Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If not Jax, will any team be interested...

@Mogglez ....

Again I ask you, WHAT TEBOW FANS? There are maybe 5 of us on this board and 4 long time Jets fans who think Tebow could be good if given a chance to play.

Furthermore, if a team started Tebow and Tebow did well long term, they wouldn't have to worry about the feelings of a rookie draft QB. If Tebow turns out to be any good and becomes the established starter, any rookie QB will get the same chance behind Tebow as he would on any other NFL team.

I wish Tebow nothing but the best. He didn't deserve any of this. He made the wrong choice and now he can correct it. I hope he becomes the Jax starter for a very long time.

Can't be bothered to read the entire thread, but no. Maybe a CFL team would sign him after we cut him, but I doubt there'd be any NFL interest. The guy just isn't that good.

Also, anyone comparing Tim's Broncos to Peyton's is seriously a derp. It's not fair to compare the guy to Peyton who is the greatest QB of his era, if not all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I wish Tebow nothing but the best. He didn't deserve any of this. He made the wrong choice and now he can correct it. I hope he becomes the Jax starter for a very long time.
    Thanks, Dcat. I was sold on the whole Tebow and the Jets propaganda, you know - a underdog ground and pound QB on an underdog team that hadn't been to the superbowl in 43 years. I've spent my time here this season getting to know the team and the forum members. I will still be a Jets fan even if Tebow goes to the Jags, except when the Jags play the Jets. I like the Jets players and some of the fans, but I can't stand Rex Ryan and most of the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Also, anyone comparing Tim's Broncos to Peyton's is seriously a derp. It's not fair to compare the guy to Peyton who is the greatest QB of his era, if not all time.
    I agree with you on this part, McG. Except that Brady is the greatest QB of his era, if not all time.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    I agree with you on this part, McG. Except that Brady is the greatest QB of his era, if not all time.

Brady goes down for the year: Pats go 11-5.
    Peyton misses the year: Colts go 2-14.

Yea, okay.
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-05-2013 at 03:02 AM.

Brady goes down for the year: Pats go 11-5.
    Peyton misses the year: Colts go 2-14.

Yea, okay.
    Hahaha! Nice Wat!

Yeah, you've got a point there. But isn't Brady more clutch than Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I'll go ahead and reply with the exact same thing I said last time you posted this bull****:

The Broncos were 1-4 before Tebow took over, they ended the season at 8-8. That puts Tebow's record with them at 7-4.

Manning's winning % ? 81.25
    Tebow's winning % 63.6%

It's a 2 game difference. If you want, I'll break the math down for you.

So, a first ballot Hall of Famer takes over a team, has some key new personnel added to the team, and they improve 2 games over what Tebow came off the bench and did the year before? IS that supposed to reflect negatively on Tebow or something ?
    You're wrong buddy. The Broncos going 1-4 to start that season is a testament to how awful a QB Kyle Orton and is getting over whatever residual they had from Josh McDaniel's disastrous tenure as a HC.

That Denver team that the media and people like you credit Tebow with had a stacked defense, excellent OL and Decker and Thomas were very good up and coming playmakers. Manning knew this. Elway knew this and didn't want to continue to waste it with a Fullback pretending to be a NFL QB.

Jets 2009 with Peyton Manning: Superbowl Win
    Jets 2010 with Peyton Manning: Superbowl Win
    See how that works?
    BFD.

Not a Tebow fan on this forum said he was better than Manning.
    We get it. You think Tim Tebow is cute. Guy is a confessed 25 year old virgin so I don't think he could satisfy a gatorade bottle let alone an actual woman.

Hahaha! Nice Wat!

Yeah, you've got a point there. But isn't Brady more clutch than Manning?

MYTH BUSTED.

All League
    Holy moly. I friggin started a thread only to gauge the thoughts of what the Jets could acquire for Tebow. That's what the purpose of this thread is. We all know that he sucks, and we all want his ass off our team.

I know some of the trades that I proposed are far fetched, fellas. I'm just throwing sh1t out there. What is realistically his value? Can another team or two get involved in talks with the Jets, causing the Jags to offer a 4th rounder?

Jaxsuzy, demo, and other tebowites. This thread is for Jet fans please.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Holy moly. I friggin started a thread only to gauge the thoughts of what the Jets could acquire for Tebow. That's what the purpose of this thread is. We all know that he sucks, and we all want his ass off our team.

I know some of the trades that I proposed are far fetched, fellas. I'm just throwing sh1t out there. What is realistically his value? Can another team or two get involved in talks with the Jets, causing the Jags to offer a 4th rounder?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post

Not trying to derail your thread, Yankee Jet, but I am a Jets fan too. Tebow brought me to your message board in the first place, and it's surely not my fault that I've grown to like the guys on the team. Whatever else you may say, the last time I watched a Jets game Tebow was dressed in green and white. Most Jets fans on this forum have made no bones about the fact that they dislike Tebow or think he's a crappy football player. That doesn't make him any less of a Jet than any other allegedly crappy football players on the team. I think it's pretty ironic that you want to block a Tebow/Jets fan from a thread about Tebow's trade prospects.

Who put Sanchez in Brady's uniform?
    Fixed it for ya.

Fixed it for ya.
    What are you talking about? That ball was placed perfectly on the numbers of the defender. When was the last time you saw Sanchez that accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    As I've said before, I really think that if we cut Tebow and Jax. doesn't take him, I can honestly see him being out of football. Although I personally don't see him ever becoming a viable starter in this league I don't actually think that his ability to play is what will hold him back. Like someone previously said in this thread, his fans, the media, and this entire year with Jets have done nothing but harm his stock. Teams got to see just how much of a distraction the guy can be. While this isn't Tims fault at all, the whole Tebowmania thing may end up killing his career.

If you're the new GM and HC in Jacksonville, or any other rebuilt team for that matter, DO YOU want your first move to be acquiring Tim Tebow and the distraction that comes with him? Especially after you've hand picked a young QB from the draft (almost a certainty for all of the teams mentioned). That's job suicide in my eyes and I cant see any smart GM/HC tandem doing it.

Question for you Mogglez,

Do you think that the Broncos minded the distraction last year when making the playoffs and winning against Pitt ? Their first trip to the playoffs since 2005 ?

What are you talking about? That ball was placed perfectly on the numbers of the defender. When was the last time you saw Sanchez that accurate?
    hahahahaha! You're right, though - it was extremely accurate and almost fumble proof LOL. WTF are you doing up so late every night, anyway?

hahahahaha! You're right, though - it was extremely accurate and almost fumble proof LOL. WTF are you doing up so late every night, anyway?
    I don't sleep much.

Undrafted Free Agent
    IMO the Jets can maximize their bang for the buck by trading with the Skins. Package Revis and Tebow for Kirk Cousins and a mid-late round pick in 2013 Draft.

Skins pass defense has been awful. If they shore it up they will take a big step toward developing a team that will be in the playoff hunt for the next several years.

May seem a bit lopsided in Skins favor but the Jets are in a weak leverage position with Revis ACL injury and all the bull**** hype that Tebow cant throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Question for you Mogglez,

Do you think that the Broncos minded the distraction last year when making the playoffs and winning against Pitt ? Their first trip to the playoffs since 2005 ?
    I think they minded getting their ass utterly destroyed the following week where Tim scored a whopping 0 points.