Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 100 of 100

Thread: Devito wishes Tebow would have been given a chance

  1. #81
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Two things:

    1) The Jets signed Tebow because they thought they could sell tickets to Tebowmaniacs. That's is the only reason they signed him. It was just another publicity stunt, just another stupid gimmick, because we know how much the Jets love gimmicks don't we?

    2) As far as McElroy goes, you don't find it strange that the o-line let up 11 sacks in that game? Gee I wonder how that happens... All of sudden the o-line lets up a horrifying 11 sacks... Hmm... Hey, did you ever think that they may have been calling plays and employing blocking schemes just to make the kid look bad so they the fans would be calling for Sanchez again? It's no secret that they don't like McElroy after his press conferences last season pointing out the problems in the lockerroom. Could the 11 sacks have been repayment for that? Was that the Jets way of killing the kids career before it even started? Think about that for a while.



    The Jets had no intention of starting Tebow OR McElroy because they are tied to Sanchez for over $17 million next season if they cut or him or $12.9 million if they bench him. The Jets can't do anything else but start Mark Sanchez at this point, and they're doing all sorts of things to downplay all the other QB's on this team because they know they have no choice but to live out this nightmare again next season no matter who the GM is.
    So Jets management suppressed a QB they knew would be good and help them win games in favor of one who was struggling terribly to save face. Makes sense. And then when they finally had to pull their QB they skip number 2 to go straight to 3 since that would somehow make them look better. Got it. And finally when 3 played they coached the linemen to get him sacked on purpose. Aha!

    Thank you for clearing this all up. When you lay it out like that, how could anyone disagree? One last thing - what is your stance on tin foil hats?

  2. #82
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Tebow can succeed if a team goes "all-in" and builds an offense around him.....Fast and quick linemen, Percy Harvin type WR's, and speed backs. Run the Florida-Spread and I think it would be tough to stop with the right pieces and the right mind behind it (Chip Kelly or someone like that)......Might not be the greatest offense in the NFL but it could be decent for sure

    Hell, Denver had success with Tebow in this kind of offense and it was a patchwork job that didn't even have everything in place from the start as they had to switch offenses half way into the season....

    Obviously with the beyond boring Rex/Sparano combo and our offensive personnel there was no shot from the start of this type of situation working out.....Even so, I would have rather seen Tebow show us what he could do than Sanchez turning the ball over in every way possible down the stretch
    Oh I see. So a team needs to fill his offense with unique linemen, find a bunch of Percy Harvins to play WR's, and go with a totally unique playbook and also find some other backup QB that equally needs the same type of unique pieces in case Tebow gets hurts so they're not learning a new playbook mid season. And when they do it may not be the best in the world but could be decent. And if its not then you start completely from scratch replacing all those linemen and the imaginary dearth of Percy Harvins at WR. Got it!

  3. #83
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Devito has always been a stand-up guy, an overacheiver(unlike 90% of his Jet teammates), somebody who you can respect because he never tries to be somebody he's not and always gives an honest effort. I think his comments are telling because he probably said(on the record, I might add, unlike the unnammed cowards in that lockeroom) what many other guys felt but are too gutless to admit, that had Tebow been given a chance to lead the team after that Thanksgiving disaster, the Jets would have made the playoffs. He was saying, in a more polite way, what Ray Lucas said on SNY after the last game of the year, that " Mark Sanchez never gives you the best chance to win."

  4. #84
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just find it funny everyone is assuming tebow is gone but maybe the new gm likes him we don't know.

    your talking about a gm who had a hand in bringing kapernick to sf when alex smith was one win away from the championship game last year.


    It will be so funny if tebow remains on the jets.

  5. #85
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,180
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    i just find it funny everyone is assuming tebow is gone but maybe the new gm likes him we don't know.

    your talking about a gm who had a hand in bringing kapernick to sf when alex smith was one win away from the championship game last year.


    It will be so funny if tebow remains on the jets.
    Gamble is a football guy, not a TMZ type of guy. Tebow won't be here because he brings nothing to the table skill wise.

  6. #86
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    i just find it funny everyone is assuming tebow is gone but maybe the new gm likes him we don't know.

    your talking about a gm who had a hand in bringing kapernick to sf when alex smith was one win away from the championship game last year.


    It will be so funny if tebow remains on the jets.
    I hear what you are saying, but if that happens, I don't think FUNNY would be the word 98% of the guys on this site would use

  7. #87
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,196
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What do you find strange about a 7th rd draft choice starting his first game ends up holding on to the ball to long. It is not like the line never gave pressure up with Sanchez back there.

    The only way Sanchez is going to win the starting job next year is by outplaying the comp. If you want to start a conspiracy at least wait to see who they bring in for competition. If it is Curtis Painter, then you might be on to something
    Thank you.....

    You see the 11 sack performance doesn't comport with the Sanchez hate out here that caused some to say "just put any QB under center for the Jets" and the RBs will turn into Gayle Sayers and the WRs into our versions of Jerry Rice!!!

    And when that DIDN'T HAPPEN now they have to say that the OL in total disregard for their job or professionalism conspired to get the back-up QB replacing Sanchez killed in order to "pay him back" for his silly statements.....

    It is silly and once again we have a Pats fans telling the truth.....

    Good Grief....
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-06-2013 at 10:39 AM.

  8. #88
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Mike Devito has always been a stand-up guy, an overacheiver(unlike 90% of his Jet teammates), somebody who you can respect because he never tries to be somebody he's not and always gives an honest effort. I think his comments are telling because he probably said(on the record, I might add, unlike the unnammed cowards in that lockeroom) what many other guys felt but are too gutless to admit, that had Tebow been given a chance to lead the team after that Thanksgiving disaster, the Jets would have made the playoffs. He was saying, in a more polite way, what Ray Lucas said on SNY after the last game of the year, that " Mark Sanchez never gives you the best chance to win."
    Seriously, why do all you people ignore ALL the warning signs that show that Tebow sucks as a QB and insist that everyone - from players, to coaches, to fans, to Jesus Christ himself all wanted Tebow to be the starter and only the Jets management ran a conspiracy to bench him. You people are as clueless as the media that scrambled to training camp to watch Tebow jog shirtless in the rain.

  9. #89
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Tebow CONSPIRACY THEORIES were started by reporters, not Tebow fans. If you like, I can post links to several articles in the NJ and NY newspapers suggesting that Tebow was not started because it would make Rex Ryan look like an idiot for not starting him earlier. However, it is a fact that Ryan and Tanny extended Sanchez's contract with more guaranteed money after they tried to get Peyton Manning and before they got Tebow. This action shows their belief that Mark was a "franchise QB", and fuels the theory they would both look incompetent if they put Tebow in for the last 2 games and he played well.

    There are other theories that attempt to explain Rex's actions. Here are some:

    (1) Ryan didn't want Tebow in the first place - maybe Woody or Tanny did - so Rex thumbed his nose at them by using Tebow in the worst possible way. Maybe Tebow was shoved down his throat. In other words: Rex Ryan would rather lose with a QB he chose than win with a QB he didn't choose, or he's so stubborn he'd cut off his nose to spite his face. If this is true then it shows beyond a doubt that Ryan sucks as a head coach. A good head coach isn't too proud to admit he made a mistake. A good head coach isn't too stubborn to try out every weapon in his arsenal.

    (2) Ryan DID want Tebow on the team either for the publicity, or to challenge and push Mark to perform better, or to use Tebow to complement Sanchez's plays, or to force opponents to waste time preparing for Tebow all year long. Maybe Sparano assured Ryan that he could design plays that would be effective for Tebow, much like the plays Tebow made as Backup QB for the Broncos. Sparano isn't good at thinking outside of the box. He wasn't creative enough to design anything but ineffective vanilla plays for any of the 3 QBs on our team, so Rex had to abandon that idea. This covers the "it was Sparano's fault" scapegoating theory the Jets' spinmasters are pushing now, but doesn't explain why Rex hyped Tebow and the secret plays almost all season

    Now y'all can post your typical canned responses to my post. I'll go ahead and rebut a few to save you time.

    (1) Nowhere in this post did I state that Tebow is a future HOF QB.
    (2) Nowhere in this post did I say that Tebow deserved a chance to start.
    (3) Nowhere in this post did I say that there was a giant Machiavellian scheme to sabotage Tebow's career.
    (4) Nowhere in this post did I imply that I drink Jesus Juice.

    Yes, I agree it's ludicrous to think a Head Coach wouldn't start the QB that gives him the best chance of winning. But this is Rex Ryan we're talking about. What reasonable explanation is there?

    What else? You'll say that Tebow sucked so bad in practice that Rex couldn't possibly start him for a game. I say for the last 2 games of the season there was nothing to lose. If Tebow sucked it wouldn't matter because we were out of playoff contention. There is no reasonable explanation for Rex's refusal to take Tebow for a test drive for the last 2 games of the season. That's why fans and sports pundits are searching for any reason, logical or illogical, for Rex's actions this season. Rex's words said one thing, but his actions said another, and actions speak louder than words.

    I'm waiting for the usual attack and hyperbole about how Tebow sucks so bad he "couldn't beat out Sanchez" for the starting job. Just tell me what Rex Ryan had to lose by starting Tebow for the last 2 games.

  10. #90
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    The Tebow CONSPIRACY THEORIES were started by reporters, not Tebow fans. If you like, I can post links to several articles in the NJ and NY newspapers suggesting that Tebow was not started because it would make Rex Ryan look like an idiot for not starting him earlier. However, it is a fact that Ryan and Tanny extended Sanchez's contract with more guaranteed money after they tried to get Peyton Manning and before they got Tebow. This action shows their belief that Mark was a "franchise QB", and fuels the theory they would both look incompetent if they put Tebow in for the last 2 games and he played well.

    There are other theories that attempt to explain Rex's actions. Here are some:

    (1) Ryan didn't want Tebow in the first place - maybe Woody or Tanny did - so Rex thumbed his nose at them by using Tebow in the worst possible way. Maybe Tebow was shoved down his throat. In other words: Rex Ryan would rather lose with a QB he chose than win with a QB he didn't choose, or he's so stubborn he'd cut off his nose to spite his face. If this is true then it shows beyond a doubt that Ryan sucks as a head coach. A good head coach isn't too proud to admit he made a mistake. A good head coach isn't too stubborn to try out every weapon in his arsenal.

    (2) Ryan DID want Tebow on the team either for the publicity, or to challenge and push Mark to perform better, or to use Tebow to complement Sanchez's plays, or to force opponents to waste time preparing for Tebow all year long. Maybe Sparano assured Ryan that he could design plays that would be effective for Tebow, much like the plays Tebow made as Backup QB for the Broncos. Sparano isn't good at thinking outside of the box. He wasn't creative enough to design anything but ineffective vanilla plays for any of the 3 QBs on our team, so Rex had to abandon that idea. This covers the "it was Sparano's fault" scapegoating theory the Jets' spinmasters are pushing now, but doesn't explain why Rex hyped Tebow and the secret plays almost all season

    Now y'all can post your typical canned responses to my post. I'll go ahead and rebut a few to save you time.

    (1) Nowhere in this post did I state that Tebow is a future HOF QB.
    (2) Nowhere in this post did I say that Tebow deserved a chance to start.
    (3) Nowhere in this post did I say that there was a giant Machiavellian scheme to sabotage Tebow's career.
    (4) Nowhere in this post did I imply that I drink Jesus Juice.

    Yes, I agree it's ludicrous to think a Head Coach wouldn't start the QB that gives him the best chance of winning. But this is Rex Ryan we're talking about. What reasonable explanation is there?

    What else? You'll say that Tebow sucked so bad in practice that Rex couldn't possibly start him for a game. I say for the last 2 games of the season there was nothing to lose. If Tebow sucked it wouldn't matter because we were out of playoff contention. There is no reasonable explanation for Rex's refusal to take Tebow for a test drive for the last 2 games of the season. That's why fans and sports pundits are searching for any reason, logical or illogical, for Rex's actions this season. Rex's words said one thing, but his actions said another, and actions speak louder than words.

    I'm waiting for the usual attack and hyperbole about how Tebow sucks so bad he "couldn't beat out Sanchez" for the starting job. Just tell me what Rex Ryan had to lose by starting Tebow for the last 2 games.
    Ill try and answer this without getting into an argument like last time. Tebow didn't start the last two games for more than 1 reason IMO.

    1. In order for him to be effective, the team would have needed to implement the read-option and they just weren't going to do all that work and go through all of that to save their pride with nothing to play for. Especially considering that Tim was likely going to be gone next year.

    2. More importantly, Greg McElroy was a Tannenbaum draft pick. Tebow was not. With his job on the line, Tannenbaum didn't give a flying f*** about Tim's feelings. If Greg turned out to be anything worthwhile than perhaps he wouldn't have gotten canned this season.

    These are two simple (and likely) reasons Tebow wasn't named the starter. Ryan also delegated to Cavanaugh and Sparano if you want to throw that in. In their minds, the best option for a traditional NFL offense was McElroy (or sanchez in week 16). Nothing more, nothing less. This has nothing to do with being gutless, it has nothing to do with refusing to admit they were wrong.

    Btw, although it was an awful extension, the contract was given so they could get further under the cap. It however was a gamble because Sanchez was a huge question mark and unfortunately for Tanny, he regressed instead of progressing.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 01-06-2013 at 05:27 PM.

  11. #91
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    1. In order for him to be effective, the team would have needed to implement the read-option and they just weren't going to do all that work and go through all of that to save their pride with nothing to play for. Especially considering that Tim was likely going to be gone next year.

    2. More importantly, Greg McElroy was a Tannenbaum draft pick. Tebow was not. With his job on the line, Tannenbaum didn't give a flying f*** about Tim's feelings. If Greg turned out to be anything worthwhile than perhaps he wouldn't have gotten canned this season.

    These are two simple (and likely) reasons Tebow wasn't named the starter. Ryan also delegated to Cavanaugh and Sparano if you want to throw that in. In their minds, the best option for a traditional NFL offense was McElroy (or sanchez in week 16). Nothing more, nothing less. This has nothing to do with being gutless, it has nothing to do with refusing to admit they were wrong.

    Btw, although it was an awful extension, the contract was given so they could get further under the cap. It however was a gamble because Sanchez was a huge question mark and unfortunately for Tanny, he regressed instead of progressing.
    Thank you, Mogglez. I'm sorry about arguing earlier. I appreciate your thoughtful and impartial answer.

    I didn't know that McElroy was Tanny's pick. I figured he was Ryan AND Tanny's pick, just like I think Sanchez was. Tanny fighting to save his job is a reasonable and valid argument for starting McElroy over Tebow in at least one game.

    I never expected them to change the offense for Tebow. I agree that at that point in the season it would be ridiculous to learn a new offense. I think they should have let him start one game in the traditional offense to sink or swim. That is what Rex said Tebow would do when he had him as the active backup with broken ribs - that if Sanchez was injured Tebow would play in the traditional offense. He said Tebow had taken the reps that week and knew the plays - McElroy didn't.

    The last 2 games of the season were perfect opportunities to assess the talent of McElroy and Tebow because we were out of playoff contention. Did it really matter if we lost 2 more games by trying our McElroy and Tebow?

    Posters here have said that McElroy got the start in a real game so the coaches could evaluate him for next year (as a backup or a starter). That makes sense, and I have no problem with that. However, the same was not done for Tebow, which made it seem as if the coaches didn't need to evaluate him in a real game because he wasn't going to be on the team next year.

  12. #92
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow running the Jets' "traditional offense" -- under center, with dropbacks and passing -- would have been a bigger disaster than Sanchez. And I honestly don't believe the Jets had enough read option/wildcat plays installed that could get them through an entire game.

  13. #93
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Tebow running the Jets' "traditional offense" -- under center, with dropbacks and passing -- would have been a bigger disaster than Sanchez. And I honestly don't believe the Jets had enough read option/wildcat plays installed that could get them through an entire game.
    I wouldn't have wanted to see option/wildcat plays, just the traditional O.

    And a loss is still a loss, whether or not it's a "bigger disaster", whether it's ugly or pretty.

    We had nothing to lose.

  14. #94
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Ill try and answer this without getting into an argument like last time. Tebow didn't start the last two games for more than 1 reason IMO.

    1. In order for him to be effective, the team would have needed to implement the read-option and they just weren't going to do all that work and go through all of that to save their pride with nothing to play for. Especially considering that Tim was likely going to be gone next year.

    2. More importantly, Greg McElroy was a Tannenbaum draft pick. Tebow was not. With his job on the line, Tannenbaum didn't give a flying f*** about Tim's feelings. If Greg turned out to be anything worthwhile than perhaps he wouldn't have gotten canned this season.

    These are two simple (and likely) reasons Tebow wasn't named the starter. Ryan also delegated to Cavanaugh and Sparano if you want to throw that in. In their minds, the best option for a traditional NFL offense was McElroy (or sanchez in week 16). Nothing more, nothing less. This has nothing to do with being gutless, it has nothing to do with refusing to admit they were wrong.

    Btw, although it was an awful extension, the contract was given so they could get further under the cap. It however was a gamble because Sanchez was a huge question mark and unfortunately for Tanny, he regressed instead of progressing.
    Mogdawg, what did I tell you about using logic and reasoning? We will have none of that here, mister.

  15. #95
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Mogdawg, what did I tell you about using logic and reasoning? We will have none of that here, mister.
    Ha! If by "we" you really mean "we", you got that right.

  16. #96
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    The Tebow CONSPIRACY THEORIES were started by reporters, not Tebow fans. If you like, I can post links to several articles in the NJ and NY newspapers suggesting that Tebow was not started because it would make Rex Ryan look like an idiot for not starting him earlier. However, it is a fact that Ryan and Tanny extended Sanchez's contract with more guaranteed money after they tried to get Peyton Manning and before they got Tebow. This action shows their belief that Mark was a "franchise QB", and fuels the theory they would both look incompetent if they put Tebow in for the last 2 games and he played well.

    There are other theories that attempt to explain Rex's actions. Here are some:

    (1) Ryan didn't want Tebow in the first place - maybe Woody or Tanny did - so Rex thumbed his nose at them by using Tebow in the worst possible way. Maybe Tebow was shoved down his throat. In other words: Rex Ryan would rather lose with a QB he chose than win with a QB he didn't choose, or he's so stubborn he'd cut off his nose to spite his face. If this is true then it shows beyond a doubt that Ryan sucks as a head coach. A good head coach isn't too proud to admit he made a mistake. A good head coach isn't too stubborn to try out every weapon in his arsenal.

    (2) Ryan DID want Tebow on the team either for the publicity, or to challenge and push Mark to perform better, or to use Tebow to complement Sanchez's plays, or to force opponents to waste time preparing for Tebow all year long. Maybe Sparano assured Ryan that he could design plays that would be effective for Tebow, much like the plays Tebow made as Backup QB for the Broncos. Sparano isn't good at thinking outside of the box. He wasn't creative enough to design anything but ineffective vanilla plays for any of the 3 QBs on our team, so Rex had to abandon that idea. This covers the "it was Sparano's fault" scapegoating theory the Jets' spinmasters are pushing now, but doesn't explain why Rex hyped Tebow and the secret plays almost all season

    Now y'all can post your typical canned responses to my post. I'll go ahead and rebut a few to save you time.

    (1) Nowhere in this post did I state that Tebow is a future HOF QB.
    (2) Nowhere in this post did I say that Tebow deserved a chance to start.
    (3) Nowhere in this post did I say that there was a giant Machiavellian scheme to sabotage Tebow's career.
    (4) Nowhere in this post did I imply that I drink Jesus Juice.

    Yes, I agree it's ludicrous to think a Head Coach wouldn't start the QB that gives him the best chance of winning. But this is Rex Ryan we're talking about. What reasonable explanation is there?

    What else? You'll say that Tebow sucked so bad in practice that Rex couldn't possibly start him for a game. I say for the last 2 games of the season there was nothing to lose. If Tebow sucked it wouldn't matter because we were out of playoff contention. There is no reasonable explanation for Rex's refusal to take Tebow for a test drive for the last 2 games of the season. That's why fans and sports pundits are searching for any reason, logical or illogical, for Rex's actions this season. Rex's words said one thing, but his actions said another, and actions speak louder than words.

    I'm waiting for the usual attack and hyperbole about how Tebow sucks so bad he "couldn't beat out Sanchez" for the starting job. Just tell me what Rex Ryan had to lose by starting Tebow for the last 2 games.
    I think it was def. #1. After success with Brad smith with the wildcat, 1st two years, Rex saw the difference missing that last year. It was obvious after last year Sanchez was not a very good qb, so get more of the wildcat in there to get the O going. Sparano Im sure said "I want tebow I can make it work well" like he assured he could work around Sanchez's weaknesses lol.. Plus it was thought Sparano was the king of the wildcat, but in reality his qb coach was the brains behind his wildcat success in Miami. That was found out pretty early in season. Sparano was a complete disaster for Mark,tim, and the Jets.

  17. #97
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    I think it was def. #1. After success with Brad smith with the wildcat, 1st two years, Rex saw the difference missing that last year. It was obvious after last year Sanchez was not a very good qb, so get more of the wildcat in there to get the O going. Sparano Im sure said "I want tebow I can make it work well" like he assured he could work around Sanchez's weaknesses lol.. Plus it was thought Sparano was the king of the wildcat, but in reality his qb coach was the brains behind his wildcat success in Miami. That was found out pretty early in season. Sparano was a complete disaster for Mark,tim, and the Jets.
    Yeah, Sparano is an awful coach, and a POS for taking credit for the Miami Wildcat when it wasn't his idea. IDK why we didn't keep Brad Smith in the 1st place. More coupon cutting to get under the cap or what? It's like we go to Dollar General or Costco to find our players LOL. And our coaches - Factory closeouts.

    Sparano's wildcat was like no wildcat I've ever seen, with those predictable runs straight up the middle - unimaginative.

    Well, it is what it is. I sure wish Sparano had watched some film of Denver's games in 2010 where Tebow was used effectively along with Orton as the red zone QB, 3rd and short, etc. Then when Tebow became the starter in 2011, McCoy and Fox said in an interview that they didn't know how to run the spread option and Tebow had to teach them LOL! Said it wasn't that hard cuz most of the team had played it in college. Looking back on it, it's remarkable that Fox and McCoy didn't let their egos get in the way of the team's needs.

  18. #98
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Yeah, Sparano is an awful coach, and a POS for taking credit for the Miami Wildcat when it wasn't his idea. IDK why we didn't keep Brad Smith in the 1st place. More coupon cutting to get under the cap or what? It's like we go to Dollar General or Costco to find our players LOL. And our coaches - Factory closeouts.
    They didn't keep Smith because Buffalo offered him stupid money, more than he was worth. 4 years, $15 mil.


    Sparano's wildcat was like no wildcat I've ever seen, with those predictable runs straight up the middle - unimaginative.

    Well, it is what it is. I sure wish Sparano had watched some film of Denver's games in 2010 where Tebow was used effectively along with Orton as the red zone QB, 3rd and short, etc. Then when Tebow became the starter in 2011, McCoy and Fox said in an interview that they didn't know how to run the spread option and Tebow had to teach them LOL! Said it wasn't that hard cuz most of the team had played it in college. Looking back on it, it's remarkable that Fox and McCoy didn't let their egos get in the way of the team's needs.
    Outside of some unknown explanation, Sparano's use to Tebow borders on being criminally fraudulent.

  19. #99
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're still here?

    oh that's right....


    Teblow hasn't gone anywhere....yet.

    Patience is a virtue.

  20. #100
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    796
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DaBallhawk;4760165]

    Jimmy Crack Corn and I Don't Care
    Jimmy Crack Corn and I Don't Care
    Jimmy Crack Corn and I Don't Care
    Number 6 With The Popsicle Toe Jam

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us