Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Gamble turns down 2nd interview with Jags to focus on Jets

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Most of us aren't expecting 2013 to be anything more than a rebuilding year. We're looking to 2014 when the cap is cleaned up and Rex is likely gone. Gotta start some time.
    I know, but selfishly I'd like to get going on the rebuild as soon as possible and not delay the inevitable another year for no reason.

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are going to be gone in 2016. We need 3 years to get ready. If you do the math, it makes you angry.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am suggesting that Tomsula would be an excellent backup plan for Gamble. And to get him to come here Gamble can tell him that. I am not saying that Gamble says that to Rex. But yes, I want Gamble to come here and establish some sort of authority. We are clearly lacking that.

BTW, I think even you can admit that Rex is on a short leash.
    I already have

If the Jets return to the playoffs next year, it's a new life for Rex.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Another example that you are just a know-nothing kid

When you become a parent, with a daughter, then you'll understand.

Nothing phony about it.
    Not sure what being a parent of a daughter has to do with SAR making a Twitter joke.

Unless you are taking a jab at SAR or I missed a post where he said something about somebody's daughter.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Sar, I feel for you. People can't read. This is your original post, where at the end, you clearly state it's a joke. Actually, thought it was funny as sh*t, one of your better posts. Some of us got it.
    We can read fine. That is a combination of two threads when he was caught for being full of crap.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I already have

If the Jets return to the playoffs next year, it's a new life for Rex.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I know, but selfishly I'd like to get going on the rebuild as soon as possible and not delay the inevitable another year for no reason.

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are going to be gone in 2016. We need 3 years to get ready. If you do the math, it makes you angry.

SAR I
    I hear you. And don't disagree but as long as we have a solid offensive draft and begin a youth movement on defense I'll be excited to watch every play next year, win or lose.

But I do agree, if Gamble is likely to fire Rex next year (which has been the recent history with these situations) why not give the new coach another year to do things his way?

Woody hasn't been cheap but this reeks of saving money - I can't blame anyone for reasonable decisions with their pocketbook. While not ideal it is reasonable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Deal will be done by tomorrow night at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    link? or opinion?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Maybe

Although I think it's virtually guaranteed that Gamble will be on display at Tuesdays press conference.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Why would Gamble want to come here? Doesn't he know about Rex's tattoo? Tom is taking a big gamble.

Sooooo shocked Manish with all of his sources didn't break this news!

With Gamble as the new GM, Rex is going to get a fair evaluation in 2013. Rex will trust Gamble to do that. If Rex can be open to what Gamble wants to do to revamp the offense. Starting with a new OC and QB coach, then start to add a couple of pieces, especially to the OL and RB positions. And most importantly...the QB position. Gamble should want to dump Sanchez as much as most of us here want to see happen. Get a veteran in here,(Hasselbeck...Moore...or maybe a Alex Smith) that is not going to be a TO machine, and the Jets should be in just about every football game.

And in the 2013 draft...use a mid round pick to bring in a QB. Start the process for developing the future franchise QB. You can still use a #1 in 2014, to further that search for a QB NYJ, that can lead this team to a Lombardi Trophy.

So Jets could be a competitive team in 2013, with some modest changes. Probably not a playoff team. But a team that can be a competitive 6-8 team. A team that plays hard. Therefore an acceptable losing season, that leaves the fans feeling real good about 2014 and beyond.

If Rex continues to handle everything on offense poorly...then he needs to be shown the door. Unless Gamble has a Rex tattoo on his biceps...I'm sure he'll make that decision...cause it's what's good for the NYJ for the long haul.

But if Gamble and Rex are working well together...then all I can say to the hyper acidic Rex haters...use your acidic tongues and lick the #6 tattoo off of Rex' biceps please. Cause fan ego's can use a humbling on occasions too.

I don't give a sh!t about being right or wrong...I want this to work. I'm not rooting for Rex to fail...or saying "see...I told you so...that this GM-Rex forced marriage would be a bust."

I'd rather be surprised...I'd rather see it work. And even if most fans don't...I think overwhelmingly the players want this to succeed too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Maybe

Although I think it's virtually guaranteed that Gamble will be on display at Tuesdays press conference.
    If he didn't cancel the Jags interview, I wouldn't be so sure. But given that fact, I'd say the Jets and Gamble are hammering out a contract as we speak. There's no way, barring something unforeseen, he's not signed up by tomorrow night.

JetsInsider.com Legend

SAR I
    The Jets were rebuilding in 2009 with a brand new head coach and a rookie QB. They ended up a heartbeat away from the Super Bowl. There's no time to rebuild in the NFL anymore, SAR. You have to take a shot every year because you never know what will happen. The time is now! It always is.

but no one wants the jets gm job doe

SAR I
    Look at the big picture. Gamble has 2013 to get the Jets out of cap hell with the salary cap purge; trade/cut Holmes, trade/cut Sanchez and trade Revis; and rebuild through the draft.

Gamble is friends with Rex so Rex is somewhat comfortable with the situation in that he can work with the guy. That being said, Rex is on a short leash in 2013 because there is no way a new GM is going to let the clown bring him down long term.

If Rex can take the rebuilt roster and win 6-8 games next year, he comes back in 2014. Anyone who can win 6-8 games with the crap that this team is going to field deserves one more year. If the team quits on him or the 3-ring circus continues to explode around this team, the Jets get a top-ten pick in 2014 and Rex is fired. Gamble gets a clean slate, Rex takes the fall, and has a year to identify potential replacements.