Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Devito wishes Tebow would have been given a chance

Devito wishes Tebow would have been given a chance

Id be lying if I said I didnt feel for Tim and how it went down, Jets defensive end Mike DeVito told WFAN co-hosts Evan Roberts and Joe Benigno on Friday. I dont make the decisions as far as who goes in there. Im not qualified to do that, and I trust the guys that we have to do that, but Tim has such an intangible in the type of leader and the type of person that he is. I feel like it makes everybody around him play at a higher level. I would have liked to see him get a chance.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...-get-a-chance/

This is the question most Jets fans have about last season. When Sanchez was playing so bad why didn't Rex/Sparano give Tebow a shot to see if the team would respond to him and win a couple of more games? I mean the Jets were going to lose anyway, that was very obvious, why wouldn't they try every avenue they had to win some games? I don't think we'll ever get an honest answer from this organization.

my son mark gives us the best chance to win. plus i already tattoo'd him on my arm. we'll stick with him

Devito is on his way out himself... What's he supposed to say?

Great guy btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Devito is on his way out himself... What's he supposed to say?

Great guy btw.
    I guess he's free to speak his mind now so he's saying something a lot of players were thinking at the time.

Hall Of Fame
    Devito was a great Jet.

He is a lock to go to NE.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Devito was a great Jet.

He is a lock to go to NE.
    Well that just sucks. Another former Jet who will have a big impact with the Patriots, as if they need one more playmaker for us to worry about.

When I would have played, I had broken ribs. It's that simple. While I was technically cleared, they weren't really healed yet that was just a precaution. Broken ribs take at least four weeks...

Did he have an opinion on McElroy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tebow View Post
    When I would have played, I had broken ribs. It's that simple. While I was technically cleared, they weren't really healed yet that was just a precaution. Broken ribs take at least four weeks...
    So why would Tebow complain to Ryan that he wanted to start instead of McElroy then? Which by all rights he should have as the 2nd string QB.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    So why would Tebow complain to Ryan that he wanted to start instead of McElroy then? Which by all rights he should have as the 2nd string QB.
    lol, you actually think he was the true backup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08&feature=fvwp

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, you actually think he was the true backup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08&feature=fvwp
    Yeah I do think he was a true backup, and would have been better than Mark Sanchez late in the season. The guy won 7 out of 11 games last season and beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs, since when does that not even qualify you as a backup in this league? Once you get past the hysteria and the hype the guy got a raw deal here in New York and nobody in the organization has the balls to step up and say they did him wrong in this time here.

Tebow was totally duped by the Jets. the team ruined his career which was on the upswing winning in the playoffs.

Yeah I do think he was a true backup, and would have been better than Mark Sanchez late in the season. The guy won 7 out of 11 games last season and beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs, since when does that not even qualify you as a backup in this league? Once you get past the hysteria and the hype the guy got a raw deal here in New York and nobody in the organization has the balls to step up and say they did him wrong in this time here.
    The guy was brought here as a sideshow, another act for our circus. Tebow was never the true backup, lol. The simple fact that McElroy got the start over him proves that.

But then this organization has a history of giving it's players raw deals at the end. Leon Washington, Chad Pennington, Kellen Clemens, Brad Smith, Damien Woody (remember when they wouldn't pay him?), Jerricho Cotchery, the list goes on and on and on. This is just the lastest example of feckless behavior by a bunch of stuffed suits cowering under their desks with their iphones around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Tebow was totally duped by the Jets. the team ruined his career which was on the upswing winning in the playoffs.
    On the upswing? The guy got ran out of Denver by one of the greatest QBs of all time (Elway) to one of the only two teams that would have him (NYJ, JAC) for what? A 4th or later? That's not exactly what one would call a bright future. Hell, by that logic, Trent Dilfer was destined for an amazing career since he actually played in and WON a Superbowl.

The guy was brought here as a sideshow, another act for our circus. Tebow was never the true backup, lol. The simple fact that McElroy got the start over him proves that.
    Nope, all that proves is that they were afraid to start Tebow just in case he was actually successful. If successful, Jets fans would have called for him to be the permanent starter, and with another $17 million owed to Sanchez next year (that's the cap hit if they cut him) they had no intention of having to deal with that problem. That's the reason they didn't start Tebow. Then instead of admitting this they made the guy look like a garbage player instead, then they stood back in the shadows saying nothing while the press and the fans tore him apart.

Face it, we are not lead by honorable people around here... This is a well known fact around the NFL.

But then this organization has a history of giving it's players raw deals at the end. Leon Washington, Chad Pennington, Kellen Clemens, Brad Smith, Damien Woody (remember when they wouldn't pay him?), Jerricho Cotchery, the list goes on and on and on. This is just the lastest example of feckless behavior by a bunch of stuffed suits cowering under their desks with their iphones around here.
    lol, don't try to make Tim into some victim. He came here because he thought he knew that Mark sucked and thought he could swoop in and start once Mark failed bad enough. Unfortunately, what Tim didn't take into account is that he HIMSELF is a terrible QB as well.

Tim thought he could take someone's job and it backfired on him. Cry me a damn river, lol.

Nope, all that proves is that they were afraid to start Tebow just in case he was actually successful. If successful, Jets fans would have called for him to be the permanent starter, and with another $17 million owed to Sanchez next year (that's the cap hit if they cut him) they had no intention of having to deal with that problem. That's the reason they didn't start Tebow. Then instead of admitting this they made the guy look like a garbage player instead, then they stood back in the shadows saying nothing while the press and the fans tore him apart.

Face it, we are no lead by honorable people around here... This is a well known fact around the NFL.

Haha, you Lolbow fans are priceless. Never change, lol.

Id be lying if I said I didnt feel for Tim and how it went down, Jets defensive end Mike DeVito told WFAN co-hosts Evan Roberts and Joe Benigno on Friday. I dont make the decisions as far as who goes in there. Im not qualified to do that, and I trust the guys that we have to do that, but Tim has such an intangible in the type of leader and the type of person that he is. I feel like it makes everybody around him play at a higher level. I would have liked to see him get a chance.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...-get-a-chance/

This is the question most Jets fans have about last season. When Sanchez was playing so bad why didn't Rex/Sparano give Tebow a shot to see if the team would respond to him and win a couple of more games? I mean the Jets were going to lose anyway, that was very obvious, why wouldn't they try every avenue they had to win some games? I don't think we'll ever get an honest answer from this organization.
    Total agreement ... And no, we will never get an honest answer ... Ever. "Mark gave us the best chance to win"

lol, don't try to make Tim into some victim. He came here because he thought he knew that Mark sucked and thought he could swoop in and start once Mark failed bad enough. Unfortunately, what Tim didn't take into account is that he HIMSELF is a terrible QB as well.

Tim thought he could take someone's job and it backfired on him. Cry me a damn river, lol.
    Question is ... Would you rather suck with mark or Tim? I'd take Tim.