Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamble turns down 2nd interview with Jags to focus on Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Gotta hand it to Woody

He's doing whatever it takes to get this team back on track.
    That's what we said after he hired Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    He made it up
    What a clown. And he says the Jets are a circus...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Now your faking tweets?
    If he is.... That is insubordinate... and churlish!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ban.
    Guys, he's just kidding. A bunch of us have done that even in the tweet threads. Calm down.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    But the Jets can't land a top candidate

Rex would scare them off

The cap would scare them off

Woody would scare them off

Manish would scare them off

They are the Jets

Thank you for your contribution.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Aldon Smith yes, but when those other players were acquired he was in pro personnel not college. He brought in some excellent pro players Rogers, Whittner, Justin Smith, Ginn, etc, Be happy for what he did do.

some of you are happy and you don't even know why you should be happy.
    Like we need you to tell us when we can/can't be happy. Go **** yourself, troll.

Undrafted Free Agent
    looks like he's our guy

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Like we need you to tell us when we can/can't be happy. Go **** yourself, troll.
    Seriously,

Patman why don't you go enjoy your teams success.

Your obsession with the Jets is weird as hell.

I can feel it. The guy wants it! Gamble is gonna be the new GM NYJ...

With the Jaguars out of the picture, and the solid relationships both Gamble and his dad had with Buddy and Rex Ryan...makes this very much a likely landing spot for Tommy boy.

Excerpts from Cannizzaro...

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...m1V2RMe5j9kX6I

"Johnsonís man should be Tom Gamble, the 49ers director of player personnel. Gamble fits the Jets perfectly because his strength is in personnel and he has done virtually everything else in the game other than long snap and cook team meals.

Gamble, the son of former Eagles president Harry Gamble, has been in the NFL for 25 years and has coached (with the Jets in 1995-96), been a college and pro scout, done contract negotiations and has extensive experience with the draft and the salary cap.

There are available candidates with more experience, but there is not a more well-rounded, qualified candidate than Gamble, who is scheduled to interview with the Jets over the weekend.

With the 49ers, Gamble has had a hand in building every facet of their roster, which will send nine players to the Pro Bowl this month. Itís a roster that produced an 11-4-1 regular season, an NFC West title and the No. 1 playoff seed in the conference, one year removed from making the NFC Championship Game.

In part, that includes the drafting of defensive end Aldon Smith, who had 19 1/2 sacks this season, free safety Dashon Goldson and linebackers Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman. All are going to the Pro Bowl.

It includes signing key free agents such as defensive end Justin Smith, the first cornerstone of this defense, and cornerback Donte Whitner ó also Pro Bowlers.

Gamble has been a part of a culture in San Francisco that builds the team through the draft and stockpiles picks ó the opposite philosophy the Jets have employed. He has been a part of building 11 playoff teams ó four with the Eagles, five with the Colts, and two with the 49ers.

Gamble worked with Buddy Ryan in Philadelphia and has known Rex Ryan for more than 20 years. So he and Rex, who have a mutual respect for each other, could become a strong team."

Woody...give him full powers and authority...and Jets will be a playoff calibre team for the long haul. Starting in either 2014, or no later then 2015.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Where did you get this quote? It's not any where in Cimini's twitter when i search it.
    Just wishful-thinking. Praying it's accurate come Monday.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Guys, he's just kidding. A bunch of us have done that even in the tweet threads. Calm down.
    Doesn't mean it's fine. Use an emoticon or lol or something. It's just ****ing annoying and hard enough to sift through the constant trash as it is.

Hall Of Fame
    I wonder if we get Tomsula to come here as the DC. He and Dunbar on the same staff would be great.

If I was Gamble and they were forcing me to keep Rex I would try to bring him and tell him that if Rex phucks up next season he gets the job.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ban.
    Ageed, ban him if he"s making this $hit up!

Doesn't mean it's fine. Use an emoticon or lol or something. It's just ****ing annoying and hard enough to sift through the constant trash as it is.

If he's going to say. Rex will still be fired, then he should jsut say that, not put it in twitter form.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Just wishful-thinking. Praying it's accurate come Monday.

SAR I
    sar i really?

you have 0 credability here and now this? come on man

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Thank you for your contribution.
    I'm sure there is some smarmy arrogant meaning to this, but you're welcome anyway!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    wasn't Gamble an assistant with the Jets the season they went 1-15?

seriously though, this would be a great move
    Funny but that experience counts also, right. Knowing what doesn't work is also good experience.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

It wasn't intended to make you upset or cry. If I cost you 3 or 4 tissues, I'll PayPal you the $0.10 cents.

I adjusted the original post and am getting a tattoo with an emoticon in a Mark Sanchez jersey.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I wonder if we get Tomsula to come here as the DC. He and Dunbar on the same staff would be great.

If I was Gamble and they were forcing me to keep Rex I would try to bring him and tell him that if Rex phucks up next season he gets the job.
    Except that none of that makes sense.

You are suggesting that Gamble should come in with some kind of chip on his shoulder, and start laying down his authority with a coach who YOU assume is being forced on him, nevermind the 20 years of history Rex has with the man.

That is how you want things to start off with the Tom Gamble Jets?

GTFO

Seriously

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It wasn't intended to make you upset or cry. If I cost you 3 or 4 tissues, I'll PayPal you the $0.10 cents.

I adjusted the original post and am getting a tattoo with an emoticon in a Mark Sanchez jersey.

SAR I
    Lmao