Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If not Jax, will any team be interested...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

If not Jax, will any team be interested...

in our Timmy?

We've all heard the Tebow to Jax rumors, and yes it makes the most sense, and is likely to happen somehow. I'd like the Jets to re-coup a 4th round pick for him from them.

But will there be any other teams that will bid for his services?

Just thinking outside the box, how about I throw these out there...

* Tebow to the 'Skins for Kirk Cousins? Timmy could spell RG3 in their version of the read-option, saving RG3 from too many hits.

* Same deal as above to Seattle, maybe for Flynn?

* Chip Kelly was just hired by the Brownies. Tebow to Cleveland for a 4th rd pick.

* Teebs the Niners for Alex Smith?

* Tebow to Toronto for Ricky Ray? (Just fargin' with yoos. That was for BeerFish)

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A team desparate for a QB, and at best the return on Tebow would be a conditional pick. I could see the Browns possibly, Jax logically, and maybe Arizona.

he won't go anywhere that the starter of the team is established. No competant GM/coach would put that kind of headache in a lockerroom where the starter is already on the team. I can't see him going anywhere as a typical back-up. It isn't worth it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No.

Shanahan is a real coach and would not do that to his QB.

Kelly's offense requires speed at the QB position. Tim is not fast for a running QB. He is bulky.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO no one is going to trade for Tebow. Everyone knows that the Jets CS doesn't want him. If a team is interested, they'll wait for him to get cut and pick him up as a free agent.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He would be ok in the CFL IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's going to JAX.

And it will be the best move they've done as a franchise.

Love or hate the guy...but he will fill the tarp covered seats in their stadium. And paired up with MJD...they will win some games.

Tebow is exactly what the JAX franchise needs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    He's going to JAX.

And it will be the best move they've done as a franchise.

Love or hate the guy...but he will fill the tarp covered seats in their stadium. And paired up with MJD...they will win some games.

Tebow is exactly what the JAX franchise needs.

Yes exactly what JAX needs another crappy QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandal26 View Post
    IMO no one is going to trade for Tebow. Everyone knows that the Jets CS doesn't want him. If a team is interested, they'll wait for him to get cut and pick him up as a free agent.
    the Jets can't afford to get into the habit of cutting players either they don't want or who don't want to be on the team and eating the money.

He gets traded or he's a Jet

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Yes exactly what JAX needs another crappy QB.
    I didn't say Sanchez was going there....

Sent from a phone using an app

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bible Belt is a good place for him.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    the Jets can't afford to get into the habit of cutting players either they don't want or who don't want to be on the team and eating the money.

+1

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on board with the folks saying he'll end up in JAX.

We probably won't get anything for Tebow, because JAX will probably wait till we cut him outright.

And for the people saying he'll be a Jet next year......not if Rex is still the HC.
    Last edited by dustykeller; 01-04-2013 at 08:55 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I'd cut Sanchez and McElroy before Tebow but if we can get a 4th rounder back by all means trade him. I could see Oakland, Jax, Carolina, Seattle, SF, Pitt, or NO giving him a look. He doesn't need to be a starter. Heck any team that runs a lot might want him as a BU or as an HBack. The biggest reason I don't get us not using him was he fit the ground and pound better then the other two idiots. He has his uses but a 4th is a high price. If we cut him flat out I wouldn't be shocked if NE took him just to play him vs us to show how it is done.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

it won't be a habit for a brand new GM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    it won't be a habit for a brand new GM.
    it will if he does what every fan says to do, eat Sanchez's and Tebow's contracts....if a new GM says he would do that day 1 he shouldn't get the job

it isn't smart, a new GM will move him for a conditional pick, probably based on playing time, a 4th-6th or something like that

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

not this time. Timmy be cut loose. Maybe Jax trades us a 7th round pick to make it look good. It will good to be done with this mistake. On to the next mistake.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a strong feeling he's going to be successful in Jacksonville or wherever he goes. This is somehow going to come back to make the Jets organization look very very stupid again.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, last year the Patriots, Packers, and Rams all had some level of interest in Tebow, obviously not up to the level of interest as the Jets and Jags, but maybe enough to create a bidding war to get a late round pick for the guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A team desparate for a QB, and at best the return on Tebow would be a conditional pick. I could see the Browns possibly, Jax logically, and maybe Arizona.

he won't go anywhere that the starter of the team is established. No competant GM/coach would put that kind of headache in a lockerroom where the starter is already on the team. I can't see him going anywhere as a typical back-up. It isn't worth it.
    The Tebowmania media obsession, has done Tim Tebow...the player...a disservice. Most teams don't want any part of the disruptive media circus created by Tebow's presence. Jacksonville should be willing to take him on the team. The Jaguars are desperate for a QB. And even if he's not good enough to be their immediate starter, he will put fannies into empty seats. For he walks on water in Florida.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    The Tebowmania media obsession, has done Tim Tebow...the player...a disservice. Most teams don't want any part of the disruptive media circus created by Tebow's presence. Jacksonville should be willing to take him on the team. The Jaguars are desperate for a QB. And even if he's not good enough to be their immediate starter, he will put fannies into empty seats. For he walks on water in Florida.
    he would probably do well (not on the field perhaps) for any team that is saddled with a miserable QB situation. I'm thinking AZ, KC, CLE, or JAX. Now, I don't know if those teams would take him, but if he came in, played a year at QB, could it really be worse than what they have?

He would bring media attention and fans which is what those franchises need right now, and it would mostly be positive, say what you want, but the guy doesn't really get rattled by the media, even if he was just a one year band aid.