Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan controversies updated.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    I've been posting here for a year now, and C Mart is one of the more knowledgeable posters on this board. Plus he's pretty quick on the twitter draw for posting news.

You should probably go find yourself a coloring book and some crayons.
    He is one of the good posters on the board, used to be better, still respect him, is great with the updates, no problem with C Mart. But one of the most knowledgable? Uh... no. I'm in strong disagreement with his recent schtick, he's pretty much become a SOJF within a year.

JonEJet pretty much nailed it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Then all 5,000 of us at JI deserve whatever we get for spending decades rooting for this bust of a team we seem to have an unnatural obsession with. I'm in my late 30's, wasn't alive to see the Jets win a Super Bowl. The best they've done is reach 4 AFCCGs in my lifetime, losing them all. But 50% of those AFC Championship Games were reached by Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez. That doesn't mean they get a free pass and they're both taking heat, being benched, or effectively having their jobs threatened...and deservedly so. But, I still wear a Jets jersey, I still have my season tickets, and I still root for the team.

If Rex is faithful to his wife and has a goofy tattoo that shows he's maybe too faithful to his QB, then so be it. Who am I to judge??? The guy had, from top to bottom, the absolute worst offensive talent in the NFL...he still got 6 wins, more than a team with Larry Fitzgerald, more than a team fielding Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson, more than a team with Lesean McCoy, Mike Vick, and DeSean Jackson, and with the best defender in football (Revis) on the shelf.

I hate being put in a position to defend Rex because I do think he has some shortcomings and didn't do a fantastic job this year. But whether it's for the Jets or some other team after we fire him, he's going to win and win big.

People need to wake the **** up!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    It's well deserved for having a unnatural sexual obsession with the bust QB he so proudly traded up to get. Oh and a preemptive strike for starting Sanchez next year. Come on we all know if given any chance Rex will start Sanchez over any QB that's in "competition" with him.
    You are a complete dumbass

This is all about your obsessive hatred of Sanchez, which is well known, that tatoo has NOTHING to do with the crap you just put up!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    He is one of the good posters on the board, used to be better, still respect him, is great with the updates, no problem with C Mart. But one of the most knowledgable? Uh... no. I'm in strong disagreement with his recent schtick, he's pretty much become a SOJF within a year.

JonEJet pretty much nailed it.
    LOL!! reality now = SOJF..Got it.

As for your "knowledge"? How can anyone respect your "knowledge" when all you see and write is how get everything is with the Jets, all the time! It's NOT!!! Wake up!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

As for your "knowledge"? How can anyone respect your "knowledge" when all you see and write is how get everything is with the Jets, all the time! It's NOT!!! Wake up!
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not here to gain everbody's respect. Playing devil's advocate to the barrage of ignorance from fans lashing out irresponsibly due to anger doesn't mean I agree with everything the Jets do, and there have been PLENTY others that have posted along the lines of my thoughts and beliefs on this board.

Yeah, SOJF, that is what YOU'VE become.

YOU wake the **** up!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not here to gain everbody's respect. Playing devil's advocate to the barrage of ignorance from fans lashing out irresponsibly due to anger doesn't mean I agree with everything the Jets do, and there have been PLENTY others that have posted along the lines of my thoughts and beliefs on this board.

Yeah, SOJF, that is what YOU'VE become.

YOU wake the **** up!
    And I could care less what you think of me..

BTW-can you ever post without using a derogatory term...you need to do that to look tougher?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised Magnus forgot to put "trading Brett Ratliff"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a controversy, but Rex saying Sparano was exactly like him and jumped at the chance to sign him as our OC.
    Then, throwing Tanny under the bus claiming by it was our former GM and not he who decided to sign him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Girls, no need to get all rustled. SHH NO MAD, ONLY FRIENDSHIP NOW.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I could care less what you think of me..

BTW-can you ever post without using a derogatory term...you need to do that to look tougher?
    I just said in another post I think quite highly of you, I have a lot of respect for you, and consider you one of the better posters on the board. You have no ego, you have no agenda, and I have no problem admitting you deserve a lot of respect on the board, even more than me. I know I'm brash, and I "lose" with many fans, it's just the fire and emotion in me as a fan. My glass is "half full" all the time also loses with many of them.

I just don't like or agree with your opinion of late, but, that's just my opinion.

But make no mistake about it, I look forward to your posts, you're one of the best on here!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

People need to wake the **** up!
    You want to be glass half full fine but why bite when people call you out on it. Everybody knows your opinion and there a plenty who don't agree. You glass half full guys want to point to two AFC Championship games by Rex and Mark. Where is the accountability for the last two years? Why are the success in the first two more important that the complete failure of the last two. You want to point to injuries? Where is the depth to be at least competitive. Our record against teams with a winning record over the last thirty two games is atrocious. IT IS ABOUT ACCOUNTABILITY! Both our HC and QB deserve to take the heat. Rex is great at Xs and Os but there is much more to being a head coach than that. You glass half full guys are so enamored with what he has done with the Defensive game planning that your refuse to see all of his other shortcomings as a head coach!!!!

Offense philosophy
    Talent Evaluation
    Loyal to a fault
    Unprofessional
    Stubborn to a fault
    Player Development
    Short comings on building a quality coaching staff. (See Cavanaugh/Sporano)

We have seen a four year body of work and many feel that is enough to say, time to move on. These opinions carry all the same merit as yours. You want to disagree with it fine but to continue to constantly retort with disparaging remarks to posters is both childish and quite frankly tiring. Welcome to ignore !!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    You want to be glass half full fine but why bite when people call you out on it. Everybody knows your opinion and there a plenty who don't agree. You glass half full guys want to point to two AFC Championship games by Rex and Mark. Where is the accountability for the last two years? Why are the success in the first two more important that the complete failure of the last two. You want to point to injuries? Where is the depth to be at least competitive. Our record against teams with a winning record over the last thirty two games is atrocious. IT IS ABOUT ACCOUNTABILITY! Both our HC and QB deserve to take the heat. Rex is great at Xs and Os but there is much more to being a head coach than that. You glass half full guys are so enamored with what he has done with the Defensive game planning that your refuse to see all of his other shortcomings as a head coach!!!!

Offense philosophy
    Talent Evaluation
    Loyal to a fault
    Unprofessional
    Stubborn to a fault
    Player Development
    Short comings on building a quality coaching staff. (See Cavanaugh/Sporano)

We have seen a four year body of work and many feel that is enough to say, time to move on. These opinions carry all the same merit as yours. You want to disagree with it fine but to continue to constantly retort with disparaging remarks to posters is both childish and quite frankly tiring. Welcome to ignore !!!!
    If you actually ever read any of my posts...

I'm not excusing the last two years, I'm not excusing the faults, although I disagree with half of your list. If anything player development, consider Rex and the coaching staff had minor league talent to work with for most of the year due to all the injuries, if the Jets even had average QB play, they'd be a playoff team, I think that is pretty much taking what the team has and developing that talent.

Offensive philosophy isn't all on Rex

All I've said is that Rex deserves a chance to try and recover from this past year, I've stated why, but you and others refuse to read it. So I applaud when others on the board say things I have said or believe in.

Not sure what is so hard to understand, or what your problem is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    and the point is? could it be that the bunch of meat heads who cover the jets have nothing else to write about so they focus on personal attacks. and rex had nothing to do with favre texting jan spermburger.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    All of Rex controversies not related to football

1) Foot fetish

2) Middle finger

3) Inez Sainz

4) Sal Alosi tripping

5) Cursing a fan out for saying Bellicheck was better than him.

6) Tatto of his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey

Anything I'm missing?

7) dressing up as brother to hold a press conference added by (REDDOG2004)

8) Brett Favre texting masseuses added by (Vinny Testaverde's Niece)

9) Stating "Mark Sanchez going to be our quarterback for as long as I am here, which I hope is a long, long time. We know we got the right guy."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree a bit with him. You used to be pretty reasonable, now you come off more rant like? Idk this is just an observation, maybe it's from how insane this board has gotten this year with Tebowites invading as well? But yea your posts are a little less well thought out and more ranting and raving than previously. But I mean if any team can do that to its fans it'd be the Jets lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your a good poster, and have made some good points. Tanny was a parcells disciple,Sparano worked under Parcells. Its not unreasonable to believe it was tanny who wanted Sparano.After he was hired, whats Ryan supposed to say, he's an a..hole

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    4-2 in 6 playoff games
    +1 how soon they forget and you didn't add all 4 were on the road.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    however, the league gave Bellicheck a free pass on taping signals

I hope my sarcasm meter is broken rather than thinking you really believe that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I have to agree a bit with him. You used to be pretty reasonable, now you come off more rant like? Idk this is just an observation, maybe it's from how insane this board has gotten this year with Tebowites invading as well? But yea your posts are a little less well thought out and more ranting and raving than previously. But I mean if any team can do that to its fans it'd be the Jets lol
    When you've been a fan for 35+ yrs and have seen enough and knows it time for a change.....

When you see your team completely destroyed (dominated, annihilated, out coached, out prepared) at home against SF to then be followed by similar performances at home against Miami, NE and lay down against a West Coast team traveling East for a 1:00 game with a lame duck coach it's pretty obvious it's time for a new HC...JMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you've been a fan for 35+ yrs and have seen enough and knows it time for a change.....

When you see your team completely destroyed (dominated, annihilated, out coached, out prepared) at home against SF to then be followed by similar performances at home against Miami, NE and lay down against a West Coast team traveling East for a 1:00 game with a lame duck coach it's pretty obvious it's time for a new HC...JMO.
    CMart, I posted this in another thread and would welcome your thoughts...

Here is the rub!!!
    I for one am in favor of Rex getting fired. However, while I think that is the right way to go, it doesn't really matter. The Jets will decide how to move forward.

I see many posters calling for 2013 to be a do or die year for Rex. One poster even suggested that Gamble would hire the heir apparent as OC and if Rex fails he takes over in 2014... My concern with any of that is that it doesn't work!!!!

If the house was cleaned, the new GM would hire a new HC and that coach would get a 3 or 4 yr deal. Rex has 2 years left on his deal. The right business decision in our case is simple. Gamble has one of two choices:

1. Fire Rex and bring in a whole new coaching staff. This allows him to mold the team with players that compliment the new coach's vision and philosophy and demonstrates clearly that he has his man.

2. Extend Rex Ryan back out to three years. This shows in no uncertain way that Rex is his guy! They are in this together and they are committed to working together to get things turned around. It says to the fans that Rex is his man and the best guy for the job and leaves no question that Rex just staying for another year is a money decision by the owner.

Moving forward with Rex's contract as is would basically be the same as letting him coach out a lame duck year. FA are harder to sign because they don't like coaching changes and would be concerned that Rex could be let go in a year. Our draft (#9 pick I might add) would be geared towards trying to clean this mess up quickly and might have us pick players they would be no good for us should we go with a new coach with a new scheme ( see Vilma 4-3 vs. 3-4).
    While i prefer we go in a new direction now, I can understand staying the course. However doing so is fraught with peril if you let Rex coach this year with no extension... Just my two cents...