Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News/Strong Rumor: Reports Tom Gamble agrees to be Jets GM

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Has this been confirmed anywhere else?
    It can't be...The Jets still need to interview a minority candidate, which they are scheduled to do Monday when they interview Marc Ross from the NYG

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Tom Gamble, our new QB. No, only kidding. Matt Flynn, who i would prefer over Alex Smith.
    Hit the Quote button when you want to reply to a particular post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I can't agree and you know I have lived long enough.. The Majority of the NFL is minority, if a minority owner came in and only hired minority coaches I would have no problem with that.. This is 2013 not 1960.. You should hire who you want period..
    Okay, I respect your opinion but I disagree. Prejudice is still prevalent in 2013 and you hear it in remarks made all the time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I can't agree and you know I have lived long enough.. The Majority of the NFL is minority, if a minority owner came in and only hired minority coaches I would have no problem with that.. This is 2013 not 1960.. You should hire who you want period..
    Players are, but the overwhelming majority of management and owners aren't. Out of 32 clubs, 1 owner, 1 GM, and 2 HCs are a minority.

And, teams are allowed to "hire who you want period." This isn't about forcing someone to be hired. This is about opportunity.

The reason why the rule was put in place is because white coaches were getting rehired and fired 3 or 4 times and no minority candiates were getting interviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL. We need to rethink that rudimentary posting class, C Mart.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Is Rex still wearing, his Jet/Titan gear on the island & has Woody stopped. paying for his room service there?

Lighten up,im new here

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL. We need to rethink that rudimentary posting class, C Mart.
    Sorry for not responding the correct way, im responding to you the correct way. Im an idiot, but not dumb

How is this possible. Isn't there a mandatory minority interview on Monday?

Sorry for not responding the correct way, im responding to you the correct way. Im an idiot, but not dumb
    Join the club. Just messing around, Geno. No disrespect.

Smile Thanks for the tip CMart,

Im new here,and never considered that. Actually its a great feature when you wanna get a particular persons attention, thanks

Smile I know that

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Join the club. Just messing around, Geno. No disrespect.
    Glad to be a member of the Jet Insider family

Come back and say that after the 1st series of the Jets scrimmage during training camp....

Welcome aboard!

All League
    It can't be...The Jets still need to interview a minority candidate, which they are scheduled to do Monday when they interview Marc Ross from the NYG
    GMgate...Jets hire GM without interviewing minority candidate...beat writers suggest the NFL fine the Jets $1 Million and forfeit their 1st Round pick

Does anyone know if Gamble was one of the people high on Sanchez coming out of the 2009 draft? IIRC, 49ers were one of the pre-draft landing spots for Sanchez as they had brought him in for a pre-draft workout. Gamble was overseeing the college and pro personnel efforts at the time. Any chance that he might still be confident in Sanchez, even though 4 years has past?

Jets Insider VIP
    So you like Rex, right

All League
    Time to change the thread title to RUMOR, mods.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    It seems almost everybody here gives Gamble a big thumbs up. so I must ask .... all you Gamble lovers/Rex haters, what happens if Gamble is given the authority to fire Rex, but does not, are you gonna turn on him, too?
    Exactly.

Tom Gamble and Rex had a positive relationship and mutual respect for each other, that goes back to their days together with the Eagles. Where papa Gamble and Buddy also had a good working relationship.

There's no reason to think that Gamble won't give Rex a fair chance to make this relationship work well together. Rex would trust Gamble to do just that.

Rex needs to trust Gamble with the offense. If Rex is open to the changes that Gamble wants to make at OC and QB coach. And at the QB position too. Then maybe this can work.

As I said in another thread. All these hyper Rex haters may have to humble themselves to use their acidic tongues...and lick the #6 tattoo from the biceps on Rex. These fans may need to bury their egos on this occasion...cause this marriage may work out. We'll just have to wait and see.

As I said before. I don't give a damn if I'm right or wrong on this issue. I'd rather be surprised that the Gamble-Rex marriage is working well. Then boast proudly that I knew it wouldn't.

I'm more focused on wanting Gamble to succeed. Less on hoping Rex doesn't.

good news and woody must take some serious credit to getting a competent guy in short order. shows that woody wants a winning team and lots of posters need to take back comments that woody only wants psls, etc. woody knows the suret way to sell out metlife is to field a decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Okay, I respect your opinion but I disagree. Prejudice is still prevalent in 2013 and you hear it in remarks made all the time.
    Most of the racism that I hear comes from the mouths of minorities. That guy Parker on ESPN is usually good for one a week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Im new here,and never considered that. Actually its a great feature when you wanna get a particular persons attention, thanks
    Welcome to the internet.