Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Landry Jones...

I'll tell you what. Damontre Moore has been virtually non existant in this game. Could hurt his draft stock

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    If we draft Glennon in Round 1, the franchise will be destroyed. He is awful. Dude can't even complete 60% of his throws at college level, which is hard to do. He was the 66th rated passer in the country this season and led in INTs. He will be as bad as Gabbert and Locker (whom Kiper also once loved)
    He's accurate... Go look at the throws he's attempting vs what other QB's attempt in college. Ton of downfield throws, because he has an actual arm that can make those throws. Furthermore people talk about Jet WR's dropping passes... Go watch the UNC game, at least 8 drops by his WR's in that game alone.

He's not awful, on the contrary, he's raw, but extremely talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    He's accurate... Go look at the throws he's attempting vs what other QB's attempt in college. Ton of downfield throws, because he has an actual arm that can make those throws. Furthermore people talk about Jet WR's dropping passes... Go watch the UNC game, at least 8 drops by his WR's in that game alone.

So were Gabbert and Locker.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post

This

Glennon's supporting cast has been horrible.

Basically the equivalent of what Jay Cutler had to work with at Vanderbilt.

Hell, not even.

At least Earl Bennett has turrned into a decent receiver in the pros.

There isn't anyone on N.C. States offense with a future in the NFL besides Glennon.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This

Glennon's supporting cast has been horrible.

Basically the equivalent of what Jay Cutler had to work with at Vanderbilt.

Hell, not even.

At least Earl Bennett has turrned into a decent receiver in the pros.

There isn't anyone on N.C. States offense with a future in the NFL besides Glennon.
    So his ceiling at absolute best (which he won't be anyway) is a guy who is 15th or 16th best QB in the NFL. Yeah, let's take him at #9

Also "raw" describing a 2 year college starter at QB is another word for "bad but fingers crossed he could be good one day."

Gamble will be way too smart to take Glennon. A bad organization like the Bills I could see reaching for him

Jets Insider VIP
    So his ceiling at absolute best (which he won't be anyway) is a guy who is 15th or 16th best QB in the NFL. Yeah, let's take him at #9

Also "raw" describing a 2 year college starter at QB is another word for "bad but fingers crossed he could be good one day."

Gamble will be way too smart to take Glennon. A bad organization like the Bills I could see reaching for him
    No, his ceiling is through the roof.

6'6 235 with a cannon for an arm, good pocket presence, great delivery, tough as nails, and has a good head on his shoulders.

By all accounts Glennon is totally committed to football and willing to put in the hard work in order to maximize his potential.

Bring in a respected offensive mind like Norv Turner who has a history of developing young QB's and see what happens.

Yeah, I'd rather roll the dice on a QB with immense potential over taking the 3rd/4th rated passrusher in the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    No way on Landry.

Manziel, on the other hand, will be a monster IMO.
    His size is a big concern for me

All League
    If we draft Glennon in Round 1, the franchise will be destroyed. He is awful. Dude can't even complete 60% of his throws at college level, which is hard to do. He was the 66th rated passer in the country this season and led in INTs. He will be as bad as Gabbert and Locker (whom Kiper also once loved)
    This. I cannot believe their will be a team taking him in the first. Maybe late in the second or third to develop as a backup QB but the GM/ahC who takes Glennon in the first will soon be unemployed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    His size is a big concern for me
    It's certainly not ideal. But Brees is even shorter so there's hope.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    This. I cannot believe their will be a team taking him in the first. Maybe late in the second or third to develop as a backup QB but the GM/ahC who takes Glennon in the first will soon be unemployed.
    Believe it

Glennon is the exact type of QB that flies up the board as the draft nears.

Same thing that happened with guys like Cutler and Flacco.

All League
    No, his ceiling is through the roof.

6'6 235 with a cannon for an arm, good pocket presence, great delivery, tough as nails, and has a good head on his shoulders.

By all accounts Glennon is totally committed to football and willing to put in the hard work in order to maximize his potential.

Bring in a respected offensive mind like Norv Turner who has a history of developing young QB's and see what happens.

Yeah, I'd rather roll the dice on a QB with immense potential over taking the 3rd/4th rated passrusher in the draft.
    Well Aldon Smith wasn't the highest rated pass rusher in the draft and he has turned out pretty good. Even if Jordan or Mingo aren't A. smith they can still be productive and not cost you games where taking another QB whose college stats dictate he will not make a decent pro will cost you several games a year.

And Norv Turner isn't coming here and Cam Cameron isn't able to dog sh!t into gold.

IMO, if our CS is Rex and CC next year, I would prefer they don't bring in ANY QB. It will take the new HC too long to fix everything that will go bad for them under their guidance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Well Aldon Smith wasn't the highest rated pass rusher in the draft and he has turned out pretty good. Even if Jordan or Mingo aren't A. smith they can still be productive and not cost you games where taking another QB whose college stats dictate he will not make a decent pro will cost you several games a year.

And Norv Turner isn't coming here and Cam Cameron isn't able to dog sh!t into gold.

IMO, if our CS is Rex and CC next year, I would prefer they don't bring in ANY QB. It will take the new HC too long to fix everything that will go bad for them under their guidance.
    All I'm saying is I'd rather roll the dice on a potential franchise QB over some 2nd rate passrusher who's going to get me 6-8 sacks a season.

Damontre Moore and Jarvis Jones are the only edgerushers in this class with "elite" potential and neither is making it out of the Top 5 most likely.

If Glennon didn't have his issues, he'd be a lock to hook up with Reid and the Chiefs as the #1 overall pick. We'd have absolutely no shot at the guy.

QB's with the physical tools and intangibles that Glennon possesses aren't exactly common.

Jets Insider VIP
    Also, what is the big difference between a guy like Dion Jordan in Round 1 and a guy like Brandon Jenkins in Round 2?

Definitely not much

All League
    Believe it

Glennon is the exact type of QB that flies up the board as the draft nears.

Same thing that happened with guys like Cutler and Flacco.
    Well Flacco' completion % was over 63% both seasons he started at Delaare. Cutler's was a little worse at 59%.

I will say this, Cutler had Mike Shanahan to teach him how to be an NFL QB. His rookie year was nearly as bad as Sanchez and he single-handedly cost Denver the playoffs that year. Shanahan made Cutler everything he is today. Flacco has not been as fortunate.

1st round QBs should be QBs that will be capable of starting by week 1, in year 2. Glennon is raw as several pro-Glennon posters have said, I don't see how someone like this would be able to do this.

I would rather inquire about Flynn. Hell at this point, I'd call Cleveland and ask about Weeden. Cleveland's FO told Colt McCoy that the new HC has plans for him.

In addition to adding a veteran, I would use a 2 or 3 and take a developmental QB - whether that is Wilson, Nassib, or Manuel. This gives us a realistic opportunity to play competitively in 2013 and at the same time, we can start develop and groom the draft pick.

More importantly, if 2013 turns out to be as bad as many of us fear, we have the flexibility to draft a QB very high without having to pass on Bridgewater because we took Glennon in the first the uear before and he looked like a bust.

Jets Insider VIP
    So were Gabbert and Locker.
    LOL

Hey, if you're waiting around for the next Andrew Luck with virtually no flaws in his game, then I'll see you in 2030.

And let's hope like hell that we have the #1 pick that year.

Jets Insider VIP
    I fell in love with A&M's offensive line tonight.

They've got some blue chip studs.

Also, what is the big difference between a guy like Dion Jordan in Round 1 and a guy like Brandon Jenkins in Round 2?

Definitely not much
    Agree with this 100%. I'd go the Warmack route over a QB at 9 but il pass on a Dion Jordan type.

Jets Insider VIP
    Well Flacco' completion % was over 63% both seasons he started at Delaare. Cutler's was a little worse at 59%.

I will say this, Cutler had Mike Shanahan to teach him how to be an NFL QB. His rookie year was nearly as bad as Sanchez and he single-handedly cost Denver the playoffs that year. Shanahan made Cutler everything he is today. Flacco has not been as fortunate.

1st round QBs should be QBs that will be capable of starting by week 1, in year 2. Glennon is raw as several pro-Glennon posters have said, I don't see how someone like this would be able to do this.

I would rather inquire about Flynn. Hell at this point, I'd call Cleveland and ask about Weeden. Cleveland's FO told Colt McCoy that the new HC has plans for him.

In addition to adding a veteran, I would use a 2 or 3 and take a developmental QB - whether that is Wilson, Nassib, or Manuel. This gives us a realistic opportunity to play competitively in 2013 and at the same time, we can start develop and groom the draft pick.

More importantly, if 2013 turns out to be as bad as many of us fear, we have the flexibility to draft a QB very high without having to pass on Bridgewater because we took Glennon in the first the uear before and he looked like a bust.

College stats are completely overblown.

Colt Brennan threw for more TD's than anyone in NCAA history.

Where is he now?

Jason White threw for over 80 TD's vs only 24 INT's and won a Heisman during his career at Oklahoma. Yet he never even got a chance in the NFL.

Where is he now?

Glennon has the physical tools that you dream of in an NFL QB. And he's not some pretentious douchebag who has had his committment to football called into question like Tyler Bray.

He's a smart kid with a good head on his shoulders.

And another thing I love about the kid is his short memory. If he makes a mistake, he doesn't hang his head, slouch his shoulders and let it eat away at him. He immediately puts it behind him and moves on.

I strongly disagree. If Glennon is available at 9, Jets should definitely pick him. His receivers at NCS sucked that's why his % wasn't very high.

He has a very good arm and very good leadership skills.

Glennon will be Joe Flacco pt 2, a good (but not elite) NFL QB. Only 2-3 QB's in this Draft will be starters in the league, Glennon is one of them imo. Every other QB in this Draft is backup material, as good as or worse than Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=507271

Some Glennon info from some of the hardcore draftniks