN quarterback that they hand-picked in there. It's how the NFL works. You don't blow a first or second round pick on a QB to stick him on the bench nowadays. The only reason you might do that is to let him learn but even then he's still the future meaning Tim is only a stop-gap for a year or two and nothing more. There is no chance for Tebow to become an "established starter" if the future of the franchise is waiting in the wings.

    Makes no sense. If a team brings Tebow in, a new GM or HC isn't going to take Tyler Wilson in the draft, or any other top 5 QB. Especially given how thin this draft class is. They'd give Tebow a shot, and if he didn't work out, they'd take a QB the next year.

  3. #83
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    4,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    in our Timmy?

    We've all heard the Tebow to Jax rumors, and yes it makes the most sense, and is likely to happen somehow. I'd like the Jets to re-coup a 4th round pick for him from them.

    But will there be any other teams that will bid for his services?

    Just thinking outside the box, how about I throw these out there...

    * Tebow to the 'Skins for Kirk Cousins? Timmy could spell RG3 in their version of the read-option, saving RG3 from too many hits.

    * Same deal as above to Seattle, maybe for Flynn?

    * Chip Kelly was just hired by the Brownies. Tebow to Cleveland for a 4th rd pick.

    * Teebs the Niners for Alex Smith?

    * Tebow to Toronto for Ricky Ray? (Just fargin' with yoos. That was for BeerFish)

    Anyway, what are your thoughts?

    You guys are hilarious.. any non Elite quarterback in this anemic offense will look as bad as it did with Sanchez... Sanchez is a small part of the problem.. wake up

  4. #84
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Question for you Mogglez,

    Do you think that the Broncos minded the distraction last year when making the playoffs and winning against Pitt ? Their first trip to the playoffs since 2005 ?
    No I don't. Winning cures everything man. But it was reported that some of the players were ticked off he got all the credit correct??

    The distraction isn't there if he's chosen to start. The distraction is there when you're trying to groom a fresh QB and the fans are screaming for Tebow every time the rookie messes up, despite the fact it is expected. Don't take my post as a knock on him. But new GM's and new coaches want THEIR guys. That THEY drafted. Putting Tebow behind that QB almost sets him up for failure, ESPECIALLY IN JAX, his hometown where he made his career.

  5. #85
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    4,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Since when does Brady play defense? And yes, you can blame a QB for not scoring ANY points. Are you serious? lol.
    When you have Bob Jones, Bill Smith at WR, and the worst OC in football calling the offense, you cant blame just the QB..

  6. #86
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Im not talking about the fans on this board, how you took it that way I have no clue.

    The fans im talking about are the ones that go as far as buying tickets to games waiting to scream for him the second another qb struggles. Even if that qb is a first round prospect who is expected to struggle a bit. Think there might be a few of those in Jacksonville?? Imagine this. Tebow goes to Jax. where the majority of these people are, the jags have drafted Tyler Wilson (or some other qb doesnt really matter who but lets use Wilson as an example for the heck of it), he goes out for 4 weeks and struggles a bit while showing promise. Do you want that guy dealing with "TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW" his first year of development because you want to appease a bunch of nuts who follow this guy team from team? No.

    You also don't seem to be able to understand what I said. Tebow wont go there not because he cant play or cant develop, he wont go there because these new guys in charge want their OWN quarterback that they hand-picked in there. It's how the NFL works. You don't blow a first or second round pick on a QB to stick him on the bench nowadays. The only reason you might do that is to let him learn but even then he's still the future meaning Tim is only a stop-gap for a year or two and nothing more. There is no chance for Tebow to become an "established starter" if the future of the franchise is waiting in the wings.
    Mogglez, the fans I saw jeering at the team as they walked through the tunnel at halftime were JETS FANS. Maybe they're not the kind of Jets fans who belong to this forum, but they were JETS FANS nonetheless. Speaking of blowing a 1st or 2nd round draft pick just to stick him on the bench - you do realize that Tebow was a 1st round draft pick, right? As was Sanchez? And the head coach was too damn stubborn to let Tebow start a game so he could either put up or shut up. I'm very impressed with your NFL acumen and your ability to determine that Tebow sucks as a QB when he had possession of the ball for 2 minutes and 35 seconds as a Jet this season!

    Look, I'm tired of trying to reason with unreasonable people. It's like arguing about politics, or religion, or sex. You're never going to change your mind about Tebow, even though you haven't seen him start 1 whole game as a Jet. And I'm not changing my opinion that he has potential until I see otherwise. And the Jets had the chance to resolve the controversy once and for all by starting Tebow for a couple of games, but Rex Ryan was too gutless to do it.

    Sleep tight. I mean really tight.

  7. #87
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS View Post
    When you have Bob Jones, Bill Smith at WR, and the worst OC in football calling the offense, you cant blame just the QB..
    You realize we're not talking about Sanchez, correct?

  8. #88
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Makes no sense. If a team brings Tebow in, a new GM or HC isn't going to take Tyler Wilson in the draft, or any other top 5 QB. Especially given how thin this draft class is. They'd give Tebow a shot, and if he didn't work out, they'd take a QB the next year.
    You have no clue what they're going to do in the first round so don't say they wont. Teams that don't have quarterbacks don't really have a choice do they? Even if they take a guy in the second, that guy is expected to become the starter at some point unless he gets his shot and sucks ala Jimmy Clausen. You don't blow a first or second on a backup. That would be unheard of.

  9. #89
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    You have no clue what they're going to do in the first round so don't say they wont. Teams that don't have quarterbacks don't really have a choice do they? Even if they take a guy in the second, that guy is expected to become the starter at some point unless he gets his shot and sucks ala Jimmy Clausen. You don't blow a first or second on a backup. That would be unheard of.
    Quit being logical, damn you. You're ruining this amazing thread.

    Also, just a question: When Tebow goes to Jacksonville and Demos, Suzy, etc. follow him there to become Jag "fans", do they count as lost FAs that would get us compensatory picks?
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-05-2013 at 05:12 AM.

  10. #90
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Wow, a teammate not talking bad about his QB? WHOA! Get a clue, Demos.

    Also,



    I know you wish college achievements meant **** all in the NFL, but they don't. Even derps like Sanchez and Tebow can win titles in college.
    What trophy is that ?

  11. #91
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    What trophy is that ?
    Rose Bowl trophy. Your point? Oh, I forgot, you still think college achievements count in the NFL. lol, you're a ****ing joke. I wash my hands of you and the other Tebowite losers. Have fun cheering Tim's elite bench-warming skills in Jacksonville/CFL, lol.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NERmgwWfnoI
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-05-2013 at 05:19 AM.

  12. #92
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    You have no clue what they're going to do in the first round so don't say they wont. Teams that don't have quarterbacks don't really have a choice do they? Even if they take a guy in the second, that guy is expected to become the starter at some point unless he gets his shot and sucks ala Jimmy Clausen. You don't blow a first or second on a backup. That would be unheard of.

    Dude, it makes absolutely no sense for a new GM to take Tebow (or be saddled with him, depending on your perspective) and to then take a QB in the first round. They wouldn't even take one in the second, and probably not the third.

    If Jax ownership brings in Tebow, then it's like the situation here with Rex. GM basically gets a pass for 1 year to see how the Tebow experiment works out. If they decide that they want a young QB as a backup, he'd be a late round pickup.

  13. #93
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rose Bowl trophy. Your point? Oh, I forgot, you still think college achievements count in the NFL. lol, you're a ****ing joke. I wash my hands of you and the other Tebowite losers. Have fun cheering Tim's elite bench-warming skills in Jacksonville/CFL, lol.
    Take your meds McG


    Now, just to make you feel pretty stupid, go back and look at my post of Tebow and his 2 national championships. Then look at the post that I was replying to. You know, the one where you posted a pic of Tebow FROM COLLEGE ?? After losing and SEC title game to Alabama ?? Remember ?????
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 01-05-2013 at 05:21 AM.

  14. #94
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, Tim could absolutely become a good QB one day. If you don't think so, I really don't know what to tell you.

    I'm not high on Tebowites and their adoration for him because he's currently a terrible QB, but to say he could never become is just ignorant.
    McGinley, why the f*ck do you say that Tebow fans LIKE ME have blind adoration for him? Man, go look through any of my posts. I'm a Tebow fan because he's a great player. He was one of the greatest college QBs ever, and definitely the best UF quarterback.

    I realize this is the part where you guys interject "but college doesn't mean sh*t". Yeah .... no, because then one of you start a thread about draft prospects and start gushing about college QBs Johnny Manziel or EJ Manuel.

    I believe Tebow has potential and is still a raw young QB. If he is given the same chances as other young QBs, he will improve. He definitely couldn't have been worse than Sanchez was this season because he does protect the ball. How in the f*ck does that make me someone who "adores Tebow"?

    BTW, Detroit got my wrath for saying I thought Tebow's butt was cute. As if that's why I like him. I'm an effing woman but I got the same right to like effing football as you c*dsacks do.

  15. #95
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    4,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You realize we're not talking about Sanchez, correct?
    Yes I do, I was responding to the original poster who was proposing every trade under the sun for a new quarterback..

    any unproven quarterback in this current offense would fail as bad as Sanchez did..

    the Original Poster was coming off like it was all Sanchez's fault..

    as bad as he has played in the last 2 years, I am sticking behind the quarterback who has won 4 road playoff games in his first 2 years as quarterback. (which has to be some sort of NFL record)

    Lets get a GM in here to surround this winner with some talent so he can manage the game.. Then we can run a TRUE ground and Pound and win with solid defense and a solid run game.. I am ok with a game manager at quarterback...

    If Mark Sanchez were the quarterback for the 49ers he would win the Superbowl....

    This is what we need to model our team around....

  16. #96
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    So there!

  17. #97
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    No I don't. Winning cures everything man. But it was reported that some of the players were ticked off he got all the credit correct??

    The distraction isn't there if he's chosen to start. The distraction is there when you're trying to groom a fresh QB and the fans are screaming for Tebow every time the rookie messes up, despite the fact it is expected. Don't take my post as a knock on him. But new GM's and new coaches want THEIR guys. That THEY drafted. Putting Tebow behind that QB almost sets him up for failure, ESPECIALLY IN JAX, his hometown where he made his career.
    My apologies, I missed this post.

    In my opinion, if a new GM comes to Jax, he'll know from the outset that Tebow is going to be there and that the owner wants him there. If he takes the job anyways, he'll basically have to be onboard with that decision, at least in the short term.

    This is different from the Denver/Elway situation where Tebow was a holdover drafted by a previous coach/FO and Elway had the authority to do as he saw fit upon taking over. The dynamics are very different.

  18. #98
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Mogglez, the fans I saw jeering at the team as they walked through the tunnel at halftime were JETS FANS. Maybe they're not the kind of Jets fans who belong to this forum, but they were JETS FANS nonetheless. Speaking of blowing a 1st or 2nd round draft pick just to stick him on the bench - you do realize that Tebow was a 1st round draft pick, right? As was Sanchez? And the head coach was too damn stubborn to let Tebow start a game so he could either put up or shut up. I'm very impressed with your NFL acumen and your ability to determine that Tebow sucks as a QB when he had possession of the ball for 2 minutes and 35 seconds as a Jet this season!

    Look, I'm tired of trying to reason with unreasonable people. It's like arguing about politics, or religion, or sex. You're never going to change your mind about Tebow, even though you haven't seen him start 1 whole game as a Jet. And I'm not changing my opinion that he has potential until I see otherwise. And the Jets had the chance to resolve the controversy once and for all by starting Tebow for a couple of games, but Rex Ryan was too gutless to do it.

    Sleep tight. I mean really tight.
    I've stated to Demo on this very board may times that if he can improve his passing ability enough that he has a chance to be great, maybe unstoppable. None of my posts have knocked his ability whatsoever, they deal with more of the way how PRO football works. Take some time off from watching the Gators you may understand how this works. This is my third time saying this and you still cant wrap your head around that little fact so you can stop throwing insults towards my football accumen.

    Your examples of Tebow and Sanchez are terrible and they (especially the Sanchez example) hurt your arguement. Before Sanchez we had Kellen Clemens. When we entered the Rex era it was expected that he would beat out Brett Ratliff for the job and he would be our QB until we grabbed our franchise guy. That changed when Sanchez came here. The two of them played pretty equally but the difference was simply this: Sanchez was Rex's guy. He and Tanny selected Mark to be the face of the franchise and it was important that he get experience in the NFL. Rex went with Sanchez and Clemens was gone the following year.

    Tebow on the other hand, was hand-picked by JOSH MCDANIELS. The Broncos head coach. Under him he was going to be "the guy". That is of course, until he was fired. Thats when the organization made Elway the man in charge of football operations and he decided he wanted nothing to do with him. And not even a playoff run was stopping that.

    Tebow also wasn't selected in the first by Rex, and unlike Mcdaniels, Rex didn't see him as the answer. Simple. Mark was his guy and whether or not he was right not putting Tebow in doesn't really matter either. Mark was his guy and he decided to ride it out with him. Starting McElroy was simply because the team wasn't turning the offense into the read option with 2 weeks left. They also wanted to see what he had considering he was drafted by Tannenbaum.

    This isnt like drew brees or flynn, or kolb where Tebow is a potential star in the making based off of solid games and significant playing time. Taking him now is like drafting him all over again, you have to build your team and your offense around him and you have no idea what he will become. However, should he succeed you know who will always get the REAL credit for Tebow? McDaniels. The coach who drafted him and believed he was worthy of a 1st rounder. Not the guys who traded for him. This really isnt hard to understand. Coaches and GM's want their guys.

  19. #99
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    My apologies, I missed this post.

    In my opinion, if a new GM comes to Jax, he'll know from the outset that Tebow is going to be there and that the owner wants him there. If he takes the job anyways, he'll basically have to be onboard with that decision, at least in the short term.

    This is different from the Denver/Elway situation where Tebow was a holdover drafted by a previous coach/FO and Elway had the authority to do as he saw fit upon taking over. The dynamics are very different.
    If the interest for Tebow is truly there from the owner and Mularky (assuming they keep him) then perhaps the dynamics are different. Maybe for all I know the GM will be required to be ok with this move much like the Jets have been telling candidates that Rex must be kept. Truth is though we don't know. All I'm saying is if its not that way and the GM is given full control like a normal situation that most likely he'll want his own hand picked QB. I could be COMPLETELY WRONG. But history says otherwise is all I'm saying man. It's not a knock on Tim, its just the way this business works.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 01-05-2013 at 05:47 AM.

  20. #100
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,520
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS View Post
    Yes I do, I was responding to the original poster who was proposing every trade under the sun for a new quarterback..

    any unproven quarterback in this current offense would fail as bad as Sanchez did..

    the Original Poster was coming off like it was all Sanchez's fault..

    as bad as he has played in the last 2 years, I am sticking behind the quarterback who has won 4 road playoff games in his first 2 years as quarterback. (which has to be some sort of NFL record)

    Lets get a GM in here to surround this winner with some talent so he can manage the game.. Then we can run a TRUE ground and Pound and win with solid defense and a solid run game.. I am ok with a game manager at quarterback...

    If Mark Sanchez were the quarterback for the 49ers he would win the Superbowl....

    This is what we need to model our team around....
    I've been a big backer of Sanchez. He was on his way to becoming a good QB, but he slowly lost his confidence. I think it was coached out of him to the point where he either double, or triple clutches, or ducks and chucks. He was a better QB his first year than he is now. Either way, he certainly is not inspiring any confidence in his players, which he used to do when he didn't know anything. He has the talent, but whether or not we'll see it again, is unlikely at best.

    Tebow just can't throw, and has not improved. I think the Jets were shocked at how little improvement he made in his accuracy. I think maybe all this working on his mechanics actually made him less accurate. Maybe he should just go back to his natural style of throwing, and that will be as good as he gets. Maybe he should learn how to block.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us