Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 102

Thread: Tweets & News 1/5

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    My guess is this is the only formality holding up the Gamble agreement. There could be a wink-wink deal in place with Tom, but I'm just speculating.
    You just reminded me of Manish there for a second. Whoa.

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,788
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You just reminded me of Manish there for a second. Whoa.

  3. #43
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    My guess is this is the only formality holding up the Gamble agreement. There could be a wink-wink deal in place with Tom, but I'm just speculating.
    I am sure it is a done deal, just can not officially announce it. Why else would Gamble cancel another interview if he didnt get assurances from the Jets that he would be their guy?

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Posts
    2,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weird that the Bills job could come down to a former Jets TE(Whisenhunt) or a former Jets TE Coach(Marrone).

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should include minorities in their interview selection and pick the best candidate based on resume. For example, if we didn't have Rex as HC I would love to have Lovey Smith based on his ability. The Bears made a huge mistake by cutting him IMO.

  6. #46
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    My guess is this is the only formality holding up the Gamble agreement. There could be a wink-wink deal in place with Tom, but I'm just speculating.
    No worries since pretty much everything is speculation at this point.

  7. #47
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    18,656
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Giants dir of college scouting Marc Ross gets his interview Monday, per NY Post. Minority candidate. #Rooneyrule #Jets
    I'm pretty sure that the Rooney rule applies to Head Coaches only, not GMs.

  8. #48
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Island-Florida
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    They should include minorities in their interview selection and pick the best candidate based on resume. For example, if we didn't have Rex as HC I would love to have Lovey Smith based on his ability. The Bears made a huge mistake by cutting him IMO.
    Your suggesting they don't? Because of what???

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Rooney rule applies to Head Coaches only, not GMs.
    Thought it applied to them as well? Interesting.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Browns have requested permission to interview SF's Tom Gamble and Kansas City's Ray Farmer for their GM job.


    STAY THE **** AWAY FROM HIM, CLEVELAND!

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Rooney rule applies to Head Coaches only, not GMs.
    As of 15 June 2009, Rooney Rule requirements now apply to all searches for senior football operations positions within the NFL, regardless of a team's title for that position. It now also includes all ethnic minorities, not just African Americans.

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    As of 15 June 2009, Rooney Rule requirements now apply to all searches for senior football operations positions within the NFL, regardless of a team's title for that position. It now also includes all ethnic minorities, not just African Americans.
    Irish?

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Irish?
    You wish.

  14. #54
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems once a team actually has hired a minority coach they should get a pass twice out of the next hires that fit that category. We hired Herm. We know we want Gamble, lets get this done & the other coaching?'s locked up.

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Rooney rule applies to Head Coaches only, not GMs.

    The Rooney Rule, established in 2003,requires National Football League teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation opportunities. It is often cited as an example of affirmative action.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooney_Rule

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    As of 15 June 2009, Rooney Rule requirements now apply to all searches for senior football operations positions within the NFL, regardless of a team's title for that position. It now also includes all ethnic minorities, not just African Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The Rooney Rule, established in 2003,requires National Football League teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation opportunities. It is often cited as an example of affirmative action.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooney_Rule
    Hehe.. sucker.

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    As of 15 June 2009, Rooney Rule requirements now apply to all searches for senior football operations positions within the NFL, regardless of a team's title for that position. It now also includes all ethnic minorities, not just African Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Irish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    You wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The Rooney Rule, established in 2003,requires National Football League teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation opportunities. It is often cited as an example of affirmative action.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooney_Rule

    Maybe Jews count.


    please no phony outrage.

  18. #58
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Irish?
    About 20 more years or so then yes.

  19. #59
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    phoenix via orlando via nyc
    Posts
    427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You just reminded me of Manish there for a second. Whoa.
    he did not say unanimous sources

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfaninmickeymouseland View Post
    he did not say unanimous sources
    Good to hear the sources are all united in...something.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us