So in the past 24 years, Gamble has:

- Coached in the NFL
    - Been a head of college scouting
    - Been a head of pro scouting
    - Has experience with contract negotiations
    - Currently resides on a legit SB contender with tons of homegrown talent

How could you not want this guy?

+1

Tom Gamble and Jim Tomusla works for me. Or Steve Mariucci. Or even Mike Singletary. Looking forward to Tuesday.

Jim Tomsula looks like an unperverted and intelligent Rex Ryan or a young Ron Jeremy. I'm in.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-05-2013 at 11:45 AM.

wasn't Gamble an assistant with the Jets the season they went 1-15?

seriously though, this would be a great move

can't say i know a thing about gamble but the 49ers were on the bottom looking up for quite a few seasons and they're finally on the right track. they were in cap hell after walsh left and debartolo got caught manipulating contracts. so if gamble was a huge part of their resurgence then he's probably not a bad hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    =Alex Smith wants a lot of $$$$. But if we get some interest in Sanchez, it could get done..... Andy Reid needs a QB in KC. I like Sanchez.... but he needs a change of scenery. Bad coaching by Rex, Sparano, Cavanaugh, ruined the kid.

-If Gamble hires the right people..... Jets could have hope once more. Stay tuned.
    Alex Smith is not a free agent. He has to be traded and his contract is less than that of Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

Tom Gamble and Steve Mariucci works for me. Looking forward to Tuesday.

SAR I
    Rex is most likely staying, but I'm down with whatever Gamble wants to do.

Give him full control

Some late round picks: Bowman (3rd), Dixon (6th), Hunter (4th), Williams (6th), Goldson (4th), Walker (6th), Gore (3rd).

as well as Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, Joe Staley, and Crabtree.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Rex is most likely staying, but I'm down with whatever Gamble wants to do.

Give him full control
    This. Whether he wants to keep Rex or fire him, let HIM make the decisions.

Jets Insider VIP
    hell yes this is good news

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Some late round picks: Bowman (3rd), Dixon (6th), Hunter (4th), Williams (6th), Goldson (4th), Walker (6th), Gore (3rd).

Sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post

This

All League
    http://www.49ers.com/team/staff/tom-...8-6bfb470bb433

Tom Gamble is in his 24th NFL season and his seventh year with the 49ers. On February 4, 2011, Gamble was promoted to Director of Player Personnel after having served as the Director of Pro Personnel for the previous seven years in San Francisco.

Gamble’s extensive NFL resume includes work in both college and pro scouting, contract negotiations, and a stint in the coaching ranks.

While working closely with General Manager Trent Baalke, Gamble oversees both the college and pro personnel efforts. In his previous role, Gamble monitored every NFL roster with an emphasis on scouting talent of upcoming pro free agents, while also maintaining continuous depth of personnel on the 49ers roster. In 2010, Gamble had been assigned additional responsibilities in collegiate scouting in order to maximize the use of his extensive experience in talent evaluation.

During his time in the NFL, Gamble has helped build nine playoff teams – five with Indianapolis and four with Philadelphia. Prior to his arrival in San Francisco, Gamble served as a college scout for the Colts from 1998 to 2004 under veteran NFL executive Bill Polian.

Gamble originally entered the NFL as an assistant in the player personnel department of the Philadelphia Eagles in 1988. He stayed with the Eagles through 1994, serving as a college scouting administrator, area scout, contract negotiator, and later served as the director of pro scouting.

From 1995 to 1996, Gamble served as a defensive assistant/quality control coach with the New York Jets. He then worked as a part-time college scout for the Carolina Panthers before serving as a pro scout for the Baltimore Ravens during the 1997 season.

Gamble earned his B.S. from High Point University in 1987 and an M.S. from Rowan University in 1988. He grew up in a football family, where his father, Harry, served as the head coach at both the University of Pennsylvania and Lafayette College. Harry was also formerly the President of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Gamble and his wife, Juliette, have three sons, Tom, Gregory and Matthew.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini In order for Gamble to sign with the Jets Rex Ryan must be dismissed by Tuesday per SF sources

SAR I
    i can see this scenario. gamble says to woody how serious are you wanting me here only way i come is you fire rex ryan or im able to. done deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Gotta hand it to Woody

He's doing whatever it takes to get this team back on track.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini In order for Gamble to sign with the Jets Rex Ryan must be dismissed by Tuesday per SF sources

SAR I
    Where did you get this quote? It's not any where in Cimini's twitter when i search it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Charter JI Member

SAR I
    Now your faking tweets?

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Where did you get this quote? It's not any where in Cimini's twitter when i search it.

I'm pretty sure he's kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post

He made it up

Quote Originally Posted by MagroCrag View Post
    This
    Aldon Smith yes, but when those other players were acquired he was in pro personnel not college. He brought in some excellent pro players Rogers, Whittner, Justin Smith, Ginn, etc, Be happy for what he did do.

some of you are happy and you don't even know why you should be happy.

SAR I
    Lmao.

But in all seroiusness it should be Gambles call. If he wants to keep Rex then I will trust him. Maybe Rex won't be as much of a clown with him around.
    Last edited by Jet Life; 01-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Now your faking tweets?
    ban.