Thread: Football game Faux Pas? Colts-Ravens Game

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Football game Faux Pas? Colts-Ravens Game

Going to the Ravens-Colts game on Sunday (gf is a HUGE Colts fan).

Pretty excited because from what I hear, M&T is a pretty formidable HomeField and excellent facility. But the game also went from natural rivals in the playoffs, to possibly Ray Lewis' last home game EVER in Baltimore!

Question,

Is it considered bad etiquette to wear a different team's jersey (Jets), or other apparel, other than those playing to a Live NFL game ?

I'd like to be in the NFL spirit, but I really don't want to pose as a Colts fan for my gf's sake, and I personally can't find myself rooting/dawning pro Ravens.

With all the $hit stirring with the Jets right now, would that be an invite to non-stop heckling?

Any good recs for eating around Baltimore?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe tone it down to a Jets hoodie and hat or such if you don't wanna be a target, and definitely cheer for the Ravens since you'll be in their stadium.
    And I guess don't piss off your gf in the process.

Have fun, should be a great time at the game.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just think....WWRD?

That means What Would Rex Do.

p.s. Do not flip the bird!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do not wear any Jets stuff. That is lame. I don't think anyone would heckle you but I just think it is lame. I hate seeing jerseys from a third team at MetLife. Makes me think they are looking for attention.

Best thing to do is be supportive of you gf. There are benefits to that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't wear anything Jets. The Jets are not playing. If anything don a Colts hat for your girlfriend, otherwise just go incognito in jeans and a jacket with a neutral hat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still plenty of naifs who don't know how much IND is reviled in BAL and why

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets underwear. Or tell the gf you'll wear a Colts hat if she dons a Jets thong that no one knows about.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wear something green- that should be enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Jets underwear. Or tell the gf you'll wear a Colts hat if she dons Jet vibrator panties that no one knows about.
    Fixed.. And he has the control..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    Going to the Ravens-Colts game on Sunday (gf is a HUGE Colts fan).

Pretty excited because from what I hear, M&T is a pretty formidable HomeField and excellent facility. But the game also went from natural rivals in the playoffs, to possibly Ray Lewis' last home game EVER in Baltimore!

Question,

Is it considered bad etiquette to wear a different team's jersey (Jets), or other apparel, other than those playing to a Live NFL game ?

I'd like to be in the NFL spirit, but I really don't want to pose as a Colts fan for my gf's sake, and I personally can't find myself rooting/dawning pro Ravens.

With all the $hit stirring with the Jets right now, would that be an invite to non-stop heckling?

Any good recs for eating around Baltimore?

I have always wondered why fans would go to a game wearing a team's jersey that isn't playing. While not a douchy move, it just seems "wrong" to me.

But, do what makes you happy.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt wear Jets gear to the game. Just seems wrong.

Have fun at the game!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    there's a time and place to rep your team, and you can do that just about anytime and anywhere except for an NFL stadium when your team isn't involved in the game.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have to ask, you most likely know the answer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buddy and I went the Jets - Ravens embarrassment a couple of years ago and he wore a Raiders Jersey. We even went on the field before the game and he got nothing but compliments/high fives from random raiders fans.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be more concerned about the Gf wearing Colts stuff in Baltimore. It could be very unpleasant for her. Especially if the Colts win.

It's called Charm City, but only ironically.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Sit Down Dinner:
    Woodberry Kitchen - A bit of a drive, but hottest restaurant in town. .

B&O American Brasserie - At Hotel Monaco. Newer and kinda cool.

Pazo - Been around for a while, but still good scene. Food...eh.

Charleston - Award winning. Outstanding. Stuffy. Pricey.

More Casual:

Wine Market - In Locust Point, so close to downtown hotels. Really great place

Brewers Art - Love this place. Try their craft beers, Resurrection is my favorite. Can eat upstairs in dining room, or downstairs in the bar.

Ryleighs Oyster - Federal Hill Pub with best bar food/drinks. Kinda new. Try the Orange Crushes, which are a popular Dewey Beach/Eastern Shore drink.

Other bars/pubs to get a bite: Ropewalk Tavern, Pub Dog, Berthas Mussels, Claddaghas.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Nice Sit Down Dinner:
    Woodberry Kitchen - A bit of a drive, but hottest restaurant in town. .

B&O American Brasserie - At Hotel Monaco. Newer and kinda cool.

Pazo - Been around for a while, but still good scene. Food...eh.

Charleston - Award winning. Outstanding. Stuffy. Pricey.

More Casual:

Wine Market - In Locust Point, so close to downtown hotels. Really great place

Brewers Art - Love this place. Try their craft beers, Resurrection is my favorite. Can eat upstairs in dining room, or downstairs in the bar.

Ryleighs Oyster - Federal Hill Pub with best bar food/drinks. Kinda new. Try the Orange Crushes, which are a popular Dewey Beach/Eastern Shore drink.

Other bars/pubs to get a bite: Ropewalk Tavern, Pub Dog, Berthas Mussels, Claddaghas.

Pub dog is FANTASTIC and not far from the stadium (its in fed hill); their homebrewed beer is so good.

Brewers art is OK

Woodberry kitchen is OK, but it is to expensive IMO.

Anyway, dont wear the jersey. The ravens fans will eat you alive, especially with all the rex stuff now. I lived down there any always caught **** wearing the jets gear.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am friends with a bunch of raven season tick holders...we have been to 4 games this year....I wear my revis jersey to every game and never had a problem...raven fans are pretty cool.

find lot A...its not real big...look for tent and guy with a bull horn, right on Raven walk...tell them Donnie Baker sent u...enjoy.