Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Devito wishes Tebow would have been given a chance

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Haha, you Lolbow fans are priceless. Never change, lol.
    I'm not a Tebow fan girl, but I also know that taking a 1-4 team to the playoffs as a first-time starter then actually beating Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs (something Mark Sanchez has never done) is no easy trick. You cannot possibly suck as a quarterback and achieve that, it is just not possible no matter what the hysterical talking heads say.

The Jets feared Tebow's success more than they feared having a losing season, that is the plain truth of it. I have a strong feeling Tebow will go to Jacksonville or elsewhere and be successful, and when that happens this organization will once again be show to be one of the worst owned and managed franchises in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Devito was a great Jet.

He is a lock to go to NE.
    I hope not! Unfortunately with all the idiotic money tired up with Sanchez, we may not be able to keep him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    I'm not a Tebow fan girl, but I also know that taking a 1-4 team to the playoffs as a first-time starter then actually beating Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs (something Mark Sanchez has never done) is no easy trick. You cannot possibly suck as a quarterback and achieve that, it is just not possible no matter what the hysterical talking heads say.

The Jets feared Tebow's success more than they feared having a losing season, that is the plain truth of it. I have a strong feeling Tebow will go to Jacksonville or elsewhere and be successful, and when that happens this organization will once again be show to be one of the worst owned and managed franchises in the NFL.
    By that logic, Mark Sanchez is elite then, lol. Mark has beaten Tom Brady's Patriots and Peyton Manning's Colts on the road in the playoffs. Going with your logic, there's no way that Mark Sanchez sucks. So, why should he be benched for the guy that beat Big Ben and got his ass handed to him by Brady's pats?

Yea, your logic failed. Try again.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    FACT: If Tebow started and was successful the fans would call for him to be the starter. If this occurred the Jets would either have to bench Sanchez next season or outright cut him. Either of these options would cost the Jets $17+ million dollars in dead money and make them look like total idiots for drafting him in the first place. Not only did the Jets have no intention of having a $12.9 million dollar backup, they had no intention of admitting their mistake either, and so they benched Tebow and kept him there to protect THEMSELVES!

Feckless cowards all around in this story, all around...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    OPINION: If Tebow started and was successful the fans would call for him to be the starter. If this occurred the Jets would either have to bench Sanchez next season or outright cut him. Either of these options would cost the Jets $17+ million dollars in dead money and make them look like total idiots for drafting him in the first place. Not only did the Jets have no intention of having a $12.9 million dollar backup, they had no intention of admitting their mistake either, and so they benched Tebow and kept him there to protect THEMSELVES!

Feckless cowards all around in this story, all around...
    Fixed for accuracy.

Haha, and you say you're not a Tebow fan girl.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    By that logic, Mark Sanchez is elite then, lol. Mark has beaten Tom Brady's Patriots and Peyton Manning's Colts on the road in the playoffs. Going with your logic, there's no way that Mark Sanchez sucks. So, why should he be benched for the guy that beat Big Ben and got his ass handed to him by Brady's pats?

Yea, your logic failed. Try again.

Mark Sanchez has never carried this team... NOT ONE TIME! Rather, Sanchez has always BEEN CARRIED. He's been carried by the running game the first two seasons, then in his 3rd year he recieved less run support and faltered, then this year he recieved less support and rather than take the load on himself he faltered even worse.

This is the difference between Tebow and Sanchez: TEBOW CARRIES THE LOAD! Tebow puts the team on his shoulders and forces a win when the chips are down while Sanchez sits on the sidelines and pouts. The Jets are into Sanchez for a lot of money next year thanks to Mike Tannenbaum, and that's why MT is no longer here, but Sanchez they're stuck with and they can't get out of it, so they had no intention of starting Tebow and compounding the problem for themselves being forced to start Tebow over a $13 million dollar dud on the bench.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez has never carried this team... NOT ONE TIME! Rather, Sanchez has always BEEN CARRIED. He's been carried by the running game the first two seasons, then in his 3rd year he recieved less run support and faltered, then this year he recieved less support and rather than take the load on himself he faltered even worse.

This is the difference between Tebow and Sanchez: TEBOW CARRIES THE LOAD! Tebow puts the team on his shoulders and forces a win when the chips are down while Sanchez sits on the sidelines and pouts. The Jets are into Sanchez for a lot of money next year thanks to Mike Tannenbaum, and that's why MT is no longer here, but Sanchez they're stuck with and they can't get out of it, so they had no intention of starting Tebow and compounding the problem for themselves being forced to start Tebow over a $13 million dollar dud on the bench.
    lol @ thinking Tebow carried Denver's load. Without his Defense keeping opponents before 16 or so points and Prater kicking 50+ yard game-winners, Tebow would seen for exactly what he is: a terrible QB. Your point about the Jets starting Mark only because of his contract is completely untrue because of the fact that they, I don't know, BENCHED HIM.

I do enjoy how you start on a whole new point anytime I back you into a corner. You're gonna have to try again. Maybe this time you can talk about his college success! Oh, yeah! That'll get me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH8K0bPc-BE

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez has started 62 games in this league. He has never carried this team ONCE, not one time has he ever put this team on his back and carried it, not one time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all due respect to Devito, he either has no clue in this case or he's just being polite regarding Tim.

IMO, Tebow would make a great FULLBACK like an Alstott. But he's not nor was he EVER an NFL-Caliber QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez has started 62 games in this league. He has never carried this team ONCE, not one time has he ever put this team on his back and carried it, not one time.
    I never said he did? You're throwing these insults about Mark at me as if they effect me. I'm not a Sanchez supporter, mate. TRY. AGAIN.

I swear, at least Demos makes valid points on occasion and actually TRIES to make some sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebow View Post
    When I would have played, I had broken ribs. It's that simple. While I was technically cleared, they weren't really healed yet that was just a precaution. Broken ribs take at least four weeks...
    I had broken ribs when I was boxing in the service as a kid. It took a month to stop hurting and three months to heal completely. Unless they numb you up and give you something like Tylenol 3 you aint playing football. Trust me here,it is the most painful thing I ever experienced.

I would think Tebow could play QB before running in a wildcat.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    CAN'T WAIT for all the Tebowphiles to be gone.

I can only handle so much stupid.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one here is going to argue that Tim Tebow has the skill set of a great passer. What Devito said is Tebow is an exceptional leader.

With nothing to lose at the end of the season, what would it have hurt to put him at quarterback for a full game? Besides Mark Sanchez's feelings or Jets contractual concerns?

I am not a Tebow lover. I am a Jets lover. But id have to be blind to not see that Tebow got a raw deal from the Jets.

I'm inclined to agree with billygreen, nothing but Rex is endearing about this organization.

Oh and Darrelle Revis. Miss you buddy!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all the focus on Rex lately, I've forgotten that we haven't cut Teb**** yet- I haven't said anything pro-Sanchez in a while but I still hate Teblow like I always have- and by always, that includes his college and Broncos days, not just this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahataman View Post
    With nothing to lose at the end of the season, what would it have hurt to put him at quarterback for a full game?
    We'd have better success using KERLEY at QB.

Think about that for a sec.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a big fan of Tebow the Quarterback. I simply don't think he has the tools and makeup to be an effective, consistent starting quarterback.

I do like Tim as a person.

With the above said, as the Jets trucked down the road towards a 6-10 season it would have been really good to see Tebow get one shot. Let him start a game and finish it. At worse, he makes us 5-11 or keeps us at 6-10 by losing a game we'd lose anyway. At best he shows a few things that make him trade-able for a draft pick in the top half of the draft!

The way it stands now, he's already been traded once and the Jets have now given the ENTIRE NFL the impression that he couldn't even throw a football forward in practice. I mean other teams have to be thinking, how much of a horror show was this guy in practice that he couldn't even get a single start on a 6-10 team over a quarterback who threw 4 interceptions in a game???

Starting Tebow once, no matter how he did, was a win-win for us....and we didn't do it. If he fails, he shuts up the Tebowites around here and validates the Jets decision to keep him on the bench all year. If he does well he increases his trade value for us. We had a lottery ticket, and whether it was a winner or loser we'll never know because we never checked the winning numbers and just kept the ticket in the drawer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I do think he was a true backup, and would have been better than Mark Sanchez late in the season. The guy won 7 out of 11 games last season and beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs, since when does that not even qualify you as a backup in this league? Once you get past the hysteria and the hype the guy got a raw deal here in New York and nobody in the organization has the balls to step up and say they did him wrong in this time here.
    Mark Sanchez beat NE, Cincy, Indy (w/ Manning), and SD in the playoffs...

He captained 9-7 and 11-5 teams. Never had a losing season either. No wonder we kept him in.

See where that logic takes you? Both Sanchez and Tebow are awful QBs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im dont think Tebow is very a very good qb.. but when you have the very worst qb in the league he should have have been given a chance.. It would be HARD for tebow to play worse than Mark Sanchez.. I would have rather taken more than half of other team's backup qb over Mark or Tim but MT never gave Jets a legit backup..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    billygreen
    All League

Departure Date: Jan 2013
    You're pumping up a guy that COULDNT EVEN BEAT OUT MARK SANCHEZ to be the starter. Even when Sanchez played so badly that he HAD to be benched, they skipped over Tebow for a 7th rounder with a cap gun arm. Tebow "led" a Broncos team to an 8-8 record. Give Manning the same D that carried Tebow and he wins FIVE more games. Tebow is garbage as a QB but at least he's a nice guy. We'll see how many teams are breaking down our doors to sign the savior this offseason.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    You're pumping up a guy that COULDNT EVEN BEAT OUT MARK SANCHEZ to be the starter. Even when Sanchez played so badly that he HAD to be benched, they skipped over Tebow for a 7th rounder with a cap gun arm. Tebow "led" a Broncos team to an 8-8 record. Give Manning the same D that carried Tebow and he wins FIVE more games. Tebow is garbage as a QB but at least he's a nice guy. We'll see how many teams are breaking down our doors to sign the savior this offseason.

LMAO!!! AWESOME GIF THERE

Clearly illustrates the SUCK that is Teblow....