Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Movie Doesn't Suck?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    I saw Zero Dark Thirty. Good flick. Worth the admission.
    Glad you liked it. DU was better, IMO but two very different movies, obviously... I'm also a huge Tarantino fan so I may be biased...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    dickkotite recently went to the movies,,,,,,,and thats rare but here is my report:

We went to see lincoln. after one hour, we left. honestly, its was the most boring one hour i can remember in a long time. it was kind of like watching cspan in black and white, with smelly people who didnt shower. i heard the first hour sucks and then it gets better, but i was so bored and beaten down at that point ...then i remembered , "oh, django unchained is starting next door..."

django unchained was fantastic. sar1 is right, the first hour might be quentins best, although i disagree and thought the entire film to the very end was great after that. better than pulp fiction, not as good as dogs. very, very funny. the guy who played the german was superb kinda like a twisted gene wilder in the chocolate factory and samuel jackson was super, super funny

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw Django last night. It was awesome. 2 hrs 45 min, which had put me off initially, but I could have watched another 2 hrs.

It does kind of break into halves. The first half is a movie almost anyone would love - basically 'pulp fiction'-level mass-audience appeal, with some classic Tarantino dialogue and scene-construction. He could make another movie showing more 'Django and the Doc' exploits, and it would be great. The second half is pure Tarantino - the stiff you know he loves. More Reservoir Dogs than Pulp Fiction. If you're a fan, you just sit there laughing, thinking 'of course', it's all over-the-top, 'we're in on the joke' Tarantino brilliance. You can hear him in the back of your mind directing: "Yes! More! More! Excellent!"

An instant classic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Django Unchained
    Jack Reacher
    Zero Dark Thirty

I have to go to one this weekend and these are my only options. I have negatives on all of them so if the consensus is they all suck, can I get an opinion on which one sucks less? Many thanks.
    Zero Dark Thirty is the best of the 3 though I liked Django. Jessica Chastain is hot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Cooper is quietly turning into a very fine actor.
    He was excellent in the Hangover movies and I really liked Limitless.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Django, Zero Dark Thirty, and Silver Linings Playbook were all excellent IMO.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    He was excellent in the Hangover movies and I really liked Limitless.
    Agree with you and Borgo, though I thought the idea behind Limitless was better than the execution (I liked it, though). And I hate when Deniro agrees to do one of those roles that he can just mail in. That part could have been played by any of dozens of actors, and just as well. Not saying he did a bad job, at all, but there just wasn't much to the character, so it ends up being something of a letdown, because it's him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw The Hobbit about 3 weeks ago. A 3 hour complete money grab pile of disappointing suck.

Will stick with the recs and go see zero dark thirty....haven't heard a bad thing said about it so far.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just want to be in a situation where someone asks me who I am so I can say...

"Im the mother****er that found this place sir"

Honestly I think that is the best line I've heard in a movie in a loooooooong time.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Saw Django last night. It was awesome. 2 hrs 45 min, which had put me off initially, but I could have watched another 2 hrs.

It does kind of break into halves. The first half is a movie almost anyone would love - basically 'pulp fiction'-level mass-audience appeal, with some classic Tarantino dialogue and scene-construction. He could make another movie showing more 'Django and the Doc' exploits, and it would be great. The second half is pure Tarantino - the stiff you know he loves. More Reservoir Dogs than Pulp Fiction. If you're a fan, you just sit there laughing, thinking 'of course', it's all over-the-top, 'we're in on the joke' Tarantino brilliance. You can hear him in the back of your mind directing: "Yes! More! More! Excellent!"

An instant classic.

... +9999999999999999 ...

I love Tarrantino ... If you do too it was F'in awesome

Samuel L Jackson was hysterical

Ljr

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I just want to be in a situation where someone asks me who I am so I can say...

"I'm the mother****er that found this place sir"

Honestly I think that is the best line I've heard in a movie in a loooooooong time.
    +1. The next time someone comes to my cabin in Vt and asks me about it I'm going to use that line.