Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/5

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    @RichCimini: Tom Gamble turned down second interview with Jags to focus on #Jets GM job, per @AdamSchefter. Jax leaning toward Dave Caldwell.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Jacksonville’s two GM finalists are Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell and Cardinals director of player personal Steve Keim.

Syracuse’s Doug Marrone interviewed with the Bills on Wednesday night and the Browns on Thursday. Eagles, Chargers also interested.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    I've more than 1 exec tell me they view Jacksonville as the best GM opening. I was surprised. Cited: Cap situation and rich, patient owner.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Tom Gamble turned down second interview with Jags to focus on #Jets GM job, per @AdamSchefter. Jax leaning toward Dave Caldwell.

WE GAMBLING MEN NOW
    I think we got him boys

49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble turned down chance for 2nd interview w/ Jaguars to concentrate on trying to land Jets GM job.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    I had more than 1 exec tell me they view Jacksonville as the best GM opening. I was surprised. Cited: Cap situation and rich, patient owner.

@AdamSchefter: 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble turned down chance for 2nd interview w/ Jaguars to concentrate on trying to land Jets GM job.

Lets goooooo!

Jets Insider VIP
    Gamble was a big part of San Francisco's turnaround the past two seasons with head coach Jim Harbaugh. Maybe he'll be a big part of the Jets turn aroundwith Rex Ryan.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I think we got him boys
    Yup...got to think it's close to a done deal if he is cancelling other interviews. Probably working on the contract and job specs right now. Great move for the Jets if Gamble signs.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Here's the latest entry on Gamble with the update via @AdamSchefter #nyj | http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...mble_canc.html

Hire the hope, fire the dope

After four years of circus, why not try competence.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    That's the word >>> RT @MikeGarafolo: Jets' GM interviews end early next week. Buzz is Gamble's the guy but won't be official this wknd.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross will interview with the Jets for their GM job on Monday, according to a source. #nyj

Source just said the Jets have not offered the job to Gamble or anyone else yet. #nyj

All League
    Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross will interview with the Jets for their GM job on Monday, according to a source. #nyj
    I guess this is their Rooney Rule interview.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    @RichCimini: Tom Gamble turned down second interview with Jags to focus on #Jets GM job, per @AdamSchefter. Jax leaning toward Dave Caldwell.
    Its all over the news down here. I did not see this earlier. I posted nearly the same info. Sorry.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I guess this is their Rooney Rule interview.
    Exactly, the Jets can not offer Gamble the job until they interview a minority candidate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Exactly, the Jets can not offer Gamble the job until they interview a minority candidate.
    Such a stupid rule.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Such a stupid rule.
    Agreed. AA bs.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Giants dir of college scouting Marc Ross gets his interview Monday, per NY Post. Minority candidate. #Rooneyrule #Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Too bad Joey Clinkscales still wasn't around to interview..

Jets Insider VIP
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Giants dir of college scouting Marc Ross gets his interview Monday, per NY Post. Minority candidate. #Rooneyrule #Jets
    My guess is this is the only formality holding up the Gamble agreement. There could be a wink-wink deal in place with Tom, but I'm just speculating.