Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Devito wishes Tebow would have been given a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    You're pumping up a guy that COULDNT EVEN BEAT OUT MARK SANCHEZ to be the starter. Even when Sanchez played so badly that he HAD to be benched, they skipped over Tebow for a 7th rounder with a cap gun arm. Tebow "led" a Broncos team to an 8-8 record. Give Manning the same D that carried Tebow and he wins FIVE more games. Tebow is garbage as a QB but at least he's a nice guy. We'll see how many teams are breaking down our doors to sign the savior this offseason.

Uh... the Broncos were 1-4 before Tebow took over... What are you talking about?

Tebow couldn't beat out Sanchez because management didn't want him to, that is a fact. They had no intention of starting Tebow only to find that he was much better than Sanchez, because that would mean that Sanchez would cost the team 12.9 million dollars just to sit on the bench in 2013 and that would make management look like complete IDIOTS (once again).

The fact is the Jets weren't about to see if Tebow was better than Sanchez, because if he was it would be a serious black eye to the GM, the headcoach, the OC, and the owner himself. Nobody was going to take that chance, not in a million years...

FUN FACT: Peyton Manning lead the Broncos to an 8-3 record in his first 11 starts. Exactly ONE GAME BETTER than Tim Tebow...
    Last edited by billygreen; 01-05-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Uh... the Broncos were 1-4 before Tebow took over... What are you talking about?

Tebow couldn't beat out Sanchez because management didn't want him to, that is a fact. They had no intention of starting Tebow only to find that he was much better than Sanchez, because that would mean that Sanchez would cost the team 12.9 million dollars just to sit on the bench in 2013 and that would make management look like complete IDIOTS (once again).

The fact is the Jets weren't about to see if Tebow was better than Sanchez, because if he was it would be a serious black eye to the GM, the headcoach, the OC, and the owner himself. Nobody was going to take that chance, not in a million years...
    What part of this pic makes you believe that Management didn't want Teblow to beat out Sanchez?

THEY BOTH SUCKED EQUALLY!!

It would be like switching from horse manure to cow manure. A purely-lateral move, to the say the least.

All Pro
    FACT: If Tebow started and was successful the fans would call for him to be the starter. If this occurred the Jets would either have to bench Sanchez next season or outright cut him. Either of these options would cost the Jets $17+ million dollars in dead money and make them look like total idiots for drafting him in the first place. Not only did the Jets have no intention of having a $12.9 million dollar backup, they had no intention of admitting their mistake either, and so they benched Tebow and kept him there to protect THEMSELVES!

Feckless cowards all around in this story, all around...

i think it had more to do with rex not wanting to bench his boyfriend.......but yeah tebow would have outplayed suckchez with is eyes closed if he was given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    What part of this pic makes you believe that Management didn't want Teblow to beat out Sanchez?

It would be like switching from horse manure to cow manure. A purely-lateral move, to the say the least.

You're trying too hard... Name me one NFL QB who hasn't overthrown a receiver on a sideline route?

AGAIN, Peyton Manning (FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER) lead the Broncos to and 8-3 record in his first 11 starts with the team. This is exactly ONE GAME BETTER than Tim Tebow (7-4).

Questions?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post

my son mark gives us the best chance to win. plus i already tattoo'd him on my arm. we'll stick with him
    lolol

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Tebow the Quarterback. I simply don't think he has the tools and makeup to be an effective, consistent starting quarterback.

I do like Tim as a person.

With the above said, as the Jets trucked down the road towards a 6-10 season it would have been really good to see Tebow get one shot. Let him start a game and finish it. At worse, he makes us 5-11 or keeps us at 6-10 by losing a game we'd lose anyway. At best he shows a few things that make him trade-able for a draft pick in the top half of the draft!

The way it stands now, he's already been traded once and the Jets have now given the ENTIRE NFL the impression that he couldn't even throw a football forward in practice. I mean other teams have to be thinking, how much of a horror show was this guy in practice that he couldn't even get a single start on a 6-10 team over a quarterback who threw 4 interceptions in a game???

Starting Tebow once, no matter how he did, was a win-win for us....and we didn't do it. If he fails, he shuts up the Tebowites around here and validates the Jets decision to keep him on the bench all year. If he does well he increases his trade value for us. We had a lottery ticket, and whether it was a winner or loser we'll never know because we never checked the winning numbers and just kept the ticket in the drawer.
    Exactly right, incredible no-one in the Jets brain trust could figure this out

but start a QB that buttfumbled his last game
    Last edited by Ohio State NY Jets fan; 01-05-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

your going to argue a miss fire for a incomplete out of bounds was as equally as bad as the MANY INT's Mark has thrown to the defense when a Jet reciever isnt even 5 yards from the ball?

Tebow = not good.. Sanchez = horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    your going to argue a miss fire for a incomplete out of bounds was as equally as bad as the MANY INT's Mark has thrown to the defense when a Jet reciever isnt even 5 yards from the ball?

Tebow = not good.. Sanchez = horrible
    Hence, my Horse Manure/Cow Manure reference.

You're trying too hard... Name me one NFL QB who hasn't overthrown a receiver on a sideline route?

AGAIN, Peyton Manning (FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER) lead the Broncos to and 8-3 record in his first 11 starts with the team. This is exactly ONE GAME BETTER than Tim Tebow (7-4).

Questions?
    Yes I have a question :

How do you join a messageboard/forum just because of ONE MAN?
    Last edited by Vin; 01-05-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Yes I have a question :

How do you join a messageboard/forum just because of ONE MAN?

Check my past posts bro, I'm not a Tebowmaniac, I'm just a fan who's tired of the cowardice and stupidity that brought us to 6-10. If you're not afraid of Tebow then give him a chance. I don't care if his name is Tebow or Tarzan, give him a chance and let's see what he's got. But they never did that did they? No... they covered their own asses by letting Sanchez make a fool of himself...

Good strategy.

Check my past posts bro, I'm not a Tebowmaniac, I'm just a fan who's tired of the cowardice and stupidity that brought us to 6-10. If you're not afraid of Tebow then give him a chance. I don't care if his name is Tebow or Tarzan, give him a chance and let's see what he's got. But they never did that did they? No... they covered their own asses by letting Sanchez make a fool of himself...

Good strategy.
    I wouldn't be against Tebow if he was in a position best-suited for his NFL strengths : FULLBACK.

Unfortunately he INSISTS on wanting to be QB and that's why only Jacksonville is interested in him.

Otherwise, he'd probably still be on the Broncos as their full-time Fullback right now.....

Jets Insider VIP
    We've heard more from Mike DeVito in the last 2 days than we have in the 6 years he's been with the team.

Practice Squad

Questions?
    Tebow's stellar 47.5% career completion percentage makes me think that sideline throw wasn't an isolated incident. Don't forget these gems from the 10 snaps Tebow played all year - he really made his case to be the starting QB

Also, I guess we should punch Trent Dilfer's ticket to Canton for the way he "led" the Ravens to that Super Bowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tebow should try throwing righty. He sucks lefty

Mark Sanchez has started 62 games in this league. He has never carried this team ONCE, not one time has he ever put this team on his back and carried it, not one time.
    4 comeback wins on final drives or in OT in 2010 would say otherwise.

Your whole theory in this thread is flawed for the simple fact that Sanchez is already a question mark for next year, there is no telling what our new GM will do with Sanchez, or what they may try to do. Sticking with Sanchez was all about what the team and front office thought Sanchez was going to become, the body of worked that he showed the first two years, the fact that the team knew they were dealing with injuries, and Tebow did not show any evidence on the practice field that he could operate the offense better than Sanchez could.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    On the upswing? The guy got ran out of Denver by one of the greatest QBs of all time (Elway) to one of the only two teams that would have him (NYJ, JAC) for what? A 4th or later? That's not exactly what one would call a bright future. Hell, by that logic, Trent Dilfer was destined for an amazing career since he actually played in and WON a Superbowl.
    This Elway ruined his career. Denver could have kept him as a BU and not trading him as a BU. Replacing him with Hanie was an all time low IMO. You'd think he went 2-10 in Denver. We didn't ruin his career he choice to come here obviously without talking to the coaching staff. He knew for day one of camp that the starting job was Sanchez. We committed over 30 mil to him before we traded for Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahataman View Post
    No one here is going to argue that Tim Tebow has the skill set of a great passer. What Devito said is Tebow is an exceptional leader. With nothing to lose at the end of the season, what would it have hurt to put him at quarterback for a full game? Besides Mark Sanchez's feelings or Jets contractual concerns?

I am not a Tebow lover. I am a Jets lover. But id have to be blind to not see that Tebow got a raw deal from the Jets.
    Thank you Shahataman. I agree with you ... except for the part about Rex being endearing or lovable (that I left out of your quote LOL).

I'm not a big fan of Tebow the Quarterback. I simply don't think he has the tools and makeup to be an effective, consistent starting quarterback.

I do like Tim as a person.

With the above said, as the Jets trucked down the road towards a 6-10 season it would have been really good to see Tebow get one shot. Let him start a game and finish it. At worse, he makes us 5-11 or keeps us at 6-10 by losing a game we'd lose anyway. At best he shows a few things that make him trade-able for a draft pick in the top half of the draft!

The way it stands now, he's already been traded once and the Jets have now given the ENTIRE NFL the impression that he couldn't even throw a football forward in practice. I mean other teams have to be thinking, how much of a horror show was this guy in practice that he couldn't even get a single start on a 6-10 team over a quarterback who threw 4 interceptions in a game???

Starting Tebow once, no matter how he did, was a win-win for us....and we didn't do it. If he fails, he shuts up the Tebowites around here and validates the Jets decision to keep him on the bench all year. If he does well he increases his trade value for us. We had a lottery ticket, and whether it was a winner or loser we'll never know because we never checked the winning numbers and just kept the ticket in the drawer.
    Best post I've read in a long time. I especially liked your lottery ticket analogy I'm sure Tebow's trade prospects have gone down significantly based on the way he's been used this year. And yes, I mean used like a tissue. There was nothing to lose by giving Tebow a start or two after we were out of the playoffs. The New York Jets as a team had nothing to lose by giving Tebow a shot.

Somebody had something to lose, though. Rex Ryan would've looked stupid for waiting so long to bench Sanchez if Tebow played good. If Tebow played poorly, Rex could have said "See? This is why I didn't start him." It would have been a win-win, as JetStream said. Why didn't Rex start Tebow and justify his decision to the world? Because Rex has too much to lose. He's tied his career to Sanchez. In fact, he's got Sanchez stuck on his body like a tattoo ... yeah yeah yeah ... sorry Maroon 5. It's hard to appear impartial with a tattoo of your wife wearing Mark Sanchez's #6 jersey on your right arm. Tattoos are permanent, which shows you how long Rex plans for Sanchez to be the Jets' starting QB.

Now the Jets spin doctors are trying to rewrite Jets history by saying that Rex wanted Tebow to be more involved but Sparano wouldn't let him. That's right - the OC defied the wishes of the HC by not putting Tebow in the game more. It's all Sparano's fault. And Tanny's. And anybody's but Rex. Here's the link:
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/...no-opposed-it/

On a lighter note regarding the tattoo: I see where his wife's left hand is up by her head, but what's she doing with her right hand? It's creeping down towards .... tell me she's not about to .... nooooooooohhhh (stabbing myself in the eyes).

Tebow couldn't beat out Sanchez because management didn't want him to, that is a fact. They had no intention of starting Tebow only to find that he was much better than Sanchez, because that would mean that Sanchez would cost the team 12.9 million dollars just to sit on the bench in 2013
    Ummm - then why did management trade for him?

I know! It's a conspiracy! The Jets were afraid Tebow would have succeeded in Jacksonville, so they outbid the Jaguars so they could sentence him to the bench. Yeah, it cost them some draft picks, but at least they could SCREW TEBOW!!!!

FACT: If Tebow started and was successful the fans would call for him to be the starter. If this occurred the Jets would either have to bench Sanchez next season or outright cut him. Either of these options would cost the Jets $17+ million dollars in dead money and make them look like total idiots for drafting him in the first place. Not only did the Jets have no intention of having a $12.9 million dollar backup, they had no intention of admitting their mistake either, and so they benched Tebow and kept him there to protect THEMSELVES!

Feckless cowards all around in this story, all around...
    This post makes so little sense it makes me want to cry. You think the Jets kept a QB on the bench who they knew probably would have been great since it would help them save face on the bad contract given to their starting QB who was playing terribly? That's really what you think? That the Jets didn't want good QB play?

They tried Greg Freaking McElroy, for chrissakes, to desperately look for good QB play. Kerley took snaps. Come on, man!

Have you ever entertained the possibility that Tebow didn't do well enough with his limited opportunities in practice and on the field to get a shot at number 1? Or even to hold onto his number 2 spot? That doesn't sound simpler and more likely?

Finally, do you think we had any other controversies like this at other positions? Where else are the Jets purposely suppressing good players in favor of bad ones to save face? Are other teams doing this? Is it common for management to let their team continue to suck on purpose to save face instead of trying to win?

I think your theory has legs. Maybe you're on to something. I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    Ummm - then why did management trade for him?

I know! It's a conspiracy! The Jets were afraid Tebow would have succeeded in Jacksonville, so they outbid the Jaguars so they could sentence him to the bench. Yeah, it cost them some draft picks, but at least they could SCREW TEBOW!!!!
    Not a conspiracy, just inept buffoonery, stubborn hard-headedness, and inane coaching --- mostly by Rex Ryan -- which will now be blamed on Tanny and Sparano. I'm just going to repeat what jetstream23 said because it expresses my sentiments so well:

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    This post makes so little sense it makes me want to cry. You think the Jets kept a QB on the bench who they knew probably would have been great since it would help them save face on the bad contract given to their starting QB who was playing terribly? That's really what you think? That the Jets didn't want good QB play?

They tried Greg Freaking McElroy, for chrissakes, to desperately look for good QB play. Kerley took snaps. Come on, man!

Have you ever entertained the possibility that Tebow didn't do well enough with his limited opportunities in practice and on the field to get a shot at number 1? Or even to hold onto his number 2 spot? That doesn't sound simpler and more likely?

Finally, do you think we had any other controversies like this at other positions? Where else are the Jets purposely suppressing good players in favor of bad ones to save face? Are other teams doing this? Is it common for management to let their team continue to suck on purpose to save face instead of trying to win?

I think your theory has legs. Maybe you're on to something. I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.