Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News/Strong Rumor: Reports Tom Gamble agrees to be Jets GM

Jets Insider VIP
    Told you.

Veteran
    I like the selection by the Jets if this pans out because we finally have a football guy at the helm. Whether we fire Rex or not doesn't matter to me because this years team won't be good enough to get to the SB, not without a QB and the talent level we are currently at. This is certainly a 2 year project before anyone can start expecting 10-12 win teams from this club.

Yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Told you.
    10Penny? More like 10Bess.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. We are in the wrong business.
    Seriously. JI has had Gamble as the number 1 target for weeks....Woody should have thrown $100K to Sooth (for a new server of course)!

Jets Insider VIP
    F*cking A, B and C!!!!

Sent from a phone using an app

I hope this is true. Let the housecleaning begin!!

You should stop imitating, the real Namath.

unless gamble was told by woody he has to keep rex ryan i think the tattoo perv boy wonder is a goner.

rex tarnishes the image of this football team.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Seriously. JI has had Gamble as the number 1 target for weeks....Woody should have thrown $100K to Sooth (for a new server of course)!
    LOL. I think the search firm just trolled JI for a couple of weeks and then made a recommendation Woody.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    unless gamble was told by woody he has to keep rex ryan i think the tattoo perv boy wonder is a goner.

It was already said that Woody was telling candidates that Rex has to remain HC next season and that candidates were okay with that.

People in the actual industry have respect for Rex as a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

Gamble has a long-standing relationship with Rex and the Ryan family.

it may be that having Rex as a coach made the Jets job more attractive to him.

oh i hope this is true!!!

I would like to say awesome and think that everything will get better from here on out. That's the optimistic approach to take.

However, we, as Jets fans, have been through this many a time. How do we really know who we are getting? Are we getting a truly great GM who is undoubtedly going to add much more talent to our team or are we just getting another Terry Bradway?

Therefore, I choose to temper my enthusiasm with a dose of reality.

There's no doubting the guy has the experience and the background to be a successful GM. But he does have a lot of hard decisions to make:

1) What to do with Sanchez? His hands may be tied on that. He may have no choice but to keep him on the team. If he is on the team, the Jets will be operating short handed. They'll have less of a salary cap essentially.

2) Trade Tebow. Can Gamble get anything out of Tebow in trade? Or can he somehow convince Tebow that he's a FB and he should give up on playing QB? My expectation is that anything that the Jets get in the way of picks is better than nothing in regards to Tebow.

3) Can he resign Revis? Everbody knows he'll hold out this season if he isn't given an extension with big money involved. Revis is a generational player IMO. The Jets have never had that kind of talent out of any football player they have ever had. I believe the Jets should keep him on the team for as long as he remains a pro.

These are only the 3 biggest ones as I see it. I'm sure there are others.

How Gamble can handle these situations and others should really be the only expectations that we have for him. My feeling is that we shouldn't be expecting the Jets to be back where they were in 2009 and 2010. If we can barely eek into the playoffs next season and then immediately lose, I would think that has to be a huge improvement. One worthy of praise for the new GM.

You don't know what your talking about. The sad thing is, you believe you do.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    You should stop imitating, the real Namath.
    I am not guaranteeing anything. Just passing on the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Great move. 1st order of business, can Rex.
    Dude, don't you get it? Gamble was the one candidate out there that loves Rex. Like it or not, Rex is your 2013 head coach. Now can you just STFU?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Play like a 49er!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Sounds like we got our man.

Great news.

SAR I

More important then coach is the GM, lets hope Gamble is the man and the rest will fall in line.

Jets Insider VIP
    Predictions:

1. Gamble retains Rex.
    2. Gamble fires Sparano as OC, hires a strong OC candidate that HE knows....not a Norv Turner or someone else Rex wants.
    3. Rex is do-or-die in 2013 as Gamble's newly hired OC is the guy waiting in the wings for the HC job.