Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News/Strong Rumor: Reports Tom Gamble agrees to be Jets GM

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    why does everyone think tebow will be gone with a competent gm he may see tebow as someone we could use remember he drafted kapernick so maybe he will see tebow in the same role.

all i know is rex would be dumb to go to sanchez because another 8-8 year and most likely he will be fired.
    The only way I'd TOLERATE Teblow remaining is the if the GM makes Tebow give up trying to be a QB and focus on being a FULLBACK.

Considering that Teblow is stubborn about that, I'm not holding my breath.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rooney Rule. Hell, I propose we add a Mara Rule.... Kate Mara.

Why don't we forced these teams to interview at least one woman candidate too? After all, one might knock it out the park and just get the job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    to bad we dont know for sure

second we could have montana on the roster and rexy would not make his bofriend compete with anyone i mean seriously a tatoo of the guys jersey............ rex is a buffoon
    Why is Rex a buffoon? B/C he says the F-word? B/C we didn't have a high powered offense with Clyde Gates, Chaz Schilens and Jeff Cumberland? He didn't make the Tim Tebow wildcat offense the dominant machine it supposed to be?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Exactly.

Tom Gamble and Rex had a positive relationship and mutual respect for each other, that goes back to their days together with the Eagles. Where papa Gamble and Buddy also had a good working relationship.

There's no reason to think that Gamble won't give Rex a fair chance to make this relationship work well together. Rex would trust Gamble to do just that.

Rex needs to trust Gamble with the offense. If Rex is open to the changes that Gamble wants to make at OC and QB coach. And at the QB position too. Then maybe this can work.

As I said in another thread. All these hyper Rex haters may have to humble themselves to use their acidic tongues...and lick the #6 tattoo from the biceps on Rex. These fans may need to bury their egos on this occasion...cause this marriage may work out. We'll just have to wait and see.

As I said before. I don't give a damn if I'm right or wrong on this issue. I'd rather be surprised that the Gamble-Rex marriage is working well. Then boast proudly that I knew it wouldn't.

I'm more focused on wanting Gamble to succeed. Less on hoping Rex doesn't.
    This is probably one of the bests posts I've read on here in a long time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post

Why don't we forced these teams to interview at least one woman candidate too? After all, one might knock it out the park and just get the job.
    That's not a bad idea.

It's not like being a GM involves taking-the-field or anything.

It only takes brains(or in Tanny's case, lack thereof) to be GM.

WHY NOT A WOMAN?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Agreed, they both have a good scouting backgrounds, Gamble seems to have more experience and shares some history with Ryan

choices are good, it not like we are hearing about AJ Smith, Matt Millen, also not sure what happened to Piolli but he was hated in KC
    Pioli was exposed for the fraud he is....another one of the NE frauds riding on Tammy's coattails. Notice the long record of failures from the NE tree. This is not to difficult to see.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Why is Rex a buffoon? B/C he says the F-word? B/C we didn't have a high powered offense with Clyde Gates, Chaz Schilens and Jeff Cumberland? He didn't make the Tim Tebow wildcat offense the dominant machine it supposed to be?
    no because he clearly is not a h.c he wants to be friends with you first intstead of your disciplinarian.......

the misuse of tebow is just one
    the fact eric smith os still on the roster is another
    the superbowl guarantee
    the flipping off fans
    the john connor signing
    the endorsement to bring holmes here
    the way the team just quit on him and each other last year
    and etc etc etc............

no accountability for his players at all and to loyal to those that suck.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post

Wouldn't the women automatically come in under the present minority rule

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no because he clearly is not a h.c he wants to be friends with you first intstead of your disciplinarian.......

the misuse of tebow is just one
    the fact eric smith os still on the roster is another
    the superbowl guarantee
    the flipping off fans
    the john connor signing
    the endorsement to bring holmes here
    the way the team just quit on him and each other last year
    and etc etc etc............

no accountability for his players at all and to loyal to those that suck.
    1. I guess I'm crazy but I don't give two sh*ts about what Rex says.

2. Don't disagree about Smith but Mike Tanenbaum was the GM. Ultimately the decision was his not Rex's. Smith was also Mangina's pet too.

3. Holmes almost got us to a Super Bowl in 2010. Yes he got a bad contract but again that's the GM's area of responsibility.

4. The misuse of Tebow? F'ing clown should not have been on the Jets in the first place.

5. Accountability of players - how do you know that? Have you been in the practices?

Stop listening to WFAN, it's ruining your brain.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 01-05-2013 at 08:45 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. I guess I'm crazy but I don't give two sh*ts about what Rex says. The Media acts like it's the end of the world if Rex says something nice about one of his players - I don't care.

2. Don't disagree about Smith but Mike Tanenbaum was the GM. Ultimately the decision was his not Rex's. Smith was also Mangina's pet too.

3. Holmes almost got us to a Super Bowl in 2010. Yes he got a bad contract but again that's the GM's area of responsibility.

4. The misuse of Tebow? F'ing clown should have been on the Jets in the first place.

Stop listening to WFAN, it's ruining your brain.

It hard to hold your players accountable to perform and be responsible when Rex can't do the same. Part of being a good leader is leading by example. This is an area with he "must" change to become a complete Head Coach!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    It hard to hold your players accountable to perform and be responsible when Rex can't do the same. Part of being a good leader is leading by example. This is an area with he "must" change to become a complete Head Coach!
    Example of what? You don't think players on the football field don't cuss or talk sh*t? This is so silly and the product of lousy sports radio.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Wouldn't the women automatically come in under the present minority rule
    There are 100 women for every 96 men

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Example of what? You don't think players on the football field don't cuss or talk sh*t? This is so silly and the product of lousy sports radio.
    Obviously we disagree, If Rex can't hold his temper and has to flip off a fan, then tries to give a player a hard time for a stupid late hit or personal foul. It is not talk radio , it is leadership 101! Name me a coach with terrible personal discipline who has had consistent success in the NFL? Immature people are not the leaders of men!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously we disagree, If Rex can't hold his temper and has to flip off a fan, then tries to give a player a hard time for a stupid late hit or personal foul. It is not talk radio , it is leadership 101! Name me a coach with terrible personal discipline who has had consistent success in the NFL? Immature people are not the leaders of men!
    Yeah Rex giving a fan the middle finger 2 years ago is the reason why Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates and Scott Reuland can't get open and Revis and Tone got hurt.

Sports talk radio has gone to hell.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Exactly.

Tom Gamble and Rex had a positive relationship and mutual respect for each other, that goes back to their days together with the Eagles. Where papa Gamble and Buddy also had a good working relationship.

There's no reason to think that Gamble won't give Rex a fair chance to make this relationship work well together. Rex would trust Gamble to do just that.

Rex needs to trust Gamble with the offense. If Rex is open to the changes that Gamble wants to make at OC and QB coach. And at the QB position too. Then maybe this can work.

As I said in another thread. All these hyper Rex haters may have to humble themselves to use their acidic tongues...and lick the #6 tattoo from the biceps on Rex. These fans may need to bury their egos on this occasion...cause this marriage may work out. We'll just have to wait and see.

As I said before. I don't give a damn if I'm right or wrong on this issue. I'd rather be surprised that the Gamble-Rex marriage is working well. Then boast proudly that I knew it wouldn't.

I'm more focused on wanting Gamble to succeed. Less on hoping Rex doesn't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Ditka

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Mike Ditka
    Yep... He was a phenomenal coach with the Saints!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on now. Even with the Bears he was a character.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair all Rex did was give a fan the finger - and they were both at a nightclub. Ditka actually grabbed his crotch and spit on the ground at the Superdome in front of 75,000 people to include women and children. And it's happened with Ditka multiple occasions.

Rex is actually a saint compared to Ditka.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Come on now. Even with the Bears he was a character.
    You are starting a team today from scratch... You can pick any of the below head coaches to be your guy, you telling me you would take Ditka? ( I will try to be reasonable with my choices)

1. Cowher
    2. Ditka
    3. Coughlin
    4. Billick
    5. McCarthy
    6. Shannahan

Maybe I take Ditka over Billick on that list but that is about it...