Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Gamble turns down 2nd interview with Jags to focus on Jets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETZONI View Post
    If we get Gamble, I do gota give Woody some props…
    I don't really get the people who have called Woody a terrible owner or that no decent GM would want to work for him. Woody is not a football expert. He is an owner. It seems to me that he always is willing to spend money. He has just spent it poorly based on bad decisions by his football people. If I was interviewing for a GM position I would have three main criteria. 1) The owner is willing to spend whatever money it takes to win; 2) I get final say in all football decisions; and 3) the owner is not prone to knee-jerk decisions. The Jets have 1 and 3, and they have 2 with the caveat that Rex stays at least one more year. It seems to me, that long term, it's a great place to land for a GM that wants to build something long term.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    No link but shifty Schefter just said on sportscenter that Gamble turned down a 2nd interview with the Jags so "he can concentrate on landing the Jets job".
    Great news - not playoffs but something to look forward to, let's get this done!

Jets fans need some good news

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Thanks.

They'll tolerate Tattoo and his bad timing and his fetishes but one of their own here on JI? Nope. I'm the bad guy.

SAR I
    Tremendous!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It wasn't intended to make you upset or cry. If I cost you 3 or 4 tissues, I'll PayPal you the $0.10 cents.

I adjusted the original post and am getting a tattoo with an emoticon in a Mark Sanchez jersey.

SAR I
    How dare you make a joke on a message board! This is serious, serious bidness.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    But the Jets can't land a top candidate

Rex would scare them off

The cap would scare them off

Woody would scare them off

Manish would scare them off

They are the Jets

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    +1

Rah Rah was totally wrong, again.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I don't really get the people who have called Woody a terrible owner or that no decent GM would want to work for him. Woody is not a football expert. He is an owner. It seems to me that he always is willing to spend money. He has just spent it poorly based on bad decisions by his football people. If I was interviewing for a GM position I would have three main criteria. 1) The owner is willing to spend whatever money it takes to win; 2) I get final say in all football decisions; and 3) the owner is not prone to knee-jerk decisions. The Jets have 1 and 3, and they have 2 with the caveat that Rex stays at least one more year. It seems to me, that long term, it's a great place to land for a GM that wants to build something long term.
    +1 Very good post

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    It's a chance of a lifetime for a confident and capable individual, to have an opportunity at a GM NFL position.

Woody is using a qualified consulting agency, to help with the GM search. He's also leaning on advice from Polian, a highly respected individual within the NFL community. He's not promoting someone inside the current Jets organization...to be a flunky GM.

As far as Rex goes. Who knows if the consultants and/or Polian, may have told Woody not to fire Rex. Also...maybe the Gamble camp leaked word...perhaps even through Polian...not to fire Rex. We don't know anything about this for sure. What we do know is that Gamble and Rex have a positive history together. And a mutual respect for each other. So this marriage has a chance to work. In spite of the of expert insistence of fans that know otherwise, through their superior knowledge of everything football related. We'll just have to wait and see what's going to happen with this marriage in 2013.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

Tom Gamble and Jim Tomusla works for me. Or Steve Mariucci. Or even Mike Singletary. Looking forward to Tuesday.

Jim Tomsula looks like an unperverted and intelligent Rex Ryan or a young Ron Jeremy. I'm in.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Rah Rah was totally wrong, again.

SAR I
    What is this story?

I see posts from Ray Ray 19, who we all know here, probably you most of all recently. You guys have been arguing like your getting a divorce.

But WHO is Rah Rah? Is that someone making fun of Ray Ray with their handle? What's the story, SAR?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to get excited about the new GM with Woody around to put his nose in everything.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by extra714 View Post
    Hard to get excited about the new GM with Woody around to put his nose in everything.
    Yeah, silly owner wanting to know where his millions are going.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is always a grinch...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wishful-thinking. Praying it's accurate come Monday.

SAR I
    And what if it's NOT accurate, SAR?

What if Gamble actually decides to Keep Rex?

What then?

Will you throw a tantrum like a little kid?

Will you disappear from these boards faster than the Tebow-ites will once he signs with Jacksonville?

I mean seriously....this OBSESSION with "getting rid of Rex Ryan" got old a long-time ago. He's a nincompoop but if Tom says "he stays", you're just going to have to suck it up and deal with it like the rest of us.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    But the Jets can't land a top candidate

Rex would scare them off

The cap would scare them off

Woody would scare them off

Manish would scare them off

They are the Jets

LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have a wonderful attitude for a sports fan.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    And what if it's NOT accurate, SAR?

What if Gamble actually decides to Keep Rex?

What then?

I mean seriously....this OBSESSION with "getting rid of Rex Ryan" got old a long-time ago. He's a nincompoop but if Tom says "he stays", you're just going to have to suck it up and deal with it like the rest of us.

Until he is actually retained, we root for Rex Ryan to get fired as hard as we can. Pray for it 5x a day until Tuesday, hope he does something even more stupid in the Bahamas, hope his wife decides that she can't take New York anymore.

If he is retained, we set up a 358 day countdown-clock to the day he's fired and our rebuild can begin. Nothing good happens for the Jets until Rex Ryan is punted out of New Jersey.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It could be worse ; how would you like Jerry Jones or Al Davis (passed). Woody is a pretty reasonable guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody is normally a hands-off owner. He may be stupid and inept but he is usually hands-off unless Tim Tebow is available.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Until he is actually retained, we root for Rex Ryan to get fired as hard as we can. Pray for it 5x a day until Tuesday, hope he does something even more stupid in the Bahamas, hope his wife decides that she can't take New York anymore.

If he is retained, we set up a 358 day countdown-clock to the day he's fired and our rebuild can begin. Nothing good happens for the Jets until Rex Ryan is punted out of New Jersey.

SAR I

Did you actually MAKE THOSE GIFS?

Anyway, I'm wondering....if you were given the chance to LITERALLY punt Rex out of New Jersey, how hard would you kick him?