Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: If not Jax, will any team be interested...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No.

Shanahan is a real coach and would not do that to his QB.

Kelly's offense requires speed at the QB position. Tim is not fast for a running QB. He is bulky.
    He also requires his QBs to be able to throw the ball on a professional level. And he might want his QBs to be able to read a defense as well. But Tebow sure is a swell guy though

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    I agree with you on this part, McG. Except that Brady is the greatest QB of his era, if not all time.
    you should be perma-banned fo this post.
    Last edited by Dcat; 01-05-2013 at 09:07 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    you should be perma-banned fo this post.
    Banned but not incorrect

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS View Post
    Yes I do, I was responding to the original poster who was proposing every trade under the sun for a new quarterback..

any unproven quarterback in this current offense would fail as bad as Sanchez did..

the Original Poster was coming off like it was all Sanchez's fault..

as bad as he has played in the last 2 years, I am sticking behind the quarterback who has won 4 road playoff games in his first 2 years as quarterback. (which has to be some sort of NFL record)

Lets get a GM in here to surround this winner with some talent so he can manage the game.. Then we can run a TRUE ground and Pound and win with solid defense and a solid run game.. I am ok with a game manager at quarterback...

If Mark Sanchez were the quarterback for the 49ers he would win the Superbowl....

This is what we need to model our team around....
    The funny thing is... is that I'm one of the biggest Sanchez fans here, and I agree with you 100%. I truly believe the Jets FO/CS played a big part in Sanchez' awful year. Call me crazy, but I still think he can be a good QB.

The nature of this thread was to feel out everyone's thoughts on what Tebow's value will be. I would like to trade him, rather than just cut him, and I think there will be a couple of retarded teams that will want him. The reason I'm throwing Flynn and Cousins names out there is because the Jets will absolutely bring in some competition for Sanchez, as they should.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    I have a strong feeling he's going to be successful in Jacksonville or wherever he goes. This is somehow going to come back to make the Jets organization look very very stupid again.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    The funny thing is... is that I'm one of the biggest Sanchez fans here, and I agree with you 100%. I truly believe the Jets FO/CS played a big part in Sanchez' awful year. Call me crazy, but I still think he can be a good QB.

The nature of this thread was to feel out everyone's thoughts on what Tebow's value will be. I would like to trade him, rather than just cut him, and I think there will be a couple of retarded teams that will want him. The reason I'm throwing Flynn and Cousins names out there is because the Jets will absolutely bring in some competition for Sanchez, as they should.
    If we somehow get a partner to trade with, that in and of itself would be a miracle.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If we somehow get a partner to trade with, that in and of itself would be a miracle.
    All it takes is one other team to want him, and Jax will send us a pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    All it takes is one other team to want him, and Jax will send us a pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Regardless how we feel about Sanchez it isn't the same. Sanchez was the starter. Tebow wasn't coming in to challenge him for the job. Jax, AZ, KC are in QB limbo
    True for games 1-4 but 34-0 usually opens the door for questions and the buttfumble was unforgivable yet Tebow was not even considered - McElroy started

if the question is; can the Jets get a draft pick for Tebow? I would say no based on how little he was used - teams will assume he will be released and wait, so why delay the inevitable

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No.

He'll be dealt to Jacksonville for a conditional 7th round pick or he'll be given his outright release.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think BB would be very interested in Tebow. This is a guy who can be your 3rd QB, 5th RB, 4th TE/H-back, and contribute on ST. He could run your scout team practices when the schedule has you playing the panthers, Skins, 49ers, seahawks etc. i think he could be a very valuable 53rd man.

BB would not be interested if he just wants to play QB

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    He would be ok in the CFL IMO.
    Tell me how his game translates into a game where there is only 3 downs to get a first.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I think BB would be very interested in Tebow. This is a guy who can be your 3rd QB, 5th RB, 4th TE/H-back, and contribute on ST. He could run your scout team practices when the schedule has you playing the panthers, Skins, 49ers, seahawks etc. i think he could be a very valuable 53rd man.

BB would not be interested if he just wants to play QB
    BB would probably make him a short yardage monster and he'd probably score 10 TDs from 2nd or 3rd and Goal at the 3. Trade to JAX for conditional pick based on attendance rather than release him.